Disney Precious Moments Figures

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

They're all adorable, but can someone tell me why Ariel's skin is darker than Jasmine's? :? (I guess it has something to do with the lighting.)
"I don't get high on drugs; I get high on Disney."
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

Miss Jo wrote:They're all adorable, but can someone tell me why Ariel's skin is darker than Jasmine's? :? (I guess it has something to do with the lighting.)
It is the lighting, the Jasmine figure is actually darker in person.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Prudence wrote:How can you not like this Ariel, Ariel'sprince? I know someone who has one, and it's absolutely, well, precious. The figurines aren't supposed to look much like the actual characters, you know. These are tributes to said characters from the Precious Moments company, and I think they're all simply adorable.
Becouse i think it's ugly,i much loved Jasmine,Alice and Cinderella more.
They look like the character,why not Aurora and Ariel? they should have made Ariel a mermaid.
And i noticed Jasmine's skin too and it's werid but she still had the best one.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

they're only homeages; its a scenery that ressembles whatever character they are supposed to be paying honor to.
i actually like Ariel's the most, followed by Alice; and i'm not even into these.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

just look at those tear-like eyes, almost al black (if they aren't the ones who might have a possesed doll it really resembles the dilatated pupile of a junkie)
This is the only Bambi item I would never ever EVER in my whoe life I would ever consider to get
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

They're "oochy- cute". I don't like the way these adolescent Disney figures are made into toddlers. Their eyes remind me of "Saray Keys'"" drawings which were popular when I was a kid. Pobably I would have liked them as kid, but now I do not want to have them.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:they're only homeages; its a scenery that ressembles whatever character they are supposed to be paying honor to.
i actually like Ariel's the most, followed by Alice; and i'm not even into these.
Well,i don't liked her,Jasmine was my favorite.
They could at least make her look like Ariel (like Jasmine,Belle and Cinderella).
Aurora with the little girl is much better then this Aurora.
mcduck
Limited Issue

Post by mcduck »

As far as I know they suppose to represent a actual girl dress up like a princess... any way I got one for my sister for $45 at disney.com the week before Christmas, this is the first time that precious moments took my attention for their figurines, they are actually well done.
For your reference and records my native language is Spanish.
FOREVER FIESTY
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Well,if it is,the Ariel one is sucks anyway.
Which one did you bought her?.
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

mcduck wrote:As far as I know they suppose to represent a actual girl dress up like a princess...
I agree with mcduck. These aren't supposed to be the actual doll (there is already those at Walmart. Here are two examples:

)

~~~~~~~~~

These dolls (The ones that are posted on the first page) are from Precious Moments. And if you look at them you will notice that all fo them really have the same face and eyes, etc.

Editted on January 7, 2008 at 6:54pm
Last edited by wrestling_stat on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
Anne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anne »

They are so cute!

I wish I could get Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Belle, Bambi and Alice. Ok...that's way too much! lol

I think I will buy Snow White soon. She's my favorite in this collection.

And I never thought about it before but I could get the Bambi one to my mom. She's Bambi's number one fan and she loves Precious Moments figurines... that would be the perfect gift! ;)
mcduck
Limited Issue

Post by mcduck »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Well,if it is,the Ariel one is sucks anyway.
LOL... I guess is kind of difficult to please all the Disney fans out there... My Sister collects Snow Whites, and I know is going to be difficult for her living in Mexico to get one of this, been a a Christmas present as well a Birthday, I going to score high with one shot. I think Snow White is one of the best any way, even when I do not really care that much for this PM thingis, they are quite unique and different from their usual, attracts the attention.
For your reference and records my native language is Spanish.
FOREVER FIESTY
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

mcduck wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:Well,if it is,the Ariel one is sucks anyway.
LOL... I guess is kind of difficult to please all the Disney fans out there... My Sister collects Snow Whites, and I know is going to be difficult for her living in Mexico to get one of this, been a a Christmas present as well a Birthday, I going to score high with one shot. I think Snow White is one of the best any way, even when I do not really care that much for this PM thingis, they are quite unique and different from their usual, attracts the attention.
If those dolls are from the same company,then they should at least make Ariel in the pink dress (they're franchising her in that dress),i also don't understand why Aurora wasn't good.
Snow White is really cute :D i whould have bought her,too.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Those are cute.

If I were to buy one (even though I seriously doubt that I would), it would be the Alice one because I'm probably just happy she finally get's new merchandise. :P
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Awww, I especially like the Jasmine and the Pooh ones. Cute as hell.

Now if only we could get them to do this with Jessica Rabbit... that'd be awkward.
- John
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

Ahh! Figures so cute... they hurt my eyes!

Oh boy. My mom is so gonna want these--she's been collecting PM figs for 20 years.
Dottie wrote:Does anybody know how much these dolls are and what they're made of? Painted China?
PreciousMoments.com lists them at a retail price of $65. But depending on the figure, the prices for PM figs in general (not just Disney ones) can range between $30-70. And if there are some which are particularly in high demand, have been discontinued, or are more detailed, larger figures, the prices are over $100.

They're made of painted porcelain.

They're selling online for between $45-65, depending on the figure. This appears to be one of the most complete galleries of the line available:

http://www.great-quotes.com/PreciousMom ... tion0.html
wrestling_stat wrote:These aren't supposed to be the actual doll (there is already those at Walmart. Here are two examples:

These dolls are from Precious Moments. And if you look at them you will notice that all fo them really have the same face and eyes, etc.
These are not Precious Moments designs. They do not have the trademark teardrop eyes and rounded faces.

I don't know who the manufacturer is for these two items since Walmart.com doesn't list that detail, but they are definitely not from the Precious Moments people:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7079585
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7079562

They're probably outsourced from Disney to some company in China or some such overseas company that specializes in porcelain figures.

PeterPanfan wrote:If I were to buy one (even though I seriously doubt that I would), it would be the Alice one because I'm probably just happy she finally get's new merchandise. :P
Have you not seen the whole line of Alice apparel, accessories and a few other products (like the latte mug) at the Disney Store? They've been in stock since the end of summer at least. There was even an child's Alice costume and accessories available for Halloween.

And I'll have to double-check the new inventory for spring that will be stocked within the next few weeks, but I believe there's an Alice canvas poster too.
BelleGirl wrote:I don't like the way these adolescent Disney figures are made into toddlers.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if Disney Store marketing follow through with their proposed product line, there's lots more Disney Princess toddler-themed dolls and product coming in 2008.
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Voiceroy wrote:
wrestling_stat wrote:These aren't supposed to be the actual doll (there is already those at Walmart. Here are two examples:

These dolls are from Precious Moments. And if you look at them you will notice that all fo them really have the same face and eyes, etc.
These are not Precious Moments designs. They do not have the trademark teardrop eyes and rounded faces.

I don't know who the manufacturer is for these two items since Walmart.com doesn't list that detail, but they are definitely not from the Precious Moments people:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7079585
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7079562

They're probably outsourced from Disney to some company in China or some such overseas company that specializes in porcelain figures.
I wasn't saying that the two dolls that I posted from Walmart were from Precious Moments. I was making the point that the Precious Moments figures (that are posted on the first page) are not supposed to look excatly like the characters (we already have them from Walmart). Does that make sense?
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

wrestling_stat wrote:I wasn't saying that the two dolls that I posted from Walmart were from Precious Moments.
I understood your point, but you posted pics of two items that were not made by Precious Moments, and then you said:
wrestling_stat wrote:These dolls are from Precious Moments.
So what was I supposed to think?
Someday...
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Someday... »

aurora was my favorite :lol:
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Voiceroy wrote:
wrestling_stat wrote:I wasn't saying that the two dolls that I posted from Walmart were from Precious Moments.
I understood your point, but you posted pics of two items that were not made by Precious Moments, and then you said:
wrestling_stat wrote:These dolls are from Precious Moments.
So what was I supposed to think?

I understand completely. When you first replied I looked over my response and I could see where I didn't make myself clear...

BUT IF you look back at the original message...

wrestling_stat wrote:
mcduck wrote:As far as I know they suppose to represent a actual girl dress up like a princess...
I agree with mcduck. These aren't supposed to be the actual doll (there is already those at Walmart. Here are two examples:

)

...you will see where I start off by saying that these doll (Precious Moments) are not supposed to look like the actual characters. Then I said that we already had something like that from Walmart and in () I showed the dolls. Then I continued my thought after words saying that these are Precious Moments dolls (going back to the topic of the this thread) and pointing out how they are similar. So if you really look at the message you will notice it does make sense...