Moana

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris wrote:
SWillie! wrote:Hahaha Sotiris. Why do you instigate.
:P

Although it is a strong possibility.
Again! HIIIIIIIYAAA!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w7N1BQV_qF8" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I don't think i'm going to listen to you anymore, you son of a window dresser! I'm going to create a campaign! :x
Last edited by TsWade2 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Really, what is with Disney thinking that CG is better than hand-drawn?! CG wouldn't even exist if it weren't for hand-drawn, let alone Disney! They INVENTED hand-drawn animation, said they were going to bring it back and they're giving the medium/us a big fat middle finger in the form of CG! :(
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Man,there is more drama on this thread than a soap opera. :lol:

But seriously we don't know why Disney makes these changes because we are not them.However,we should also take in the blessings that is coming our way.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

jazzflower92 wrote:Man,there is more drama on this thread than a soap opera. :lol:

But seriously we don't know why Disney makes these changes because we are not them.However,we should also take in the blessings that is coming our way.
Well, Sotiris is the one who started it!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

TsWade2 wrote:Well, Sotiris is the one who started it!
I was just stating the situation as it is now which may or may not change.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

DisneyJedi wrote:Really, what is with Disney thinking that CG is better than hand-drawn?! CG wouldn't even exist if it weren't for hand-drawn, let alone Disney! They INVENTED hand-drawn animation, said they were going to bring it back and they're giving the medium/us a big fat middle finger in the form of CG! :(
No they didn't.

This just show how much of a raging nostalgic Disney fanboy you are when you don't even know your facts right.

PatrickvD wrote:
Sotiris wrote: :P

Although it is a strong possibility.
You love pissing DJ off don't you? :P
Who doesn't?.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Super Aurora wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:Really, what is with Disney thinking that CG is better than hand-drawn?! CG wouldn't even exist if it weren't for hand-drawn, let alone Disney! They INVENTED hand-drawn animation, said they were going to bring it back and they're giving the medium/us a big fat middle finger in the form of CG! :(
No they didn't.

This just show how much of a raging nostalgic Disney fanboy you are when you don't even know your facts right.

PatrickvD wrote: You love pissing DJ off don't you? :P
Who doesn't?.
oh the love!!! :float:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Screw you, Aurora! You're just a troll like everyone else on this site and I'm pretty damn sick of it! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was YOUR fault that Disney stopped doing hand-drawn animated films. Everything going wrong at Disney is your fault! It's YOUR fault my grandmother died of breast cancer back in June because you're such a dick to me!

And by the way, if it even weren't for Disney, hand-drawn animation would not even have become what it is!
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Screw you, Aurora! You're just a troll like everyone else on this site and I'm pretty damn sick of it! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was YOUR fault that Disney stopped doing hand-drawn animated films. Everything going wrong at Disney is your fault! It's YOUR fault my grandmother died of breast cancer back in June because you're such a dick to me!

And by the way, if it even weren't for Disney, hand-drawn animation would not even have become what it is!
Hey,calm down there is no need to be nasty.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Screw you, Aurora! You're just a troll like everyone else on this site and I'm pretty damn sick of it! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was YOUR fault that Disney stopped doing hand-drawn animated films. Everything going wrong at Disney is your fault! It's YOUR fault my grandmother died of breast cancer back in June because you're such a dick to me!

Wow! :o
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

jazzflower92 wrote: Hey,calm down there is no need to be nasty.
I'm sorry. You don't realize how long Aurora has been a jerkwad to me, do you? Any chance he's gotten, he has found a way to piss me off and I'm finally telling him what I think of him in the form of words I've wanted to say but never had the courage to do so.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

DisneyJedi wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote: Hey,calm down there is no need to be nasty.
I'm sorry. You don't realize how long Aurora has been a jerkwad to me, do you? Any chance he's gotten, he has found a way to piss me off and I'm finally telling him what I think of him in the form of words I've wanted to say but never had the courage to do so.
You do know that what you said could possibly get you banned from the forums.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

^Oh, really. I didn't realize.... :float:

I. Don't.CARE!!! I'm fed up with Aurora and his accomplices always finding ways to get under my skin and I've pretty much had it him in general! If anyone should be banned, it should be him! All he does when he's around is troll me and piss me off to the point where I have to fly in a rage to get him to shut up!!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Super Aurora, you needn't pepper your corrections with personal insults. In the time it took you to write that putdown, you probably could have written a sentence mentioning some of animation's pioneers and encouraged him to research further.

DisneyJedi, your response is equally out of line. I can tell it was written out of frustration and understandably so, but it still constitutes a personal attack which violates the one main ground rule we have here.

There is just no reason for hostility to take over any thread, much less one about an upcoming movie. Please keep the discussion civil. It makes the forum so much more enjoyable for everyone who visits it. Thank you.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Super Aurora on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

DisneyJedi wrote:Honestly, I'd like to see them do a Disney-style crossover of The Wizard of Oz, casting Disney characters in the roles of the WoO characters. You know, kind of in the spirit of Mickey's Christmas Carol or The Prince and the Pauper.

Here, this is the cast of Disney characters I envision in the roles. Of course, some of them aren't my own ideas:

Alice (Alice in Wonderland) as Dorothy
Patch (101 Dalmatians), Bolt or any other Disney dog as Toto
Pinocchio as the Scarecrow
B.E.N. (Treasure Planet) as the Tin Woodsman
Louis the Alligator as the Cowardly Lion (Alligator)
Maleficent as the Wicked Witch of the West
Mama Odie as the Good Witch of the North
Mary Poppins or the Blue Fairy (Pinocchio) as Glinda the Good Witch of the South
Mickey Mouse as the Wizard of Oz

A little commentary on the cast and story:
- Alice seems right for the role of Dorothy because both wish to visit a world other than their own and get more than they wished for.
- I could have said Simba as the Lion, but Simba doesn't really scream 'cowardly'. If you watch The Princess and the Frog, you'd understand since Louis is a bit of a chicken.
- Just because the witch of the west is wicked doesn't mean she HAS to be ugly. Some might tend to disagree.
- Lastly, this would be more following the book (loosely if optional) than the 1939 movie. You know, kind of like how the West End/Broadway productions of Mary Poppins are more close to the books than the 1964 Disney film.
This would be cool. I'd want the Blue Fairy to play the GWofS and Jock from Lady and the Tramp to play Toto.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Mooky wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Her design did not translate as well in CG as with other, more caricatured characters. There are shots in the film where she looks weird and off-model. Perhaps it's because of her big eyes.
+1.

People complain all the time about Ariel and Belle being off-model, but I swear I saw at least three different Rapunzels in Tangled. Eyes are definitely a huge part of the problem, but also her entire head, because it seems disproportionate to the rest of her body.
...both of you know it's impossible for her to ever be off-model when they just keep moving the same model, right?

I think she looked great in CGI. But generally I think ALL of their eyes needed to be smaller and more realistic. Actually just in general everything could have been a bit more realistic but they strayed farther away from that than normal because they wanted to avoid Uncanny Valley but I think they went tooo far away.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Disney Duster wrote:...both of you know it's impossible for her to ever be off-model when they just keep moving the same model, right?
True, but that doesn't stop her from appearing to be off-model depending on the pose and especially the camera angles; the proportions indeed feel a little off at times.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

enigmawing wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:...both of you know it's impossible for her to ever be off-model when they just keep moving the same model, right?
True, but that doesn't stop her from appearing to be off-model depending on the pose and especially the camera angles; the proportions indeed feel a little off at times.
#animatorproblems
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sky Syndrome wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:Honestly, I'd like to see them do a Disney-style crossover of The Wizard of Oz, casting Disney characters in the roles of the WoO characters. You know, kind of in the spirit of Mickey's Christmas Carol or The Prince and the Pauper.

Here, this is the cast of Disney characters I envision in the roles. Of course, some of them aren't my own ideas:

Alice (Alice in Wonderland) as Dorothy
Patch (101 Dalmatians), Bolt or any other Disney dog as Toto
Pinocchio as the Scarecrow
B.E.N. (Treasure Planet) as the Tin Woodsman
Louis the Alligator as the Cowardly Lion (Alligator)
Maleficent as the Wicked Witch of the West
Mama Odie as the Good Witch of the North
Mary Poppins or the Blue Fairy (Pinocchio) as Glinda the Good Witch of the South
Mickey Mouse as the Wizard of Oz

A little commentary on the cast and story:
- Alice seems right for the role of Dorothy because both wish to visit a world other than their own and get more than they wished for.
- I could have said Simba as the Lion, but Simba doesn't really scream 'cowardly'. If you watch The Princess and the Frog, you'd understand since Louis is a bit of a chicken.
- Just because the witch of the west is wicked doesn't mean she HAS to be ugly. Some might tend to disagree.
- Lastly, this would be more following the book (loosely if optional) than the 1939 movie. You know, kind of like how the West End/Broadway productions of Mary Poppins are more close to the books than the 1964 Disney film.
This would be cool. I'd want the Blue Fairy to play the GWofS and Jock from Lady and the Tramp to play Toto.
Yeah, that would be so cute. Perfect casting. Jock would defientely be Toto.