2011 UD Secret Santa - Post HERE When you SEND and RECEIVE

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I got a package and a card yesterday! I'm going to wait until Christmas to open it, though, Secret Santa. I can't wait! :D (well, actually I obviously can, but you know what I mean)
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Cool! You and I are opening and sharing our Secret Santa gifts on Christmas day!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Luke, I got your card today. Thank you very much for it.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Dear Secret Cindy Lou Who,

I sent out your gift via snail mail on December 5, but from the looks of things, it hasn't reached your doorstep since I've had no word here from you. At the same time, I also said to be on the lookout for something from Amazon. Well, I've finally gotten around to ordering that (bad Scaps!), so that should get to you sooner than my snailmail package, and it has tracking so I can ensure it gets sent! Overall, I hope you're excited for what you're getting, as I was excited in picking them out for you.

Your Secret Santa,
Albert
:santa:

Dear Secret Santa a.k.a. JiminyCrick91,

Really enjoyed my Muppets from Space Blu-Ray but still haven't had a chance to watch the "Letters to Santa" TV special. Maybe I'll whip up some mashed potatoes tonight and watch it.

Your Secret Cindy Lou Who,
Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Luke, I got your card today. Thank you very much for it.
I got a card from him today as well. Thank you, Luke, for the all the fun!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I also received a letter from Luke today :D I was very surprised, so thank you very much, Luke! :santa:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

magicalwands wrote:Today I slept in. Finals were done, Christmas is coming, just feeling really good. So, I didn't mind when I was woken up by the mailman at the door. Was extremely surprised to see a huge package from pinkrenata!

In a Tinkerbell card (I LOVE tinkerbell btw) she wrote how she visited New York so that's why there is a New York Disney Store Vinylmation! (It is the Statue of Liberty one which I think is the best IMO) and broadway books for Mary Poppins and The Lion King. How was New York and Mary Poppins Renata? I actually went to New York this past summer and I missed the Disney Store and seeing at least one broadway show. So thanks for these! And finally, she got me Pinky and the Brain Volume 3 which finishes my collection for me! Oh, and there was candy included in the package...delicious!

Thank you so much pinkrenata! I can tell so much love was put into this. Merry Christmas to you!
I'm so glad you got your gift! :tink:

In a bit of a twist, I received my package yesterday, which came from... <b>magicalwands</b>! I believe this is the second time I've had the same Secret Santa and Cindy Lou Who (correct me if I'm wrong), the last time being MickeyMouseBoy in 2005. (In other news -- this is my ninth year participating. Wow.)

Enough about me. Thank you, magicalwands, for the set of books, Disneyland maps, and note. Edward Eager's books are a huge favorite of mine. I'm excited to re-read them, and possibly share some with my class.

Thank you, thank you, and Happy Christmas! :santa:

And thank you, <b>Luke</b>, for the card. :pink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

So glad you got my gift, pinkrenata! :)

And, thank you Luke for your card! It always takes me a minute to guess who would send me a letter. :lol:
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

I got a card today too. Thanks Luke!
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Sky Syndrome wrote:Cool! You and I are opening and sharing our Secret Santa gifts on Christmas day!
Go us! 8)
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

A few day ago, I got my letter from Luke which was very greatly appreciated. Today, I got a letter from my Secret Santa, Mooky, that had Santa Claus on it, and it was very nice! Thanks to both Luke and Mooky for the cards! :)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Not a thing so far. Was there a mix up with my address? I have not even gotten my Christmas Card yet. :(

-Skyler
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

I got my present in the mail today, one Christmas card yesterday, and another card the day before.

Thanks Luke for the card!

And thanks PeterPanFan for the Alice in Wonderland Un-Anniversary DVD and The Little Black Book (starring Brittany Murphy) DVD! :D
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Semaj, I'm happy you received your gifts and (hopefully) liked them! I'm sorry you're just getting them now, but it's still before Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. :santa:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:Not a thing so far. Was there a mix up with my address? I have not even gotten my Christmas Card yet. :(

-Skyler
Just double-checked your sign-up to your Secret Santa's assignment and the address was as given. I have an e-mail into your SS to check. I guess since you don't have postal service there on Saturdays, you won't get your present until after Christmas and I'm very sorry about that. International mailings really take their precious time, but I allowed for that in my recommended mailing dates, so I'm not sure what happened here.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

It's ok, Luke, but I also won't be here from the 26th on to the 6th I think as my family are driving to Disney World so if it does come during that time and I don't say anything don't worry too much as I just am not here to open it yet.

-Skyler
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:It's ok, Luke, but I also won't be here from the 26th on to the 6th I think as my family are driving to Disney World so if it does come during that time and I don't say anything don't worry too much as I just am not here to open it yet.

-Skyler
Something to look forward to when you get back, I guess. And a way to extend the Christmas season. Sorry for the delay and thanks for being understanding. At least you will definitely be getting something!

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

zackisthewalrus wrote:A few day ago, I got my letter from Luke which was very greatly appreciated. Today, I got a letter from my Secret Santa, Mooky, that had Santa Claus on it, and it was very nice! Thanks to both Luke and Mooky for the cards! :)
You're welcome! I'm happy it got there sooner than I thought it would - just in time for Christmas :).
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

I'm eager to know what the rest of the gang received! Come on xmas is over stop keeping us waiting! hehe :)
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I'm so sorry for posting late. It's been kinda crazy over here. So, I opened my present on Christmas Day (best day of the year!), and received The Rocketeer on Blu-Ray from the wonderful MickeyMouseboy!! :D Thank you SO much, Gustavo. I'm excited to see it in all its high-def glory! I also appreciated a very sweet Rapunzel card (how did you know? :)). I hope you had the best of Christmases and have a happy New Year! :santa: