disney time show

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

disney time show

Post by WilbyDaniels »

last night I watched a dvd called "Disney time" It was intro duced by Walt, and then handed over to Haley Mills as the hostess. Haley gave us a tour of Disneyland with various movie clips. Now they showed Those Calloways, so it has to be around 1964 or after. I can't find info anywhere about this Christmas day special?i also have another one titled, Disney Music hosted by Maurice Chavieles(sp?) :?:
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Re: disney time show

Post by disneyfella »

These specials are from the UK. Every year at Christmas they would air an hour long compilation special hosted by a new guest (Tommy Steele, Maurice Chevalier, Hayley Mills, etc). They would usually host segments between clips and cartoons at the studio, around the park (often a sodium nitrate special effect park), or on a soundstage.

While these films have never been released, 16mm prints of them occasionally show up on the collector's market. Incidentally, the episode you were watching with Hayley Mills was filmed in color. At the D23 "50 and Fabulous" screening of "Summer Magic" this past year, DVD producer Les Perkins screened some bonus material produced for, but not released with, the "Summer Magic" DVD. This included things like the original TV introductions, a documentary retrospective with both Sherman brothers...and some clips from this program. The audience got to see these for the first time, and here's hoping if they release "Summer Magic" on blu ray they are finally added to the disc :)
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: disney time show

Post by Escapay »

disneyfella wrote:At the D23 "50 and Fabulous" screening of "Summer Magic" this past year, DVD producer Les Perkins screened some bonus material produced for, but not released with, the "Summer Magic" DVD. This included things like the original TV introductions, a documentary retrospective with both Sherman brothers...and some clips from this program. The audience got to see these for the first time, and here's hoping if they release "Summer Magic" on blu ray they are finally added to the disc :)
Whoa, so that explains why that was one of the titles listed on his web site as Special Edition, even though it was released as a barebones DVD. I think the Sherman Brothers piece was another interview from the "Music Magic" sessions, which aired during the "Sherman Brothers Week" on Vault Disney in 1999. The other two titles listed were In Search of the Castaways and That Darn Cat!, leading me to wonder if they intended to have a series of Hayley Mills Special Edition DVDs for release after Pollyanna and The Parent Trap. I wonder if any extras were created for The Moon-Spinners.

I would definitely love for these extras (as well as any other produced-but-unused from others) to appear on Disney Blu-Ray.

As for "Disney Time," I'd been aware of the show, but only via its "Doctor Who" connection. Jim Korkis wrote an excellent piece last year for Mouse Planet ("Who Disney Timey-Wimey"), which included when the Fourth Doctor hosted "Disney Time." It included a link to someone's home recording (very poor quality) of the "Disney Time" hosting segments.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk23lmdZc4Y[/youtube]

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?