Hilary Duff's New Video on the Disney Channel?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Zoegirl942

Hilary Duff's New Video on the Disney Channel?

Post by Zoegirl942 »

Why was Hilary Duff's new music video on the disney channel?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Hilary Duff is signed with Buena Vista/Hollywood Records. I imagine Disney wants to promote her upcoming Greatest Hits album, <i>Most Wanted</i> (which, btw, will also apparently have a Collector's Edition made available), for which the new "Wake Up" video is the launch single. Most, if not all, of Hilary's music videos have been aired on the Disney Channel, though they are usually truncated, and that's the case with this one too.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Princess Jasmine
Limited Issue

Post by Princess Jasmine »

:x I have no respect for that girl. :x
Alice
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alice »

Two Words:

Kill HER!
Alice coming back with POWER! POWER!
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I hate her. And plus, her face looks bad in that video!
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I love the Hilary Duff video but it's to short... maybe MTV might have a longer version.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Princess Jasmine
Limited Issue

I don't think I could survive a longer version.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I haven't seen the video on Disney but usually they cut it shorter. Just watch TRL to see, her video's been in the top 3 the last few days. Or watch it online. They have it on AOL.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

They should take Hilary, her sister, Ashley Simpson and her no talent sister, Jessica, Christina Aguilera, Brittany Spears and all the other drivvel that they call talent and send them on the next Shuttle to Mars.

What a waste of humar beings, and I could never say they are or were role models for any of my kids or grandkids.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Hilary Duff

Post by Joshrzmeup »

The song is kinda cool, and at least she has a tad of talent, unlike the rest of the teeny-bopper girls (Ashlee, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica simpson, Haylie Duff).
If you think seeing her video on tv is bad, go to Kohl's. Her picture is everywhere for the new Candie's line of clothes and accessories.
At least she doesn't go around flaunting publicly what she has and doesn't have, like many many other girls in the spotlight do today. It shows that there is one decent person in the world for little girls to dress like.[/i]
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
Princess Jasmine
Limited Issue

I will say one thing though, she is way better than Lindsay Lohan
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Hilary Duff

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

LizzieMcGuire wrote:The song is kinda cool, and at least she has a tad of talent, unlike the rest of the teeny-bopper girls (Ashlee, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica simpson, Haylie Duff).
If you think seeing her video on tv is bad, go to Kohl's. Her picture is everywhere for the new Candie's line of clothes and accessories.
At least she doesn't go around flaunting publicly what she has and doesn't have, like many many other girls in the spotlight do today. It shows that there is one decent person in the world for little girls to dress like.
I agree completely. I can't really stand seeing some of the role models in lives today. I hate that there is a certain "look" that all girls should have, and one all boys should have. I'm just glad Hilary hasn't lowered herself to immoral standards and hasn't gone anorexic.

And I may be the minority here, but I think she's okay... (Please... don't hurt me... :lol: )
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

I think Hilary is cool too. I just wish they wouldn't over play it on Disney Channel. I was watching That's So Raven, then they played it during the commercial so I switched to the other channel and they were playing it there too! Yeah, its played too often.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

dvdjunkie wrote:They should take Hilary, her sister, Ashley Simpson and her no talent sister, Jessica, Christina Aguilera, Brittany Spears and all the other drivvel that they call talent and send them on the next Shuttle to Mars.
Yeah, but Mars is prime for colonization, once we figure out how to get there fast enough and make water and a suitable atmosphere! Sending them there could screw it all up. Now, if we were sending them to Mobius, or even Neptune, that's another story.

And IMO, Christina has a really good voice.
Princess Jasmine wrote:I will say one thing though, she is way better than Lindsay Lohan
Don't diss Lindsay in front of me! :P We've got The Lohan Report!

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

What is with Lindsay Lohan? She looks anorexic, and her boob job looks pretty phony. Plus she has turned her back on all those responsible for getting her where she is today. What is up with that???

Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I think Hilary is an untalented brat. At least Lindsey can somewhat act.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Those of you who have read my profile know that I work for the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Wichita, Kansas. Well, Hilary and Haylie Duff are there tonight because Jesse McCartney is appearing in Wichita tomorrow and they are here to support him on his first major tour.

The two Duff girls are dumb as a box of rocks. They really give blondes a bad name. I was helping them with their luggage and after getting it into their room, I asked if they wanted me to fill their ice bucket. They said that would be nice, Hilary said not to put to much in it, because they were going out and she didn't want a bucket of water because it wouldn't make her drink taste right. HuH??? Then when I left to go down the hall about ten feet to get fresh ice, she and her sis left the room and headed downtairs. After I left the ice bucket in their room and went downstairs, I encountered Hilary one more time, ans she wanted to know if we had a "real" restaurant in our hotel. I assured her that Southwinds , our restaurant was bery upscale and would be able to fulfill all her needs. She said she didn't want to go to the bar, she wanted a restaurant, I had to take her in and show her that it was a restaurant, and that the bar was a separate part of it. What an idiot....................and this is what we are all going ga-ga over. God I hope she doesn't get married and have kids.

By the way Jesse McCartney is really cool. I have tickets to the show tomorrow night (Friday) at the Cotillion in Wichita.

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

dvdjunkie wrote: By the way Jesse McCartney is really cool. I have tickets to the show tomorrow night (Friday) at the Cotillion in Wichita.

The Duff sounds more like The Duh after that story.

IA, McCartney is cool. I remember watching him way back when (well, 4 years ago) on All My Children. One of the rare cases of a child actor who can act and sing.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Agreed- Jesse McCartney is extremely talented, at least in singing (haven't seen him act).

I don't think that story implies anything about Hilary other than that she's a celebrity who is unfamiliar with her location and doesn't want to waste prescious time. But then, I also don't think it's fair to judge her intelligence or idiocy based on one little story... or on whether or not you like or her music... or any other superficial reasons. Not that it's really fair to go calling her an idiot, waste of life, she should die, etc., on any basis.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Alice
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alice »

He sucks too..........

He sounds like a girl.........

and he's FUGLY!
Alice coming back with POWER! POWER!