Complete List of DAC Character Vinylmations:

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Re: Complete List of DAC Character Vinylmations:

Post by SWillie! »

What about Belle and Beast in their ballroom outfits?? Those are really the only two I'd be interested in.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

If I had to guess probably a two pack with an high edition size.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I love the Madame Mim one as well. I need to get her somehow. I think Maleficent looks hilarious with the Minnie Mouse bow/ears combo over her horns. But I do like her face. I want to start collecting the villains in this series. I really want Ratigan and Medusa, two of my all time favorites who get no love.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Jay wrote:I love the Madame Mim one as well. I need to get her somehow. I think Maleficent looks hilarious with the Minnie Mouse bow/ears combo over her horns. But I do like her face. I want to start collecting the villains in this series. I really want Ratigan and Medusa, two of my all time favorites who get no love.
I've been slowly collecting the Villains ever since starting this thread. Ratigan was my first, and is still my favorite. I also have gotten The Queen of Hearts, Madame Medusa, Gaston and Frollo, all from Villains 3. And I love them! Their designs really appeal to me and they look really neat lined up on a desk.
What about Belle and Beast in their ballroom outfits?? Those are really the only two I'd be interested in.
I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that a Princess Series was being released later this year? If that's so, I'd imagine the figure of Belle for that series will be in her yellow ballroom dress. SpaceAce probably knows more about it than me, though. :P
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

The Princess series is not on the Mickey mold. They will have their own molds. We got to see a silhouette of Ariel in mermaid form at Mickey's Circus last year. :)

http://www.destinationvinylmation.com/2 ... new-molds/
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:For some reason, I'm feeling the chaser may end up being the Wardrobe...

And I'm REALLY hoping they'll do an Aladdin series soon. :D
The Wardrobe makes sense. I at first thought it was going to be Chip until I realized he's featured Mrs. Potts' ear, so it's got to be either the Wardrobe or Babette the feather duster (unless they really want to throw a curveball and do Prince Adam).

And, yes, I would love an Aladdin series. There are only a handful of Disney films I would want to buy every character from, and Aladdin's one of them. The others are Alice in Wonderland (which I have every Vinylmation from except the hedgehog and Hatter variants), Winnie the Pooh (working on it), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (have Quasi but not Frollo, yet), Cinderella (I didn't like the anime-looking giftset, so I'm buying the more traditional-looking characters that are popping up in different series), and Beauty and the Beast (which I will attempt to get the entire series of).
SWillie! wrote:What about Belle and Beast in their ballroom outfits?? Those are really the only two I'd be interested in.
SpaceAce wrote:If I had to guess probably a two pack with an high edition size.
Yeah, I'm with SpaceAce. As soon as I saw there was no formal wear Belle and Beast, I figured it'd be a Limited Edition two-pack. I hope the edition size is reasonable as that thing will sell out in no time, and I don't want to miss it the way I did the Carl and Ellie set.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I still can't believe my order for Carl and Ellie didn't get canceled like my orders for the Goof Troop and Doug sets did.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Fantasia set # 8 is Hyacinth Hippo and Ben Ali Gator.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/04/3 ... -series-8/
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Added to the list.

I'm really surprised at the speed with which these things are announced. It's almost staggering.

EDIT:

Full preview of the Beauty and the Beast series: http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/04/3 ... the-beast/

Beast:

Belle:

Bimbette:

Cogsworth:

Gaston:

LeFou:

Lumiere:

Maurice:

Monsieur D'Arque:

Mrs. Potts:

Phillipe:

Seeing all of them (except the chaser), I have to say, Mrs. Potts is the stand out for me. And I'm surprised. Lumiere was the one I originally felt that way about, but seeing him fully, he looks like Boris Karloff's Frankenstein Monster. Gaston is...okay. But I MUCH prefer Villains 3 Gaston. So much more true to the character, I think. LeFou is GREAT. Definitely one of the best in the set. And Monsiuer D'Arque is cool.

One thing I love about the Beast is his cape being on the figure. I hope that they continue that trend with caped-characters. (Cough, Jafar, Cough.)
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Catalog has been released for the 13 Reflections of Evil event. DAC charcters are

Dragon Madam Mim(this is the mystery one that was shown with Mim)
Dr. Facilier with VooDoo makeup from the Friends On the Other Side segment. Comes with 3 Voodoo dolls Jr Vinylmation.

For those interested the other non DAC characters for the event are a Beagle Boys two pack and Popcorns Series Sulley Variant.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Thanks. Added.

I read your description of the new Facilier and I pictured this:

-And I got really excited. Popped on over to the Vinylmation Kingdom site and was a bit disappointed seeing the actual figure.

Eh. I like that they're doing less predictable designs, but... I just tend to like the ones that look like the character more, you know? But it is cool that they're even using Facilier at all. (Why HAS he seen so little merchandise? Not just Vinylmations, but in general.) This one is better than his Villains 2 design, but, still. It doesn't wow me.

Madame Mim, however, I love. Both designs.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I love Mrs. Potts the best of the BatB set as well. She is adorable. D'Arque looks nice as well very sinister. And I LOVE the Facilier one actually. It's the colors. I might have to start investing in these things...
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Three more from Beauty and the Beast series revealed.

Bimbette in Red Dress
Bimbette in Yellow Dress
Beast in Human Form

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/05/1 ... g-details/
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

I have a feeling Human Beast is a variant. I don't think they'd just reveal the chaser so non-nonchalantly. I still think the Wardrobe is going to be the chaser. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I do think it would have been cooler to have variants of Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth in their human forms rather than the boring designs of the Bimbettes, though.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

A series for The Little Mermaid has been announced. No pictures yet, but we do know it will include Ariel, Eric, Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/05/3 ... on-series/
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Man, if Disney keeps doing these series devoted to single films, I'm going to go broke. I passed on the Lion King and Fantasia series, but I've got all from Alice (except the two variants), and I plan on getting all of Beauty and the Beast and now Little Mermaid. If they continue to do these, I think I'll restrict myself to buying series for films in my top 10: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (which seems like a natural choice for them), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I'm not holding breath, so I'm hoping we get Esmeralda, Phoebus, and Clopin in future Animation series), Cinderella (I didn't like the anime-looking giftset at all), Aladdin (this seems natural what with the other big three of the Disney Renaissance getting their own series), Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, and The Emperor's New Groove (not holding my breath, so we better get Kuzco, Pacha, and Kronk in future Animation series).

I'm also really excited for the Marvel series as the possibilities are endless, especially in the variant department (Iron Man alone could have a dozen different variants if they so wished it).
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I try and just get the ones that relate to the characters or the Parks. There was a ton of stuff announced today, but the one I am most excited about is The Disney Afternoon - Series 2 DuckTales Fenton Crackshell/GizmoDuck Combo Set.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

MORE DISNEY AFTERNOON STUFF?
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Yep! A second series of two packs are coming with first being the DuckTales GizmoDuck set. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

SpaceAce wrote:Yep! A second series of two packs are coming with first being the DuckTales GizmoDuck set. :)
Can you give me a link to look at?