Disney Channel planning Boy Meets World sequel series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Channel planning Boy Meets World sequel series

Post by disneyprincess11 »

HUGE NEWS!

Not only will the show premiere during the holidays, but also Rider Strong (Shawn) will return as a series regular! :dance: :dance: :dance:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ong-689434
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Post by moviefan12 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:HUGE NEWS!

Not only will the show premiere during the holidays, but also Rider Strong (Shawn) will return as a series regular! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Okay,,that is awesome and nice to see that Alan and Amy will also appear in the holiday episode. I'm so excited for this show to debut.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

disneyprincess11 wrote:HUGE NEWS!

Where are you getting that A, he'll be a regular? And B it'll premiere during the holidays? As far as I can tell this is just a guest appearance, and the holiday episode will air later in the season.

Still exciting none the less. :D

Now if only we could get Will on board...

By the way, some are speculating the boy on the far left is Josh.

Edit: Okay, here's who the boy is. Uriah Shelton
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2722682/
http://i5.minus.com/im19PZ5mz0iyA.jpg

Based on what I'm seeing on his twitter, I'm pretty sure we have our Josh.
https://twitter.com/uriahshelton
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Forget Rider, this is the first time I've seen William Russ since the original show ended! :o He never showed up in any reunion photos or participated in any of the bonus features; this is a huge deal.

But of course, how could I not be happy that Shawn's returning? This is going to be awesome.
- John
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Wow, very cool. I've never seen either of those before. Thanks, Kyle!

That's also the first time I've seen Lily Nicksay in a "modern" photo. Again, very cool.
- John
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

First official cast photo.

Edit: Here's a different crop of the same image that shows more.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... g?enlarged
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm scared about this... I hate to say it, but I'm expecting it to be bad, unfortunately.

I mean, let's be honest, Boy Meets World was pretty bad in those first seasons, too. It only got to be good when they were teenagers, so I'm surprised they'd want to start off with the cast so young with GMW. Although the guy looks in mid-high school age, which is a good sign, I guess?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Season 1 of boy wasn't bad if you ask me. I agree that it got better as it went on, but season 1 was fine. Its just that like a lot of shows it took a few seasons to really reach its potential. That's not because of the characters ages though, its just that the writers and actors have more experience with the characters by then and we're used to seeing them. You cant just skip the earlier years though, those are important for development.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I think it got much better though in Season 2. I laugh much more at Feeny in this one and I think that's also in part due to Jonathon Turner in it. Feeny and Turner play off each other so well.

I'm re-watching the series with my Girlfriend. Right now we're in season 2, but I hope to be done by the time Girl Meets World airs in the summer
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Seasons 3 and 4 are the best. The first is kind of hard to deal with, especially considering how dang bizarre Topanga was at first. I'll gladly accept the retcon with most of Cory's reactions to her being related to the act that they were just kids and they always were friends, though, in particular since their first kiss was a classic scene. Two is a step up definitely, but 3 and 4 is when Jacobs and crew got everything right and pulled off some of the best scripts ever made for a family show.

Five is hit or miss; Jack was an okay addition that took some getting used to (and what about Shawn's other brother that we saw in the Thanksgiving episode from a season or 2? He was never brought up again), and I was never hot on how we lost Mr. Turner and Mr. Eli out of nowhere. Not to mention how off the finale felt, which is nothing compared to the lame story arc when Cory kissed Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks, ending his relationship with Topanga. But there are some really good episodes, which make it worth staying for. Especially since 6 was a major step up, as Jack continued to add more to the show, as did Rachel and Angela almost instantly. The last is about as strong as you'd expect a final season for a show like this to be; slightly tiresome, slightly out of ideas, yet mostly watchable enough for fans. It really did end at the right time.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Kyle wrote:First Trailer
http://youtu.be/gBgh_oOqMl8
Doesn't reveal much but it's promising. I felt a little flashback to the original series. Very exciting!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

@Avaitor: I'm not as intimate with the show's beginning/ending of specific seasons, but I believe I agree with you for the most part. I thought Jack was a good addition and he and Eric soon became one of my favorite parts of the show, although of course their relationship is a replica of Cory and Shawn. I feel like Angela and Rachel never really became fully-developed characters, but I did like them at times. (I love the episode when Shawn and Angela have broken up, and Cory tries to prove to Angela that they're real friends and she wasn't just his friend's tag-along girlfriend, which was really sweet and realistic for me.)

I agree about Mr. Turner. I enjoyed that character and wondered why he just disappeared, but assumed the actor didn't want to continue with the show. I'm glad Mr. Feeny was on 'til the end. Even if they had to find questionable reasons of writing him into the story, I thought it was worth it. He, Shawn, and Topanga were my favorite characters. I'm also surprised they kept the parents on for the entire series, considering I didn't really care about them and they slowly became irrelevant.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

You do have to give the writers credit for knowingly winking to the audience who had issues with characters disappearing. When Morgan randomly shows up again after a long absence and with a new actress was nicely lampshaded as was a bit where Mincus randomly makes a brief cameo.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote: thought Jack was a good addition and he and Eric soon became one of my favorite parts of the show, although of course their relationship is a replica of Cory and Shawn.
I think that was kind of the idea. They wanted someone for Eric to play off of besides Cory and Feeny, so Jack went in that direction to suit the character. I do think that their friendship was a little different from Cory and Shawn's, since half the time, Jack seemed to take care of Eric like a big brother, while Jack eventually proved to be not so nice of a character later on. Somehow the balance mostly worked though.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm glad Mr. Feeny was on 'til the end. Even if they had to find questionable reasons of writing him into the story, I thought it was worth it.
Agreed. Without Feeny, the show would not have been the same. I'm very glad to see him come back for the pilot.
estefan wrote:You do have to give the writers credit for knowingly winking to the audience who had issues with characters disappearing. When Morgan randomly shows up again after a long absence and with a new actress was nicely lampshaded as was a bit where Mincus randomly makes a brief cameo.
Yeah, that was a good bit for Morgan, since it took a little while for them to find a suitable replacement to my knowledge. Of course, she never seemed to matter as much to the show after the original was replaced, but you could argue that she was never that important of a character to begin with.

The Minkus bit was... idk, I find it funny in execution, but the idea was kind of weird. Ah well, it makes me laugh anyway.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

This was rumored a while back but now we have confirmation from the most recent taping, Harley Keiner is back as the janitor.

http://bmwsequel.com/2014/04/11/fan-exp ... ve-taping/
Last edited by Kyle on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Full length trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYZhGgc63II&hd=1

The series will premiere June 27th at 9:45 , but for those who want to watch it early it will be available on the Watch Disney Channel app May 21st. We're less than 3 weeks away. :D

A free download of the preview episode will be made available on iTunes on Friday, June 13

It will then debut in its regular time slot on Friday, July 11 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, with cast members hosting the evening.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ate-700639