2011 UD Secret Santa - Post HERE When you SEND and RECEIVE

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Any notion that Christmas was over was put to rest today, when I received one slam dunk of a group gift from fourteen active and not so active forum members. This is not the first time that thoughtful members have put together their heads and resources to brighten my season. But nonetheless, with Christmas passed, the forum in a weakened state of disrepair, and economic unrest so widely experienced, I was both surprised and delighted to find the tradition continued. And as wonderful as past years' gestures have been, none could possibly mean as much as this one did, following the utterly draining experiences that many of you know caused me such anguish in 2011.

Coordinated and professionally wrapped, as always, by AwallaceUNC, this exciting bundle of joy treated me to all four seasons of "Mad Men" on Blu-ray, the final two seasons of "Boy Meets World" on DVD, a gift card to Red Lobster (a favorite I haven't been to in too long) and one of my favorite movies of this century, <i>Anchorman</i>, in a ridiculously awesome Rich Mahogany Edition Blu-ray. And to top it off, there was one of the coolest Christmas cards ever (a musical <i>Toy Story</i> one) and a really nifty 40th anniversary Walt Disney World exclusive mouse pad courtesy of Kram Nebuer. Thank you so very much to Aaron, Renata, Escapay, Kram, Disneykid, disneyboy, Disney Guru, JiminyCrick, Sky Syndrome, reyquila, magicalwands, Mooky, BrandonH, and T/P fan. You sure put together the antidote to my depressing year and reminded me of the community that makes everything else worth it. Your kind thoughts and generosity mean more to me than you can even imagine.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Yay! So glad you got it and were still surprised by it. I hope you enjoy everything! Merry Christmas, Luke, and thanks for being awesome!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Very glad to hear that you received your gift, Luke!

:santa:

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Merry Christmas, L-man! :tink: :santa:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

So I came home from work yesterday and found a nice package in my mailbox. Inside I found the complete first series (or season, if you prefer :)) of BBC's Merlin, a present from my Secret Santa - Escapay! Thank you so, so much for the gift, and especially for going against the grain - it was definitely unexpected and a really great surprise. I love it! Thank goodness the holidays are near so I'll have time to give it a watch (and maybe get hooked on it too!).

Once again, Albert, many thanks and a pink elephant for you!
:pink:

Luke, I'm really happy you liked your present! Merry Christmas!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Yay! I'm glad it reached you before New Year's! "Merlin" is one of my favorite shows of all time and I hope you have as much fun in Camelot as I do!

BTW, if the snailmail package ever gets to you, let me know on Facebook! I won't say what it is for now, but I'll give two hints:

1. You need it to solve a problem.

2. But in a way, it already solved your problem.

It's great to see that Secret Santa has been another success this year.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Linden wrote:I'm so sorry for posting late. It's been kinda crazy over here. So, I opened my present on Christmas Day (best day of the year!), and received The Rocketeer on Blu-Ray from the wonderful MickeyMouseboy!! :D Thank you SO much, Gustavo. I'm excited to see it in all its high-def glory! I also appreciated a very sweet Rapunzel card (how did you know? :)). I hope you had the best of Christmases and have a happy New Year! :santa:
Yay!!! I'm glad you liked it!!! hehehe :)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Escapay wrote:Yay! I'm glad it reached you before New Year's! "Merlin" is one of my favorite shows of all time and I hope you have as much fun in Camelot as I do!

BTW, if the snailmail package ever gets to you, let me know on Facebook! I won't say what it is for now, but I'll give two hints:

1. You need it to solve a problem.

2. But in a way, it already solved your problem.

It's great to see that Secret Santa has been another success this year.

Albert
Now you've gotten me all curious and stuff :). I'll definitely notify you if it ever arrives!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I'm back home and still no gift but thank you Luke for the lovely card.

-Skyler
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:I'm back home and still no gift but thank you Luke for the lovely card.

-Skyler
I'm really sorry about that. I've been told you will have it by the end of next week and hopefully it is worth the wait. Glad you got the card at least. Hope you had a magical time at WDW!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Well, Christmas is over. I will post my viewing list when I get back to my rez room tonight but my mother just called telling me that the day after she thought my gift was never going to get here. It came. Somehow or other it came just the same. :santa: reyquila sent the TaleSpin, Volume 1 & Darkwing Duck, Volume 2 DVD sets! Thanks so very much and happy new year to you!

-Skyler
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Yay! You got your gift at last! It may have come in January, but, hey, better late than never, man.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:Well, Christmas is over. I will post my viewing list when I get back to my rez room tonight but my mother just called telling me that the day after she thought my gift was never going to get here. It came. Somehow or other it came just the same. :santa: reyquila sent the TaleSpin, Volume 1 & Darkwing Duck, Volume 2 DVD sets! Thanks so very much and happy new year to you!

-Skyler
Glad to hear that! Sorry for the delay! There was an issue with the custom forms! I hope you like it!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Happy to see Secret Santa end successfully yet again this year. Thanks to all of you (and especially Luke) for always making this so much fun. It's become a treasured part of my Christmas celebration each year.
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod