Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray/DVD out Nov. 2, 2010 Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Nice.

Now, I'm debating whether to get it or not. It would certainly beat the Combo Pack's cover, but ever dare I break uniformity in my collection?
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

ajmrowland wrote:Nice.

Now, I'm debating whether to get it or not. It would certainly beat the Combo Pack's cover, but ever dare I break uniformity in my collection?
You still get the normal combo pack cover/case in addition to the ironpack case.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^True, but it woould likely be *in* the ironpack when I put it away.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

One month to go, guys. I can't wait!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MouseHouse55 »

This just showed up on Best Buy's site:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toy+Story+3 ... 955&st=toy story 3&lp=6&cp=1

Not sure in what form it will come as a gift-with-purchase; free or an additional fee.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Picked up my Ironpack today, and I'm 2 for 2 on damaged Ironpacks now.

Got home with my Beauty and the Beast one last month and it had a small dent that I couldn't see because of the cardboard/wrap, and the same thing happened today with Toy Story 3 (tiny dent and small scratches where the cardboard is on the case).

Both times I've seen a ton of damaged cases at the store, and thought I had a good one until I opened it. Very disappointed, and this will probably be my last Disney Ironpack. The quality control and/or Best Buy's shipping methods are terrible for these from what I've seen. I've been getting to the store at opening so I highly doubt its customer damage... From what I've read on some forums I'm not the only one that has seen this, so I think its pretty common. Wish Disney had went with Steelbooks for these releases. :(

Hopefully some UD members have had better luck with these. I'll probably end up taking this one back.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

UK box set cover art:

I really like the cover art for the blu-ray collection.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

DarthPrime wrote:
Want2beBelle wrote: Thanks for posting it's so cute! It's already sold out!!! :x I hope they have them next week
Don't worry Beauty and the Beast was listed as "sold out" before its release too. They will eventually offer it online.

Although I would probably pick it up in store instead of ordering it. I know there were some problems with the Beauty and the Beast case (scratches, dents, etc...).
sorry for posting late just saw this, yeah i figured afterwards that it was impossible for it to be sold out already being that it hadn't been released yet. I went to the store also, I had a gut instinct to pick it up and i am glad i did, some had scrathces and stuff and i would've hate to get one of those. Thanks for your help :)
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

DarthPrime wrote:Picked up my Ironpack today, and I'm 2 for 2 on damaged Ironpacks now.

Got home with my Beauty and the Beast one last month and it had a small dent that I couldn't see because of the cardboard/wrap, and the same thing happened today with Toy Story 3 (tiny dent and small scratches where the cardboard is on the case).

Both times I've seen a ton of damaged cases at the store, and thought I had a good one until I opened it. Very disappointed, and this will probably be my last Disney Ironpack. The quality control and/or Best Buy's shipping methods are terrible for these from what I've seen. I've been getting to the store at opening so I highly doubt its customer damage... From what I've read on some forums I'm not the only one that has seen this, so I think its pretty common. Wish Disney had went with Steelbooks for these releases. :(

Hopefully some UD members have had better luck with these. I'll probably end up taking this one back.
sorry that happened to you, i hope u got a new one, you just have to get lucky with those it's hard to find one that is perfect, i looked at least 5 beofre picking mine i know i have issues lol
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Want2beBelle wrote:
DarthPrime wrote:Picked up my Ironpack today, and I'm 2 for 2 on damaged Ironpacks now.

sorry that happened to you, i hope u got a new one, you just have to get lucky with those it's hard to find one that is perfect, i looked at least 5 beofre picking mine i know i have issues lol
I returned mine, but didn't pick up another one. The ones left were in similar condition to the one I returned. I'm debating now if I should order one from their website, or try a different store. I really think my store got a "bad batch", or they were damaged while being stocked.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

DarthPrime wrote:
Want2beBelle wrote: sorry that happened to you, i hope u got a new one, you just have to get lucky with those it's hard to find one that is perfect, i looked at least 5 beofre picking mine i know i have issues lol
I returned mine, but didn't pick up another one. The ones left were in similar condition to the one I returned. I'm debating now if I should order one from their website, or try a different store. I really think my store got a "bad batch", or they were damaged while being stocked.
i think it must've been the way they ship it i guess since it's free they don't care, I think u should order one i love mine and it's worth a try GL!
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I picked up my ironpack today. I had a hard time finding it and found one lone copy in the DVD section. Surprisingly it was in pristine condition. It's actually in better condition than the Beauty and the Beast one and for that one I spent a lot of time rooting through them.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Well, we finally got a press release which can be read here.

While some great features, seeing that we got a feature on the Hong Kong playland, why no feature of Toy Story Mania? Or even Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters? Also disappointing(but expected) to see no feature on the Buzz Lightyear show or even a couple episodes as its doubtful Disney will ever release it.

I would've rather had those features then ones explaining what the Pixar staff eat for breakfast. :roll:
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Really! I doubt it takes 5 minutes to explain, "Pixar has every single kind of cereal in the world."

Here's to hoping for a dvd release of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

magicalwands wrote:Here's to hoping for a dvd release of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command!
The show or the movie? I think the former is out of the question based on Disney's aversion to catalog TV DVDs. As for the movie, while it'd make sense to put a 16:9-enhanced or, probably more accurately, unmatted 1.33:1 version out there, I get the feeling that Pixar is embarrassed to have their names on that. Not that they really had anything to do with it besides the opening (for which they couldn't even get John Ratzenberger to reprise his part?!), but it just seems to clash with the quality-striving they've been all about in recent years. I also suspect that Pixar has enough clout to put the kibosh on a re-release, should Disney Home Entertainment have any plans. Anyway, the movie is in-print and price reduced, so I doubt we'll see a new edition of it anytime soon.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Justin wrote:While some great features, seeing that we got a feature on the Hong Kong playland, why no feature of Toy Story Mania? Or even Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters?
I think because neither were upcoming attractions during the times that Disney released the Toy Story films on home media (not counting re-packaged box sets: 2000, 2001, 2005, 2010), whilst Toy Story Land is as it'll open in 2011, and Toy Story 3 comes out in late 2010. So it gets the privilege of a "sneak peek" featurette on the new release, I'm assuming similar to the 11-minute Harry Potter Land preview on Half-Blood Prince.

It's like that commercial with the new student who gets color markers from the teacher while the rest of the students still have plain old black ones. "She's new, that makes her special!" :P
Justin wrote:I would've rather had those features then ones explaining what the Pixar staff eat for breakfast. :roll:
But I simply must know what kind of cold cereal Lee Unkrich has in the morning! Is he a Wheaties kind of guy or does he still have a bowlful of Lucky Charms?

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

magicalwands wrote:Really! I doubt it takes 5 minutes to explain, "Pixar has every single kind of cereal in the world."
Your not getting these instead of anything. their just fun little stories they put together real quick.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Escapay wrote: But I simply must know what kind of cold cereal Lee Unkrich has in the morning! Is he a Wheaties kind of guy or does he still have a bowlful of Lucky Charms?
Oh, come on! Everyone knows those artistic types feast on Lucky Charms every morning. :p
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I get people's complaints, but it adds to the uniqueness of Pixar-something they've always done since the beginning of DVD-being casual. While sometimes it plays nicely with information(commentaries), and other times it sucks(intros to multi-angle comparisons), this fits among the "it has nothing to do with the movie, but we feel like putting it out there anyway" crowd-like the studio stories and the zoetrope.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

So Lucky Charms are Pixar's lucky charms. Go figure.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"