Is Pixar only releasing MP3 soundtracks from now on?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Is Pixar only releasing MP3 soundtracks from now on?

Post by milojthatch »

So, I am interested in getting my hands on the "Toy Story 3" soundtrack. But, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Well, when looking on Amazon.com, I found ONLY the MP3 version of it. And, upon further searching, found that "Up" was only available vie MP3 as well.

Has the MP3 only option officially started? Is there anywhere where a person can get Pixar albums via CD? Odd enough, both "Princess and the Frog" and the up coming "Tangled" are on CD proper. What's going on?!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

You are correct. It seems like Disney is phasing out score soundtracks, but they're still printing discs for musicals, be they Disney Channel or Walt Disney Pictures productions.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Interesting. But are the Pixar albums available internationally at all? I'm not really happy by this move, yet not surprised.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
AKA

Post by AKA »

Are they at least available somewhere in lossless?
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Well, you can buy this which has the two songs from Toy Story 3 as well as 4 songs from the previous two movies.

Too bad CDs are getting harder to come buy, but it makes sense in this economy as many people aren't really interested in scores.
Phil Johnson

Post by Phil Johnson »

It does make sense... I just wish we had a choice other than MP3. The sound quality is just so bad as soon as you hear it on some decent speakers. That's one of the cool things about Band Camp. You get your choice of formats.

Though I guess Pixar isn't using Band Camp. :)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I hear Germany still has CD's for Pixar films. I saw a soundtrack for both "Up" and "Toy Story 3" on the German Amazon.com. This really ticks me off though, but I'm not surprised. Sign of the times, and modern Disney.

-Walt Disney
Will Barks
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Will Barks »

I couldn't find any Up or Toy Story 3 Soundtrack CDs on amazon.de. Though there are CDs for both movies but be careful! These are audio dramas.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Will Barks wrote:I couldn't find any Up or Toy Story 3 Soundtrack CDs on amazon.de. Though there are CDs for both movies but be careful! These are audio dramas.
Audio Drams?! Lame, thanks for the heads up. My sources it seemed were flawed this time.

So are there ANY CD soundtracks for these films ANYWHERE in the World?

-Walt Disney