The Search for Mickey Mouse!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Mickey Mouse Movie

Post by Loomis »

Disney Guru wrote:zzz:

I don't know the plot sounds really :down:

It sounds like a Mickey Mouse remake of Great Mouse Detective.[...]And it just sounds pure pathetic.
I would worry about it too much. I remember reading (on a great website that no longer exists, www.animated-movies.net) that the movie was delayed indefinitely due to the inability to get a decent plot together. As far as we know it is NOT coming out in the near future. I believe (purely from what I've read) that the main problem was working out how to get all the characters in without reverting to baffling cameos. )i.e. "Hey, look! It's Genie from Aladdin! What's that Genie? Oh yes, we better go and talk to Mulan now...").

The closure of all animation studios except one casts an even longer shadow over it. :(
Disney Guru wrote: I will not be wasting my money to go see it if it does come out.
Good for you :up: Good to see someone with convictions. Although I'm sure Disney will be looking over their receipts wondering where you were. Oh, well. Was it Roy Rogers who said "You can't please all the people all the time..."
Disney Guru wrote:I mean who wants to see it.
Well, ME for a start. I know it isn't all about ME (although it should be), but I think a movie where all the central characters meet and interact would be grand. Perhaps they could incorporate the House of Mouse formula into it (which would not only make sense, but would please 2099net no end). I've been looking forward to this project ever since I first heard about it.
Disney Guru wrote:I will for sure be seeing Mickeys Twice Upon A Christmas Instead of this anyday.
Haven't seen the first "Upon a Xmas" (although I have it on order), but I am looking forward to it, or at least curious about it, largely due to the 3D Mickey. But Search for Mickey would be great simply because it would see Mickey back on the big screen. I often wonder if Disney have forgotten that "it all began with a mouse...".
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

You know the comic geek in me just cannot resist a crossover. The only thing better than a crossover is a good crossover. But I'll take any crossover... even a bad one.

I think the film has some merit, but probably not as a theatrical release. I think a story should be able to work; after all Kingdom Hearts works okay and that's a game, they just need to set it in a Roger Rabbit ToonTown type location. I don't think stories are that important for films like this. House of Mouse is not known for it's stories, but there's lots of fun and witty in-jokes which is all it needs to entertain. Something like this would be ideal for a DTV release. I just hope if it is released as a DTV it has the time and budget to do detailed background animations etc.

And just think of all the Disney history that could be incorporated in the supplements. A release like this could educate the general public on Disney's rich animated feature film legacy.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

This movie to me seems awesome because it has all these Disney characters together!!! but...

It's going to be kind of weird with Minnie Mouse following Basil around when she's a mouse two, yet three feet taller than him.. :lol:

I looked at the imdb link and I'm glad they cast Kathyrn Beaumont as Alice! Even though she's older, she still can do the voice (she did a great job on the computer game Villian's Revenge).

:D Oh! Idea! Why not make a movie based on the game Villian's Revenge! It has a great plot! If you haven't played it, the game goes like this: 4 Disney villians got together and stole the endings of the Disney stories and went back in time somehow and changed the stories! For example, the queen from Snow White managed to poison Snow White and brought her to her castle and now she's poisoning the dwarfs and the prince is no where to be found. The Queen of hearts did indeed cut off Alice's head (which is a little weird) but both head and body still move and the player had to go through the maze to find each other. Captain Hook changed the story by making Peter Pan grow up! So then peter couldn't fight anymore and the player had to fight for him. The fourth "villian" was the ringleader from Dumbo, who just made Dumbo's life more difficult and all the clowns became evil ( :o ahhh!). Anyhow, the movie could have more villains, but then its Mickey and Donald and Goofy (oooh! crossover from Three Musketteers!!) teamed up with Jiminy Cricket who save them all! Now that would be a great movie!!!!

heh, sorry I got a little carried away, but still, I'd see Search for Mickey Mouse just to see all the characters together.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

My recollection

Post by Mr. Toad »

Is it was scheduled for 2007 and to be the 50th animated feature. But that was going under the assumption of two animated a year which will not happen now that the florida animation unit has been shut down

I believe a few good ghosts was supposed to be # 46 and now it is not being made. I remember seeing a site where all the way up to 50 was mapped out. It included Rupunzel and some others.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

I was going to say hasn't this been in development for years now?
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Prince Adam reload

Post by deathie mouse »

the merge of mickey mouse and a little lost post reloaded. It appears a few posts previous to this are misplaced in the time space continuom? Anyone that remembers posting missing posts please do so again ;)

Prince Adam
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:28 pm
PatrickvD wrote:Latest thing on Rapunzel was that they were not going for a satire anymore, but musical fairytale and that they dropped the "Unbraided" from the title. I hope that is true.
I hope so too! This is the Disney movie I'm looking forward to the most for two reasons: the possible return of the Disney musical, and (of course) the lovely Kristin Chenoweth.

Post by Key »

I do so very much hope that Rapunzel Unbraided will just be Rapunzel and no longer be a film that pokes fun at other fairytales.

If only they'd create it in 2-D like Glen Keane originally proposed... Now that would be excellent.
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Key wrote:I do so very much hope that Rapunzel Unbraided will just be Rapunzel and no longer be a film that pokes fun at other fairytales.

If only they'd create it in 2-D like Glen Keane originally proposed... Now that would be excellent.
Me too! I would really enjoy a nice musical fantasy again like TLM did after the animal movies, the epic/adventure Black Cauldron and modern Oliver and Company. Rapunzel would come after the animal film of Brother Bear, epic/adventure Atlantis and Treasure Planet, and somewhat modern Lilo and Stitch and Home on the Range.

Maybe if Glen Keane and a bunch of supporters fight hard enough, they could do Rapunzel in 2D. Though I remember reading about some new technology they were developing in which they would draw some things in 2D, scan them into the computer and animate on the computer or something like that.

Or hopefully they'll hold off with Rapunzel and begin production when traditional animation makes a comeback and computer animation loses its luster.

Adding because we are starting to stray off topic:

The Search for Mickey Mouse is an exciting proposition for the 50th feature, but it seems difficult to find a story without making it seem like a Kingdom Hearts ripoff. I think it would be better to make a Kingdom Hearts movie, but probably redesign Sora and friends to look less Anime.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Kram Nebuer wrote:It's going to be kind of weird with Minnie Mouse following Basil around when she's a mouse two, yet three feet taller than him.. :lol:
I was always thinking about that when I think of this movie; Mickey´s human size, while Basil is very tinny...so sad it isn´t going to be released after all
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
bluemoon86
Gold Classic Collection

The Search For Mickey Mouse(2012)

Post by bluemoon86 »

Sorry if some one has already posted about this but I found some information about a movie called "The Search For Mickey Mouse" at the Big Cartoon Database it seems really interesting its gonna be Disney's 50th animated feature and at least one character from every animated disney movie will make an apperance heres the link to the info
http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/cartoon.cgi?fi ... ey%20Mouse
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Lets hope, even though I'm a bit skeptical. And also thats one heck of a wait.
Dolce fare niente...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

This is an old rumor, and I'm not sure if any of it is substantiated. Anyhow, I've merged your thread with an existing three-page thread that has had discussion as recently as this month.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

PatrickVD wrote:Latest thing on Rapunzel was that they were not going for a satire anymore, but musical fairytale and that they dropped the "Unbraided" from the title. I hope that is true.
Way exciting! I certainly hope that's true. Maybe we'll even get it in traditional animation? Maybe production will delay until Eisner is ousted. When I saw "Into The Woods," I became further convinced that Rapunzel would be perfect for the next installment in Disney fairytale musicals.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JEANYLASER »

I can't wait to see this Movie The search for Mickey Mouse next year but who mouseknapped Mickey Mouse? 8)
JEANY SANCHEZ
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

:?
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I need articles!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:brick:
nachonaco
Special Edition