Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition Discussion Oct. 5th!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ There's also a Hercules edition...
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

What's the best deal for getting the Diamond Edition during the first week on sale? I've heard mixed accounts of people being turned down because of the coupons at TRU (I've never had that problem with them). I've bought the Toy Story combo packs at Target, as well as the Ponyo one, so which store offers the best deal?

I know it's a bit early, but you never know. I've heard about the $5 deposit on BATB at TRU, but is there anything else?
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Here are some screen caps of Jordin Sparks - "Beauty and the Beast" Music Video:

I think she looks really pretty and I am sure she is gonna bring a new classic version to this song! I cannot wait. :D

I am to siked about this Blu-ray! :float:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ There's also a Hercules edition...
Yep, I have that version! I have also seen the version posted on the previous page in the library, though the cover for it is actually the same as the hardback edition, despite it being a paperback. :scratch:
fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

I have to admit that the music video is gonna be way better than snow whites cause the mv doesnt look that cheap as sw's mv
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

fatcake wrote:I have to admit that the music video is gonna be way better than snow whites cause the mv doesnt look that cheap as sw's mv
That and Jordin Sparks is an actual recording artist.

I actually don't mind Tiffany Thorton's voice, but it's nice that this isn't the normal Disney Channel star.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Matt wrote:Here are some screen caps of Jordin Sparks - "Beauty and the Beast" Music Video:

hmm... is she supposed to be the Beast? :P
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

She looks like Babette.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Wonderlicious wrote:Seriously, though. Can't Disney just not re-release their sequels? They've come close to completely ruining their reputation, so why bring them out again? :roll:
People still buy them though, so financially, they don't really hurt the company.

Frankly, television and even our beloved Pixar are more "responsible" for lack of interest in Disney's current animated films. Just compare the almost non-existent hype for PATF to the hype for Up or any Pixar film.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Matt wrote:Here are some screen caps of Jordin Sparks - "Beauty and the Beast" Music Video:

I think she looks really pretty and I am sure she is gonna bring a new classic version to this song! I cannot wait. :D

I am to siked about this Blu-ray! :float:
It's good that Disney got a real singer to sing a classic song.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:Frankly, television and even our beloved Pixar are more "responsible" for lack of interest in Disney's current animated films. Just compare the almost non-existent hype for PATF to the hype for Up or any Pixar film.
It's tough to make great films within Disney when the ones they distribute from Studio Ghibli and Pixar are so much better.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

magicalwands wrote:It's tough to make great films within Disney when the ones they distribute from Studio Ghibli and Pixar are so much better.
that sentence doesn't even make any sense...

Also, Cars and Earthsea, how do those compare against The Princess and the Frog? It's relative.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

PatrickvD wrote:
magicalwands wrote:It's tough to make great films within Disney when the ones they distribute from Studio Ghibli and Pixar are so much better.
that sentence doesn't even make any sense...

Also, Cars and Earthsea, how do those compare against The Princess and the Frog? It's relative.
There's no comparison. They're simply too different. Plus, PATF is not one of Disney's best, and i personally think Disney shouldn't of destroyed such a wonderful story and make a more fitting story for the black princess. Cars on the other hand was very good movie. Don't you agree? ;)
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

PatrickvD wrote:

hmm... is she supposed to be the Beast? :P
Why? Because she isn't a anirexic size 0 and she doesn't look like a walking stick and she doesn't do drugs?! Hmmmm!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Matt wrote:
PatrickvD wrote: hmm... is she supposed to be the Beast? :P
Why? Because she isn't a anirexic size 0 and she doesn't look like a walking stick and she doesn't do drugs?! Hmmmm!

Ummm... I'm pretty sure he was referring to the hideous (furry? feather?) dress.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

SWillie! wrote:
Matt wrote: Why? Because she isn't a anirexic size 0 and she doesn't look like a walking stick and she doesn't do drugs?! Hmmmm!

Ummm... I'm pretty sure he was referring to the hideous (furry? feather?) dress.
If she was a size 0 he wouldn't be saying that. Yes it is ugly lol, but it stands out more because she is thick.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Yeah, that dress is just butt-ugly.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Yeah, that dress is just butt-ugly.
Jordin Sparks is beautiful though IMO! Sure she is thick but that doesn't make her look ugly!

BUT who in the heck dressed her?!?! :lol:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Matt wrote:If she was a size 0 he wouldn't be saying that. Yes it is ugly lol, but it stands out more because she is thick.
Mmm, no, I'm pretty sure someone would still call it an ugly dress then. A bad dress is a bad dress, be it size zero or size sixteen.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Charlie91xo

Post by Charlie91xo »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already (I did read through the last few pages) but on the HMV website, it is listed as "Beauty & The Beast: Double Play: 2 Blu Ray & Dvd". So according to that website, there will be two blu-ray discs and one DVD disc. Not sure if that is true or not though.