Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray/DVD out Nov. 2, 2010 Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

That Ultimate Toy Box set looks tempting.........until you see it's just all the combo packs put together with digital copies.

The packaging almost had me.:roll:
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Luke wrote: As for the movie, while it'd make sense to put a 16:9-enhanced or, probably more accurately, unmatted 1.33:1 version out there, I get the feeling that Pixar is embarrassed to have their names on that.
But it was a pilot to one of the most kick-ass television shows Disney's ever put their name on! :) The best of the tv show is something to be more proud of then half of the Pixar films that's for sure(I'd even rank the best episodes above TS2). Granted some of the episodes I need to refresh my memory on, I have very fond memories of that show and would like to see it released in some way.
Escapay wrote: I think because neither were upcoming attractions during the times that Disney released the Toy Story films on home media (not counting re-packaged box sets: 2000, 2001, 2005, 2010), whilst Toy Story Land is as it'll open in 2011, and Toy Story 3 comes out in late 2010. So it gets the privilege of a "sneak peek" featurette on the new release, I'm assuming similar to the 11-minute Harry Potter Land preview on Half-Blood Prince.
Ah, okay. I assumed it already opened(apparently it opened in Disneyland Paris). Still, the ride opened just two years ago, when Toy Story 3 was still in production. So a feature on that would still be relevant. And lets not forget the Haunted Mansion Holiday feature was on the Nightmare DVD.

And if Disney is really looking at this from a promotional angle, it'd make far more sense to promote their American parks to the American public with the new(ish) ride, as even if it were the coolest playground ever, it'd be inconvenient for anyone to go to Hong Kong except for those already planning on going.

Escapay wrote: But I simply must know what kind of cold cereal Lee Unkrich has in the morning! Is he a Wheaties kind of guy or does he still have a bowlful of Lucky Charms?
Well, then, I guess its official we'll be getting these bonus features for the Cars 2 DVD
“Restroom Facilities” – The majestic and expansive collection of Pixar's toliets and urinals are explored.
“Stool Gallery"– Collection of turd photos from the Cars 2 animators. Also turds of all your favorite Pixar employees and compare Lasseter's digestion to a (Brad) bird's digestion.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^That's a little bit harsh. At least, the turd photos bit. That's actually more like an attack.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Actually Luke, I have always seen the TV series in a positive light. Every episode is so entertaining and fun. The plots were average but were able to keep me watching. If I were Pixar, I would be more embarrassed with the Cars Shorts.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:Ah, okay. I assumed it already opened(apparently it opened in Disneyland Paris). Still, the ride opened just two years ago, when Toy Story 3 was still in production. So a feature on that would still be relevant. And lets not forget the Haunted Mansion Holiday feature was on the Nightmare DVD.
Yeah, plus, I hear they added new animation featuring TS3 characters to the toy story mania ride, so it does seem relevant enough to me.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

10 dollar coupon

Post by Lorddh »

Shouldn't they start putting up the 10 dollar coupon for TS3?

They always put it up a month in advance...
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Maybe they won't have one.... but that's ok. If there's ONE movie I wouldn't mind paying full price for it's Toy Story 3 ;)
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

rexcrk wrote:Maybe they won't have one.... but that's ok. If there's ONE movie I wouldn't mind paying full price for it's Toy Story 3 ;)
I wouldn't mind either, of course. But the coupon wouldn't be bad whatsoever, lol.
tightlacedboots
Limited Issue

Post by tightlacedboots »

ajmrowland wrote:That Ultimate Toy Box set looks tempting.........until you see it's just all the combo packs put together with digital copies.

The packaging almost had me.:roll:
You mean this thing, right?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

Also saw it on Wal-Mart's website
http://linksynergy.walmart.com/fs-bin/c ... =2&subid=0

Took me a while to find these matches since apparently the magic keyword for searches is "trilogy."

That's what I want. But not because of the packaging or the number of copies. I just like that it includes the 3 movies on blu ray. So far I can't see any promotions/discounts for it (maybe I missed something). The price is so-so, since I really only care about the blu ray formats. I guess it is good to have the DVDs as back up copies, though.
MrMan2k7

Re: 10 dollar coupon

Post by MrMan2k7 »

Lorddh wrote:Shouldn't they start putting up the 10 dollar coupon for TS3?

Actually, recently, they've been putting them up only a week in advance. Beauty and the Beast was an exception with the upgrade coupon, but the other coupon still appeared only within one week of release.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

MrMan2k7 wrote:
Lorddh wrote:Shouldn't they start putting up the 10 dollar coupon for TS3?

Actually, recently, they've been putting them up only a week in advance. Beauty and the Beast was an exception with the upgrade coupon, but the other coupon
still appeared only within one week of release.
Well Tinkerbell was also released a month in advance. But they'll probably end up doing it a week like you said, or maybe next week.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Lorddh wrote:
MrMan2k7 wrote: Actually, recently, they've been putting them up only a week in advance. Beauty and the Beast was an exception with the upgrade coupon, but the other coupon
still appeared only within one week of release.
Well Tinkerbell was also released a month in advance. But they'll probably end up doing it a week like you said, or maybe next week.
I think it has to do with popularity and supply and demand. Toy Story 3 is gonna be an incredibly high demanding DVD and people are gonna chomp at any deal they can. So I wouldnt be surprised if they post the coupon last minute and screw with people's buying plans for this film.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

MrMan2k7 wrote:
I think it has to do with popularity and supply and demand. Toy Story 3 is gonna be an incredibly high demanding DVD and people are gonna chomp at any deal they can. So I wouldnt be surprised if they post the coupon last minute and screw with people's buying plans for this film.
I can see that happening. and so far that's exactly what's going to happen.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Lorddh wrote:
MrMan2k7 wrote:
I can see that happening. and so far that's exactly what's going to happen.
Forgot to mention I should know this because DMR really screwed me over back when they the Toy Story promotions in March. They didnt release the coupons for both films on the same day (which was less than a week before they were released) and I panicked. If I had waited a day or two longer for both coupons to come out I wouldve gotten a great near free deal on all the movies I wanted but instead I ended up using a giftcard I couldve saved on something else.
tightlacedboots
Limited Issue

Post by tightlacedboots »

I wonder if there's any chance of a coupon for the trilogy. So far I don't even see the trilogy on any Disney links. Got it in my amazon shopping cart but I don't think the price will drop between now and Nov. 2.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

jeeze

Post by Lorddh »

The movie comes out on Nov 2nd and it's already Oct 21st. And no one has posted anything here since the 13th of Oct.

Am I the only excited about TS3???
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

tightlacedboots wrote:I wonder if there's any chance of a coupon for the trilogy. So far I don't even see the trilogy on any Disney links. Got it in my amazon shopping cart but I don't think the price will drop between now and Nov. 2.
According to someone from Blu-ray.com's forum it looks like the coupon is going to be for the combo pack only ($10).
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Re: jeeze

Post by rexcrk »

Lorddh wrote:The movie comes out on Nov 2nd and it's already Oct 21st. And no one has posted anything here since the 13th of Oct.

Am I the only excited about TS3???
I'm ecstatic! I actually posted something in the other Toy Story 3 thread about how excited I am for the Blu-ray >_> lol
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

This coupon better come out this weekend...it's the only time I will have access to a printer.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

toonaspie wrote:This coupon better come out this weekend...it's the only time I will have access to a printer.
This is the site I think the coupon will be on

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/pr ... upon_print

so keep an eye on that site or type in www.toystorycoupon.com which led me to that above...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx