Disneykid wrote:Specs classified by the BBFC are out:

* Audio Commentary with Director Michael Apted

* Deleted Scenes
- "The Kids in Narnian Clothes" (0:28 )
- "Eustace is Ill" (0:37)
- "Mutiny" (2:12)
- "Caspian Doubt" (0:47)

* Evergreen with Bug (?) (9:05)
* Direct Effect - Michael Apted Director (6:21)
* In Character with Liam Neeson as Aslan (5:00)
* In Character with Georgie Henley and Will Poulter as Lucy Pevensie and * Eustace Scrubb (5:14)
* The Secret Islands: Untold Adventures of the Dawn Treader (6:57)
* VFX Progression with Optional Commentary (12:26)

* Location Pods
- The Lone Islands (0:35)
- Magician's Island (0:35)
- Goldwater Island (0:43)
- Dark Island (0:49)
- Ramandu's Island (0:51)
More have been passed...

* Character Pods
- Reepicheep (1:02)
- Aslan (0:54)
- Tavros (0:43)
- Dragon (0:47)
- Dufflepuds (0:53)
- Lilliandil (0:29)
- Great Sea Serpent (0:35)

* Good vs. Evil: Battle on the Sea (10:26)
* Portal to Narnia: A Painting Comes to Life (7:02)

* End Title Songs From Around the World
- Victoria S - "There's a Place for Us" (3:54)
- Sonohra - "There's a Place for Us" (3:51)
- Joe McElderry - "Someone Wake Me Up" (3:34)
- Sergey Lazarev - "Instantly (4:11)
- Stan Walker - "Stand Up" (3:41)
- Xander de Burisonje - "There's a Place for Us" (3:53)
- EMD - "There's a Place for Us" (3:49)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Just looking at the cover again. The only thing that I'm not too keen on is the Blu-Ray logo right in the middle.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm less keen on the Witch being there and Reepicheep's size. He's kind of tacked on all over the marketing.

And there's no Caspian.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

My nitpicks -
There was hardly any Aslan and White Witch in Dawn Treader and their plastered on the cover just to sell the movie.

Reepicheep is in a weird placement and he looks like he's going to fight Edmund.

Funny how they try to disguise the snow as sparkles so you're not quite sure what it is.

Other than that the colors are fantastic! I really love that they themed the cover like the Dawn Treader with the scales and purple theme.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Narniaweb has an image of the interior artwork, which appear to be a digipak with an included photo book/collection of postcards (hard to tell):

This should match my extended edition of the first film pretty nicely, which makes me feel better that I haven't upgraded that one to Blu-ray, yet.

We also have a release date: April 8th, three days after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 arrives on home video. With those two, A.I., and Universal's Peter Pan, the beginning of April is looking wonderfully expensive for me.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disneykid wrote:Narniaweb has an image of the interior artwork, which appear to be a digipak with an included photo book/collection of postcards (hard to tell):

This should match my extended edition of the first film pretty nicely, which makes me feel better that I haven't upgraded that one to Blu-ray, yet.

We also have a release date: April 8th, three days after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 arrives on home video. With those two, A.I., and Universal's Peter Pan, the beginning of April is looking wonderfully expensive for me.
thedigitalbits.com wrote:First up, Warner Home Video has finally announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 will arrive on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo pack and single-disc DVD on 4/15 (SRP $35.99 and $28.98). The single-disc DVD will include additional scenes. The Blu-ray Combo will add an interactive Maximum Movie Mode (hosted by Jason Isaacs who plays Lucius Malfoy), additional scenes, an exclusive sneak peek at a scene from Part 2 (due in theatres this summer), 4 documentary featurettes (Dan, Rupert and Emma's Running Competition, The Seven Harrys, On the Green with Rupert, Tom, Oliver and James and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - Behind the Soundtrack), The Wizarding World of Harry Potter promotional trailer, a standard-definition DVD copy and a Digital Copy
http://thedigitalbits.com/
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disneykid wrote:Narniaweb has an image of the interior artwork, which appear to be a digipak with an included photo book/collection of postcards (hard to tell):

:shock:

I hope this means the bonus features are great!
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader coming on Blu-ray and DVD

Post by Toky »

according to Narniaweb april 8th it will be available

and april the 27th a special trilogy box will be released

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Re: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader coming on Blu-ray and DVD

Post by Barbossa »

Toky wrote:and april the 27th a special trilogy box will be released

This is interesting. I didn't think they would package two Disney movies with a Fox movie. Here's hoping the other four books get made into movies as well.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Dawn Treader has now passed Prince Caspian's foreign total with $282.6 million (Caspian's was $278). It's still short of PC's worldwide totals ($386.2 in comparison to $419.6), but it's apparently a hit in Japan which guarantees it a $400 million worldwide total in the long run. This could very well be good enough for Fox. Why? Because Michael Flaherty, co-founder of Walden Media, has confirmed that Walden and Fox are undergoing negotiations for the next Narnia film.

Here's where it gets interesting. The choice for the next Narnia film apparently isn't Silver Chair; it's Magician's Nephew. The reason for this seems to be because out of the four remaining books, Magician's Nephew is the best-selling one, and it's surer bet from a marketing standpoint because of its close ties to Wardrobe.

While Silver Chair's my second favorite after Wardrobe, doing Magician's Nephew next oddly makes sense. Not only is it the most bankable one left, but this allows for Will Poulter to age more evenly as Eustace if they make it all the way to The Last Battle. If they follow the original book order as they've been doing, Poulter will age a bit for Silver Chair (about 2 years), then he'll be MIA during the two flashback films, and suddenly when we join up with him, five years or so will have gone by. If they sandwich the two flashback stories in the midst of the Eustace ones, each appearance by Poulter won't seem as jarring. Some fans are completely freaking out and think Poulter will be too old for SC, but the story can still work with teens (or early 20s playing teens) instead of preteens as in the book. See: Prince Caspian.

Also, Magician's Nephew is the simplest of the seven books. There are no battles or big elaborate set pieces, a fair chunk of it takes place in 19th century England, and a huge chunk of the Narnia/Charn/other worldly scenes deal with barren, deserted locales. In other words, this can easily be the cheapest Narnia film to make. That means that if it performs along the lines of VotDT (or even a bit less), it can be considered profitable. If that happens, we can be guaranteed Silver Chair. Now whether SC will prove popular enough to greenlight Horse and His Boy and Last Battle is a different affair.

Keep in mind Magician's Nephew is NOT officially greenlit, yet. There are still negotiations going on, and even if a decision's made, I'm not expecting Fox to say anything about it till next month to help push the DVD/BD release of Dawn Treader. As soon as we hear word from them on it, I'll start a thread solely for that installment.
Ripley Eveningstar

Post by Ripley Eveningstar »

Well, The Silver Chair is my favorite Narnia book personally, so while it's a little disappointing to know that won't be coming right away I'm still happy all the same that continuing the movie series isn't a total impossibility just yet--and I agree that the reasoning behind going with The Magician's Nephew next makes sense; it seems that at least with the people I'm around it's the most recognizable of the books after LWW. Here's hoping for news of a greenlight soon! :)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, that's good news. :D

I'm actually glad they'll be going with TMN next. I was worried that it and The Last Battle would be the last books on their list to make.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Here's hoping they don't kill it like the Dark is Rising series.
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Wha? Well, I don't mind. As long as the series is alive. :)

Though it'd be nice to have the Silver Chair, I can see why they would switch it.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

If this happens, I hope a prequel will give new life to the series. I liked Voyage but that's only because I love the books (and I bet a lot of people hated it for the same reason), but I understand it wasn't a very good movie. Not that making Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew guarantees any quality, but hopefully audiences will find it refreshing.

And if it does happen, I hope Walden finds a good director. Shrek nonsense won't cut it, and while Michael Apted has made some good movies, it didn't work; had he even made a fantasy film before? Walden needs to stop handing their projects to people that have never worked on certain things. I know hundreds of directors would have been honored to do Narnia (and I know they had a big budget the first two rounds).

Well, here's hoping.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's the listing on Amazon for the 2-Disc DVD, with cover art (different from the Blu-Ray):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz
Dream Huntress
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader coming on Blu-ray and DVD

Post by Dream Huntress »

Barbossa wrote:
Toky wrote:and april the 27th a special trilogy box will be released

This is interesting. I didn't think they would package two Disney movies with a Fox movie. Here's hoping the other four books get made into movies as well.
I've seen that on stores, I kept checking the package to see if there was a logo for Disney, FOX, anything, but nothing, I don't even recall seeing the Walden Media one, though is most likely that that's the one logo that is going to be on the box.

But how does it works, how are royalties splitted?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Reviews are coming in that the film has been open-matte'd to 1.78:1 rather than its 2.39:1 ratio. I'm not sure if some theatres showed it in 1.78:1 (like Avatar in IMAX), though that's what some are saying. I didn't see the movie in theatres.

Home Theater Forum

Blu-Ray.com

The film itself sounds disappointing, but I've got a soft spot for the Narnia movies, and so I'll likely blindbuy it anyway.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I saw the film in Digital 3D in theaters, and it was presented in 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The decision to release the DVD and Blu-ray in open matte 1.78:1 aspect ratio is rather curious, at least to me. Part of me is just relieved that it's not being cropped, and we are getting a fuller image, but the other part of me thinks the original OAR was the director's artistic intention, so it's disappointing we won't get that on home video. As for the film itself, I'm still on the fence about a purchase. On its own merits, it was a good fantasy film , but in my opinion, it was the weakest of the Narnia series. I'll probably wait until the price drops below $15 and pick up the Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Cheers,
JM :thumb: