Power Rangers Seasons

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Power Rangers Seasons

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

ok so Power Rangers is now technically owned by Disney so do you think that Disney will ever release entire seasons of Power Rangers. I haven't heard any word but I am kinda outta the loop so yeah.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

I'd rather Disney produce season sets of Digimon first (though they needn't bother with the fourth season).

In a related thought, why on Earth did Disney even want these properties in the first place? They should've left them with somebody who may bother releasing them someday. Given Disney's track record with TV season sets, it isn't terribly likely we'll see either of these any time soon.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Though a season-by-season release seems really unlikely for Power Rangers, I wouldn't mind getting:

Power Rangers In Space: The Complete Series
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy: The Complete Series

The series really hit its stride with those two seasons. Too bad every season now seems to be the only one before they create a whole new incarnation. Would've loved to see the further adventures of Andros, Cassie, TJ, Carlos, Ashley, and Zhane. And of course Karone, who joined Lost Galaxy later on.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Whatever Escapay,

Power Rangers is so lame now Disney has to come up with a new version every year to make profit from kids.

This series has to end already. :)
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Whatever Escapay,
Geez, Pals, why single me out? All I said what I liked In Space and Lost Galaxy. Did I ever say I still watch the series? For me the series ended with In Space, as every following series was pretty much self-contained and didn't really connect to the others (aside from Wild Force's "Forever Red" episode).

Or did you simply want to raise your post count? :roll:

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

The only part of Power Rangers I ever really liked was the original series, particularly the Green and White Ranger arcs. It's probably just nostalgia, though; I haven't seen an episode in about 10 years.
PR Fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PR Fan »

I'm not the only PR fan on this board. Well i doubt were ever going to get Official Season DVD sets of MMPR Seasons 1, 2, 3, PR Zeo, PR Turbo, PRIS, PRLG, PRLR, PRTF, PRWF, PRNS, PRDT, PRSPD, and PRMF (the current season) you can buy the Ultimate Rangers DVD it was released under Buena Vista which contains White Light part 1,2 Countdown to Destruction part 1 and 2(one of the Landmark episodes in the history aka the Space Finale), To The Tenth Power(The Second Teamup from LG, first was in Zeo)Trakeena's Revenge part 1 and 2(PRLR's Teamup featuring the Return of the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy) and Wild Force's Forever Red the 10th anniversary and when Disney took the show from Saban hence The Fox Kids going away plus Unfinished Business first premiering on ABC Kids.

As for you Escapay if you really loved the Original Season MMPR season 1 or 2 i would suggest Watching Dino Thunder (Tommy returned thanks to Doug Sloan)if you haven't already and especially the Episode Fighting Spirit but that's a whole different subject matter.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

PR Fan wrote:As for you Escapay if you really loved the Original Season MMPR season 1 or 2 i would suggest Watching Dino Thunder (Tommy returned thanks to Doug Sloan)if you haven't already and especially the Episode Fighting Spirit but that's a whole different subject matter.
Well, it was TM2-Megatron that loved the original series; I liked In Space and Lost Galaxy. I despised Tommy, so I doubt I'd enjoy Dino Thunder, lol!

I might pick up Ultimate Rangers if the price is right. Sounds like there are some noteworthy episodes (especially the In Space Finale, which I haven't seen in years!!!)

ETA:

Woohoo, I checked YouTube, some guy has some Power Ranger eppys online! These aren't all of them, just the good ones (so basically anything from original series through Lost Galaxy):

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Day of the Dumpster - My how far they've come from *this*

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Green With Evil - Hey Megatron, you might like this one!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Wild West Rangers - Odd, is all I can say.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Wedding - Greatest evil couple of all, Rita and Zedd!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Ninja Quest

Power Rangers Zeo: Rangers of Two Worlds - The Alien Rangers, woohoo!

Power Rangers Zeo: A Golden Homecoming

Power Rangers In Space: From Out of Nowhere

Power Rangers in Space: Always A Chance - Adam returns to help out!

Power Rangers in Space: Dark Specter's Revenge

Power Rangers In Space: Countdown to Destruction

Power Rangers Lost Galaxy: The Power of Pink

Power Rangers Wild Force: Forever Red

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
PR Fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PR Fan »

You can find all if not most of the episodes on IRC. As for The Ultimate Rangers DVD i bought it when it was first out mainly since i was a big PR fan and still am. The only episodes you probably wouldn't like on it would be White Light but it was still one of the landmarks as far as C2D it is probably by most fans still considered the Greatest Episode in PR's History.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Escapay wrote:Woohoo, I checked YouTube, some guy has some Power Ranger eppys online! These aren't all of them, just the good ones (so basically anything from original series through Lost Galaxy):
Yeah, YouTube is pretty useful. I've been watching the first 2 seasons of Digimon all over again on there. Whenever the show airs up here, they're always playing the god-awful fourth season; and we haven't got any of the newly dubbed movies here yet, either :x Curse Disney, with their poor distribution and penchant for completely ignoring the non-Disney dubbed (read: good) seasons.
Last edited by TM2-Megatron on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spottedfeather »

I don't know how much to believe this, as I couldn't find anything anywhere else about it, but according to ranger-retrocenter.com, the MMPR seasons 1 & 2 are going to come out this summer. Like I said, I tried looking for something to substantiate this rumor but couldn't find anything. I suppose it's worth trying to look up, though. I sure hope that it's not a rumor and that the first two season are coming out. They're my favourites, along with In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder.
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
psifreek27
Gold Classic Collection

Post by psifreek27 »

While i would love for this to happen, disney is just way too naive/dumb...apparently they believe a series with about 13 season's worth of stories wouldnt sell in a season set or even multi disc volume...

but a show like "Dinosaurs" who to many people whom even hear about it now just say "oh yeah that show with the dinosaurs and the funny baby..." or "that show is a simpsons clone" will sell...

They seriously need some new Reasearch and Development.
"I love school...to bad classes get in the way"-zack morris...the master of scams
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

If Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Season Sets came out i would probably get them, Mighty Morphin' and Zeo would be the only series I'd be interested in though, I stopped watching it after Zeo.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Spottedfeather wrote:but according to ranger-retrocenter.com, the MMPR seasons 1 & 2 are going to come out this summer. Like I said, I tried looking for something to substantiate this rumor but couldn't find anything
Odd, I checked Amazon as well, typing in every version of Power Rangers I could think of (MMPR, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Power Rangers...). And I didn't see any listing at all for a Season One or Season Two.

BTW, for those who don't want to visit retrocenter, here's the article:

Finally, the news all PR fans have been waiting for! According to amazon.com, the first two complete season DVD boxsets of PR will be released later in the year. "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Complete Season One" and "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete Season Two" will be released August 15th 2006, as part of the shows' anniversary celebrations. The price is expected to be $45.99 per boxset.

Buena Vista press material claim that there will be a blanket media blitz, consisting of print and TV advertisments to begin on July 7th. Bandai also confirm that as part of the celebration, certain toys will be released under special anniversary lines. It has not yet been confirmed what these toys are, but an announcement is expected at the end of June.

Also, PR Fan, what's IRC? Is it a site or something?

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Super Leviathan

Post by Super Leviathan »

It should be noted that the news article Spotted Feather is referring to was posted on the first of April, which drastically reduces the articles' credibility.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Super Leviathan wrote:It should be noted that the news article Spotted Feather is referring to was posted on the first of April, which drastically reduces the articles' credibility.
Aw damn, then it was an April Fools joke most likely.

Heh...11 days after April Fools Day and I finally got fooled...

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Escapay sorry for being so rude.

I would probably buy the first couple of season until PR in Space.

Maybe Power Rangers Dino Thunder and maybe PR SPD

But I think Disney might release Darkwing Duck and The Tick in August or September.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

When I was little I absolutely adored the original (and still the best ;)) Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers! Yes it was cheesy, but I would buy it in a heartbeat! I had absolutely every Power Ranger toy available! The rangers, The zords, even a huge command centre playset, with alpha 5 action figure and Zordon in a weird tube that you could make move by wiggling a button on the side! :D

ah, those were the days!
PR Fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PR Fan »

Mirc it's a program that you can use to download episodes for the recent releases it's torrent at most channels, I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 Disney Channel it's also a way to get classic shows that would never get on DVD. It's pretty hard to use for a beginner.
mikemgmve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by mikemgmve »

I loved the original show, despite the fact I was probably a couple years older than its target demographic. If the original series comes out, I will probably pick those up.