Tangled DVD Steelbook: Mexico Exclusive!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Tangled DVD Steelbook: Mexico Exclusive!!!

Post by reyquila »

This the Mexico exclusive DVD (not Blu Ray) Tangled Steelbook!!! I want it, but no store in Mexico delivers to Puerto Rico!!! :angry:
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

^ ooo pretty.

but it says "includes blu-ray + DVD" :?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^look at the little white line between the artwork and the blue strip. I'm betting the strip is not a part of the steel.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

^I see that but that doesn't mean its unofficial.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Victurtle wrote:^I see that but that doesn't mean its unofficial.
Well, it's also shrink-wrapped so the discs could already be in there. :P
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I've seen this one unboxed on another forum. The Blu-ray + DVD thing isn't part of the Steelbook.

Its a really nice case, and has 1 Blu-ray and 1 DVD in it (same as the US 2 disc combo). The only thing I don't like about it is the case is DVD size instead of Blu-ray size.

Although I already own Tangled, I wouldn't mind getting this Steelbook either. If the price was "decent".
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

The price for Dumbo off a mexican website was about $23. Shipping was $18, but that's a flat rate for any number of items no matter the cost.

So, buy a couple other things from the same site(forgot the name) and the value goes up.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Who in Mexico going to be able to buy it? They're too busy jumping borders to steal jobs and fighting against bat-crazy drug cartels.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

God I hope they release a Steelbook like this that is blu-ray sized. How gorgeous.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

ajmrowland wrote:The price for Dumbo off a mexican website was about $23. Shipping was $18, but that's a flat rate for any number of items no matter the cost.

So, buy a couple other things from the same site(forgot the name) and the value goes up.
1. There is a Dumbo steelbook?

Yes, just saw it!

2. No chance you'd remember the website?

Mixup.com.mx

Any forum member living in Mexico?
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Super Aurora wrote:Who in Mexico going to be able to buy it? They're too busy jumping borders to steal jobs and fighting against bat-crazy drug cartels.
What a horrible thing to say, it's like saying "they're not releasing it in the US cause they're too busy using those drugs Mexico sells to them while they're making up wars to steal other countries oil", not nice huh?

but well, here you can see how it looks inside:

Super Aurora wrote:Any forum member living in Mexico?
Me. Unfortunately, Mixup or any other online store don't sell this steelbook edition, it is actually a kind of exclusive for a couple of stores: Blockbuster, Liverpool and I think Wallmart. I don't know if they ship outside Mexico though.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

PheR wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:Who in Mexico going to be able to buy it? They're too busy jumping borders to steal jobs and fighting against bat-crazy drug cartels.
What a horrible thing to say, it's like saying "they're not releasing it in the US cause they're too busy using those drugs Mexico sells to them while they're making up wars to steal other countries oil", not nice huh?
The difference here is that you could say that all you want, and no one would take it personally, because it's true. It's just a joke, no need to get offended. Stereotypes are there for a reason.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

SWillie! wrote:
PheR wrote: What a horrible thing to say, it's like saying "they're not releasing it in the US cause they're too busy using those drugs Mexico sells to them while they're making up wars to steal other countries oil", not nice huh?
The difference here is that you could say that all you want, and no one would take it personally, because it's true. It's just a joke, no need to get offended. Stereotypes are there for a reason.
Still, there's no need to bring that kind of comment into a Tangled DVD thread, it's totally out of place, Many people here in Mexico is buying it, no matter what.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

PheR wrote:

It was just a joke. I know mexicans will buy it an that joke doesn't account for every person.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Dream Huntress
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dream Huntress »

Well, I can take some time off from fighting bat-crazy drug cartels to get it, is there a specific store where you can find it? I've only seen the regular DVD+Blue Ray combo, not the steelbook.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Dream Huntress wrote:Well, I can take some time off from fighting bat-crazy drug cartels to get it, is there a specific store where you can find it? I've only seen the regular DVD+Blue Ray combo, not the steelbook.
Liverpool, Sams and Blockbuster! Since you are willing to do it, could you get the Dumbo steelbook? PM me to talk about the details! Thanks!
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

Super Aurora wrote:
PheR wrote: What a horrible thing to say, it's like saying "they're not releasing it in the US cause they're too busy using those drugs Mexico sells to them while they're making up wars to steal other countries oil", not nice huh?

It was just a joke. I know mexicans will buy it an that joke doesn't account for every person.
There's a difference bewteen joking and just being an ignorant moron... So you clearly need to learn how to joke.
Idiot.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

reyquila wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:The price for Dumbo off a mexican website was about $23. Shipping was $18, but that's a flat rate for any number of items no matter the cost.

1. There is a Dumbo steelbook?

Yes, just saw it!

2. No chance you'd remember the website?

Mixup.com.mx

Any forum member living in Mexico?
I think it was mixup. Thx, and I actually meant the Dumbo blu-ray in general. :D

And to add to an off-topic discussion, S A was making a joke. Even I recognized that and Im usually the first to fight against stereotyping when I think the other person is being serious.

I'm Canadian(by birth), and there are jokes made about Canada all the time! It's when people mistake the joke for fact is where I draw the line.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I'm not usually a sucker for steelbooks, but I really like the design of this one.

If anyone has an extra they'd like to sell, shoot me a PM, por favor. :)
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

ajmrowland wrote:
I'm Canadian(by birth), and there are jokes made about Canada all the time! It's when people mistake the joke for fact is where I draw the line.
Like I said, there's a difference between joking and being an IGNORANT MORON! There's no excuse.

Besides, this person didn't say joking... later on it tried to use the joking excuse to get out of the hole it got itself in.
lol