Disney's Ultimate Collector's Edition DVDs Set

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Disney's Ultimate Collector's Edition DVDs Set

Post by Khonnor »

I just used the search option for this, but couldn't find any specific info on this set.

When exactly was it released? How many copies were made?
It's the first time I've heard about this set.

I found a new copy of this box for $200, but don't know if it's worth the price. Some of the titles I already own, and some will be re-released within the next few years.

Is it still a nice set to just own?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Looks to me like someone just put sets together and called it a set.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

If you post a photo of the which set you're talking about, I'm sure one of us could quickly tell you if it's a fake or not. :)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like it was an official release and not a bootleg.

http://www.disneyinfo.nl/dvddetail.php?film=1350
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Well, all of the interior sets were real releases. I know because I own a few of them and they match up. I've never seen that outer box before, but as long as everything inside is authentic does it really matter? I LOVE my collector's editions of Emperor's New Groove, Dinosaur, and Tarzan. They are extremely comprehensive and will most likely never be topped as far as special features go. Atlantis is another fantastic Collector's Edition btw.

I don't own the Fantasia set, but I've always heard how great it was. I would probably go for purchasing this set. :)
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

The only thing I find curious about this is that Atlantis is not included.. it also had a collectors edition release. I own it, Emperors, Dinosaurs and Tarzan. They are very nice releases. :)
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

That is indeed the set I'm talking about.

I also find it weird Atlantis is not included, since I believe the toy story and bugs life sets were released after that...?

The set seems legit though. The one I might buy has scuffed corners on the outer box, but everything is still sealed, official and unused, according to the seller.

Might just splurge on this one then. If I won't buy it I'll prolly regret it someday.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Is there a lot more material in the Collector's Edition of Dinosaur than there is on the blu-ray release?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

SWillie! wrote:Is there a lot more material in the Collector's Edition of Dinosaur than there is on the blu-ray release?
Yes.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:Is there a lot more material in the Collector's Edition of Dinosaur than there is on the blu-ray release?
The bonus features of the Collector's Edition DVD are discussed here: http://www.dvdizzy.com/dinosaur.html

I think I enjoy the easter egg of Gertie more than the actual film. :p
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Thanks. What do you think the chances are that Tarzan's supposed blu-ray release this year will transfer over the material from the collector's edition?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SWillie! wrote:Thanks. What do you think the chances are that Tarzan's supposed blu-ray release this year will transfer over the material from the collector's edition?
Roughly the same amount of chance as seeing Song of the South on Blu-ray.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

That was an official release, I remember it ten something years ago.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Thanks guys for all your replies.

The seller lowered the price, since some of the outer box' corners were a little scuffed. So I budged... :lol:

Yay...I finally own the Fantasia Anthology!

....and Dinosaur 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Khonnor wrote:That is indeed the set I'm talking about.

I also find it weird Atlantis is not included, since I believe the toy story and bugs life sets were released after that...?

The set seems legit though. The one I might buy has scuffed corners on the outer box, but everything is still sealed, official and unused, according to the seller.

Might just splurge on this one then. If I won't buy it I'll prolly regret it someday.
The Atlantis CE didn't come until January 2002 and the rest of these were out by 2001, when I vaguely remember this box set being offered.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president