Help me save Lilo and Stitch: The Series. Visit my petition.

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
watsonsword

Help me save Lilo and Stitch: The Series. Visit my petition.

Post by watsonsword »

Dear Ultimate Disney and it’s many members

My name is David Johnson. My online name is WatsonSword.

Perhaps many of you have heard about Disney Channel’s 65 episode rule. For those who haven’t, let me explain.
During the initial formation of Disney Channel under the leadership of Michael Eisner, a guideline was developed stating that no show broadcast on Disney Chanel should have more than a 65 episode lifecycle. This was intended to produce large amounts of material for a network that broadcast only first party shows. This guideline was immediately enforced as if it were policy and continues to this day.

This is not to say there weren’t exceptions to the rule. DuckTales and Chip ‘n Dales Rescue Rangers were both extended beyond this guideline. However, there were countless high quality shows that were cut short long before their due because of it.

The latest of these shows is Lilo and Stitch: The Series.

Lilo and Stitch the Series is perhaps one of the finest family shows to have been produced on Disney Channel for a long time. The fanbase of the Lilo and Stitch seems to transcend things like age, race, and gender, and I believe it is precisely because it is such a powerful lesson on things like community, acceptance, tolerance, and forgiveness. Unlike most other Disney franchises, Lilo and Stitch is something that can be personally related to by a great many parties. Living in a crowded house on low income is something too many families must endure. Many children are often bullied and outcast for being eccentric. Many more children have lost close family members all to early. And who doesn’t want to have a close friend that they can count on? Those at SaveDisneyShows.org and I believe that Lilo and Stitch, both the television series, and the franchise as a whole, is not just children’s entertainment, it is a lesson about life.

I do realize that every episode, including the movie finale Leroy and Stitch, has already been completed and is only waiting to be shown. I also realize that the movie finale resolves the situation facing its main characters and will most likely remove the current villain from the picture. This does not mean in any way that the show must end. In fact, if Lilo and Stitch were to be continued after Leroy and Stitch, then it may even renew the shows vigor by creating brand new situations and forcing greater creative thinking by its writers. I myself have thought of several ways the series could continue after the current conflicts are all resolved, but due to your typical legal reasons I will neglect to mention them.

Perhaps I’m getting ahead of myself, but I honestly believe that whatever allowed a policy that destroys high quality and highly profitable programs should not be tolerated. Moreover, I believe that Lilo and Stitch, more than any other franchise deserves better than to fall victim to such an outdated policy.

This is why I am a member of SaveDisneyShows.org and its efforts to renew Lilo and Stitch for more material.
To that effect I have written a petition at petitiononline.com asking for an extension of the series beyond its current planned run. Thus far the success of my petition has been dismal. This is why I am pleading with audiences like you that, if you care as much about Lilo and Stitch as I do, to please sign this petition, and encourage others to do the same.

My petition can be found at the following URL

http://new.petitiononline.com/stitch00/petition.html

Thank you for your time in reading my request.

David C Johnson

WatsonSword
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

Save Lilo and Stitch

Post by JEANYLASER »

i sign this petition for saving lilo and stitch because i love them. 8)
JEANY SANCHEZ
I Am Clark Kent

All Good Things...

Post by I Am Clark Kent »

You remeber the title of the last episode of Star Trek: TNG?

All Good Things.....

The tagline of the episode was that all good things must come to an end. Its sad but true.

Besides the series was only supposed to last three seasons, which it did.

And they're also running out of stories to tell with Stitch and company. The same thing happened with Alladin.

I actually read an excerpt for the Book "Mastering the Universe" done by one of the creators of He-Man, and he stated that companies like Disney and Matel will just dry a franshice up so much that, at some very important level, we end up beating a dead horse. Dead is dead, there is no way you can make it come back to life again.

Its easier to just give up and conquer new ground.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I signed it to because I love Lilo and Stitch but Disney already cancelled the show.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Disney Fanatic

What?!

Post by Disney Fanatic »

Why did they cancel the show? Lilo & Stich is generally good. Don't see why they had to cancel it at all! Most TV shows on Disney channel are crap, but there are some few exceptions. Saying that, almost all of Disney's ''original'' TV made films are garbage.
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

i love the lilo and stitch the series ill sign your petition as soon as i write this.

this series has everything a great series needs!
great charecters
good plot
many different situations
good writers

this shouldent even be in the same catagory as some of the other shows disney makes, its great!

how many signatures do you need?
i have a lot of friends who thinks its a good show to ill ask them to sign it to! :D

sign this petiton to save stitch the series!
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I signed it !! My kids love Lilo & Stich.
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
pickmeuplove

Post by pickmeuplove »

I signed!

A little sad to see only 38 people have signed the petition.

I know there are more fans out there! Show your support, even if you don't think anything will happen, it won't hurt! It takes like 30 seconds if you don't write a comment. :)
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

I haven't signed but I plan too. I think that if it gets enough signatures then we'll probably get something new. I mean, it worked for Kim Possible- fourth season is currently in production.
-James
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I signed the petition. I hate the 65 episode rule! Even Stevens was one of my favorite shows. :x
- Jonathan
Lion711

Post by Lion711 »

i dont have any real problem with the 65 ep rule. It stops shows from going stale and means Disney need to keep making new shows. Mayby a 100 rule would be better but in general i dont have any problem with it. Though i will miss L & S i am happy that the show will go out strong.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

No Way

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

MY name is David Johnson!!!!!!! :shock:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

ok the petition has 42 signatures now but thats not enough we need alot more come on people were all disney fans why not sign it today???

you should also join the save disney shows website.

www.savedisneyshows.org

its a good cause!

Stinky Pete
Limited Issue

Post by Stinky Pete »

43 sigs now.

There are 255 other experiments and you are going to stop at 65? Please don't leave us hanging.
...and so you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3... I'm sorry. Are we back? All right girls...lovely talking to you.

Outtakes from Toy Story 2
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

There are 255 other experiments
You mean they've already covered over 300 other experiments in the series?

I wish it had gone on for at least one more season. I only saw a handful of episodes but from what I could gather each episode had a very fresh, non-formulaic storyline. Plus, there have been other instances where shows have been cancelled then revived later.
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

dont forget to send your signature to the petition thats the reason for this topic.

Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

watsonsword

we need a show of force EVERYONE should get those posters and POST them EVERYWHERE im going to start putting them on the windows of the places i go everyday, the bus i ride on, light posts, telephone poles everywhere 1 is enough if everyone does it!

spread the word, and the posters as well! ill go and ill post more than everyone else put together!

we can have a contest! who put up the most?

Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

I signed as well.
up to 112 signatures at this point.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I signed it, number 113!!!! I still think that it is pretty cool that we have the same name, even though my middle initial isn't C.!!!
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

I LOVE LILO AND STITCH!!! Coming back here is the first I hear about thow being canclled. I mean I knew about Leroy and Stitch but I didnt think the show would end so soon. And honestly I am not happy with this at all. Why on Earth would Disney end a show that has been so successful. thas LAME!!! :x You can bet I'll be signing this petition!
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever