Winnie the Pooh DVD/Blu-ray (October 25)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

DarthPrime wrote:This is a blind buy for me...
Same here. It's the 51st DAC afterall. My library wouldn't be complete with out it. 8)
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

This will be a blind buy for me as well. Can't wait to see it though.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'll be jumping on the blind buy train as well. I was really mad at myself for not seeing in theaters, but I'm really excited to pick it up tomorrow! I'm also really excited to finally see The Ballad of Nessie too!!! :D
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

This has been my favourite BD purchase this year :D It's been in my BD player for 23 days so far :lol:
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

Anyone know how much it will be at TRU with the $5 coupon?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I opted for a blind buy as well and watched the film this afternoon. Wish I saw it in theaters, it was short, sweet, clever and nostalgic. Glad I picked it up.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

AliceinWonderland wrote:Anyone know how much it will be at TRU with the $5 coupon?
Their website shows $29.99 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo in DVD case. On Blu-ray.com someone said their store had it for $22.99, and they only stocked the DVD case version.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Watched this late last night, and it was fantastic. I've heard a lot of great things about the film from friends, and it actually beat my expectations.

The Blu-ray looked and sounded great as well.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I watched this last night after blind buying it. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was never one of my favorite DAC's, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this film. I had several LOL moments, and was genuinly touched by the characters. I am now a renewed Pooh Fan! :)
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

My copy shipped from Amazon yesterday, which is the first time I've had a pre-order with free shipping go out on release day. Usually it doesn't ship until Thursday. I should have it by tomorrow! :)
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
MichaeLeah
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MichaeLeah »

We were broke this summer, so we didn't watch this in the theatres, but someone gave me a gift the other day from Best Buy so I was able to exchange the gift for a copy of this film. I agree with everyone else here: this is a fantastic film.

I would like to say that the nursery in our house was already done in a Winnie the Pooh theme. In fact, my nursery when I was a baby was in Winnie the Pooh, so we repeated the same thing for our daughter. (It will be our son's nursery in a few months!) Not that anyway cares, but we tried to do our walls in that nice green color that is used when they show the trees in the 100 Acre Wood. There is way too much white in the nursery on the DVD--too modern. Ours in much more relaxing. Hannah (our daughter) seems to really enjoy the characters on the wall. Anyway, I wanted to say that--even though it probably makes me sound really old! Ha!
My avatar is from Tony's Town Square Restaurant. What else would we do over a plate of spaghetti with meatballs?
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

I missed this in theaters this summer so this was a blind buy for me as well. I'm really excited to watch it tonight. I've never owned or watched any Pooh movies, so this is my first Winnie the Pooh experience. I hope "The Many Adventures" gets released on blu-ray soon, I keep reading other people's comments on how awesome it is. I'm beginning to feel like I wont appreciate it as much since this is considered a sequel.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

My Winnie the Pooh Blu-ray/DVD/DC combo pack shipped today from Amazon and I should be getting it sometime next week. I'm very excited to watch it again because it's a great little movie and I'm pretty much in love with Zooey Deschanel.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I'll be buying the Blu-ray case packaging.
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney’s hand-drawn 'Winnie the Pooh' feature, which grossed $26.7 million in theaters , debuted at No. 3 on both First Alert and the Blu-ray Disc chart. On Home Media Magazine's weekly rental chart, 'Winnie the Pooh' debuted at No. 12.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... rts-256790
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snoops

Post by Snoops »

Something which has been bugging me is why the USA Blu-Ray and DVD releases for "Winnie the Pooh" appear to feature a rather cheap and nasty looking black, spindly typeface for the film's title, rather than the nice, rounded, colourful new logo that is featured not just on the film's posters, but also on the latest Pooh merchandising and other territories' Blu-Ray and DVD releases.

I'm still extremely peeved that the UK only got a DVD release for this film, but at least they managed to slap the proper logo on the front!

Does the "spindly typeface" logo actually appear on the USA Blu-Ray and DVD covers, or was it just a placeholder used on promotional images?

If the nicer, "official" logo was indeed not used, does anyone know the reason?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

The Blu release here in the US does have the black title. IMO I prefer it to the red title simply because they placed the red balloon right next to it. I think they red would be a little much.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

It has been announced that Winnie the Pooh (2011) will be released on DVD (1 disc) and Blu-ray Combo (2 disc) in Norway in February. So I guess that some of us Europeans will get this on Blu-ray anyway.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful