WALL E - SE DVD Preview (Menu Caps Added)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

magicalwands wrote:WALL-E Prices
1-Disc DVD / 3-Disc DVD / 2-Disc Blu / 3-Disc Blu / Freebie
BB: TBA
CC: 14.99 / 27.99 / 26.99 / 29.99
Target: 15.99 / 29.99 / 25.99 / 29.99 / Code to Enter Online for Free Tree Seedling

3-disc for $30?! Rip-off. :x
BB: 14.99 / 29.99 / 26.99 / 29.99 / free Wall-E Puzzle Cube with any Wall-E movie or game.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Something that I thought of yesterday:

If many people purchase the 1-disc version instead of the 2-disc/3-disc (I'm calling it this because it really is a 2-disc version with an extra disc for digital copy) due to the cost, then Disney might think, "Oh, people really do only want 1-disc versions of movies!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:"
:roll:

Just a thought. :(
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I think most people buy the 1 disc version anyway. At least that's what I've noticed with people I know (family/friends).

I just think its horrible that the 3 disc (really 2 disc) edition of Wall-E is basically twice the price of the single. I hope this doesn't become normal for 2 disc/3 disc sets.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Pre-order WALL-E at Toys R Us and get a WALL-E water bottle. It is a bottle very much alike the one in the picture below. Except, it is a light blue and has written "Disney-Pixar WALL-E" on it in white, that's it.

http://pss.gov.bc.ca/dcv/images/act_now ... le_one.jpg

I've been wanting to get a real water bottle lately (rather than reuse plastic ones) and I might just get this offer from Toys R Us because there seems to be no other signs of WALL-E water bottles. Technically the water bottle is $5 and the movie will be $15, so it isn't too bad! And then I will be ordering a Blu-Ray from Amazon.
Last edited by magicalwands on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

magicalwands wrote:Pre-order WALL-E at Toys R Us and get a WALL-E water bottle. It is a bottle very much alike the one in the picture below. Except, it is a light blue and has written "Disney-Pixar WALL-E" on it in white, that's it.

http://pss.gov.bc.ca/dcv/images/act_now ... le_one.jpg
I wonder if the water bottle has Bisphenol A? :shock: :wink:
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I am sorry, but paying $30 for a dvd with terrible packaging is just insane. I might just have to settle with the single disc edition.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Something that I thought of yesterday:

If many people purchase the 1-disc version instead of the 2-disc/3-disc (I'm calling it this because it really is a 2-disc version with an extra disc for digital copy) due to the cost, then Disney might think, "Oh, people really do only want 1-disc versions of movies!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:"
:roll:

Just a thought. :(
Disney probably cares more about pushing the Blu-Ray format these days, which is probably one of the reasons they're offering WALL-E in 2 and 3 disc editions for the Blu-Ray instead of 1 and 3. Not forcing people to buy a useless digital copy is probably supposed to be some sort of incentive to go with Blu-Ray. That way, you can also get all the bonus features without the stupid packaging.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I don't get the qualms with the packaging. As long as you take care of the discs you aren't going to scratch them. Most of my DVDs from regular packaging have small scratches on them, yet they play perfectly. A few micro scratches aren't gonna kill your DVDs. Keying them or them falling loose in the keepcase and rubbing against the holder and being deeply scratched will.

I personally love the unique packaging.
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

Have the Wal Mart prices come out yet? :?
-Joey
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

WALL-E water bottle can be seen here:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/ ... G_4986.jpg

I asked if I could buy Blu-Ray instead of the DVD and they were fine with it. :)
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

my chicken is infected wrote:Have the Wal Mart prices come out yet? :?
$16.86 - 1 Disc DVD
$22.86 - 3 Disc DVD
$24.86 - 2 or 3 Disc Bluray
$25.72 - 1 Disc DVD WALL•E + 1 Disc Prince Caspian Bundle
$37.72 - 3 Disc DVD WALL•E + 3 Disc Prince Caspian Bundle
$41.72 - 2 or 3 Disc Bluray WALL•E + 2 Disc Bluray Prince Caspian Bundle
$44.72 - 2 or 3 Disc Bluray WALL•E + 3 Disc Bluray Prince Caspian Bundle

Best Buy does price matching... So if you want the WALL•E cube and the lower price... just take the ad in and they'll price match you !
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Figured I'd add my own pictures to this thread... this is for the 2-disc Blu-Ray edition, which I managed to get in advance this afternoon. On the whole, the 2-disc Blu-Ray seems to be the set to buy if you:

a) dislike the unimaginative disc art of the DVD editions (although you'd think it was minor, I really disliked how little effort was apparently put into the disc art on the DVD sets);
b) don't like the "eco-friendly" (AKA annoying) packaging (even the 1-disc DVD set has the stuff, so the 2-disc Blu-Ray is the only one without it);
c) have no use for the digital copy;
d) all of the above

Front of Case:

Back of Case:

Much Nicer Disc Art:

Interior Art (behind discs):
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Hm, those are not bad prices at all for the bundle! I know what I'm asking for for Christmas! :)

What's that water bottle about?
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

2 Disc Bluray it is !

I'm so glad it's in a normal case and has the best cover...I know it's not a huge deal but that rusty square surrounding the title is annoying. The only thing I do have a complaint about is the blue border that is on all of the Bluray releases...Is the smaller blue case not enough to distinguish the difference ? Is it really necessary to add a blue border to the art work as well ? Anyway... I guess it could be worse ! And at least the spines don't have any annoying borders, like the Gold Collection and Limited Issue DVD's had (I HATED THOSE SPINES !!)

You said the 1 Disc DVD is in eco friendly packaging too ?Do you by any chance have any photos ?Or did I just misunderstand what you said ?

Thanks for posting the pics !!
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I think the packaging is fine! I'm usually not too picky, though...
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

ALL HAIL PLANT IN BOOT.

Thank you, TM2-Megatron! :) This has eased my pain of having to wait until next Tuesday.

I'm curious as to why they did not give Blu-Ray an eco packaging too? Probably because the case was too small to do a mini version of the DVD. I will be buying 2-disc Blu-Ray!
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

JDCB1986 wrote:You said the 1 Disc DVD is in eco friendly packaging too ?
Do you by any chance have any photos ?
Or did I just misunderstand what you said ?
I don't have any photos of the 1-discer, no. I took the pictures of the 2-disc once I got home; I only briefly examined the 1-disc when I had the chance. And yes, it does also have the eco-friendly packaging... and very easily squished, from the looks of it.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

TM2-Megatron wrote:
JDCB1986 wrote:You said the 1 Disc DVD is in eco friendly packaging too ?
Do you by any chance have any photos ?
Or did I just misunderstand what you said ?
I don't have any photos of the 1-discer, no. I took the pictures of the 2-disc once I got home; I only briefly examined the 1-disc when I had the chance. And yes, it does also have the eco-friendly packaging... and very easily squished, from the looks of it.
:(

I guess its time to break out some spare DVD cases and print some cover art.

The Blu-ray set looks nice, and I'm glad it actually has a real case.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Just wait to get the Wall*E 3 Disc Set for black friday...crossing fingers.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

as is tradition with disney goodwill attitude towards south east asia...we r once again deprived of one bonus features from each pixar dvds...this time its the wall-e's tour of the universe..can someone describe what that feature is all about? thanks
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?