Mufasa: The Lion King (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Mufasa: The Lion King (Live-Action)

Post by UmbrellaFish »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

This looks pretty good, and I was on board until I saw Lin-Manuel Miranda was involved. He already ruined The Little Mermaid, does he have to ruin The Lion King too?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm kind of surprised that LMM is working on this, as unlike Little Mermaid, I don't think he's ever talked about Lion King. But I mean, he already worked on the Mermaid remake and I guess it was too late for him to work on Moana 2, so it's not like he has that many more worlds to conquer.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This looks about as bland as the previous one. Not feeling this.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Avaitor wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:40 am I'm kind of surprised that LMM is working on this, as unlike Little Mermaid, I don't think he's ever talked about Lion King. But I mean, he already worked on the Mermaid remake and I guess it was too late for him to work on Moana 2, so it's not like he has that many more worlds to conquer.
He can do a Winnie the Pooh story.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 pm
Avaitor wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:40 am I'm kind of surprised that LMM is working on this, as unlike Little Mermaid, I don't think he's ever talked about Lion King. But I mean, he already worked on the Mermaid remake and I guess it was too late for him to work on Moana 2, so it's not like he has that many more worlds to conquer.
Has he ever talked about Winnie the Pooh, either?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Avaitor wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:28 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 pm

Has he ever talked about Winnie the Pooh, either?
No, but I think he could pull it off.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

The Trailer has now almost 200k :down: dislikes :milkbuds: compared to 90k likes.

I didnt knew it comes out the same day as Sonic 3, I can see a new Barbenheimer situation with this, with the majority watching S3 to show their distaste to that Mufasa thing. Its gonna flop. I think it will make Wish numbers, 200-300M$, cause who on earth thought Simbas father would make a great lead? Its as if there is a LA prequel to Cinderellas parents, or Rapunzels, why????? :?
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:57 am Come on, dude. There wonโ€™t be any rap songs in this movie. There werenโ€™t any in the original Moana, there wasnโ€™t even one in Encanto. I doubt there will be one in this movie, too.

Also, that depends on if any song becomes a breakout hit from either movie.
uhmm actually๐Ÿค“โ˜๏ธ :mischief:
https://youtu.be/5c3ZrTXYY8Y?si=sheLZNexRmNDNtdE
https://youtu.be/79DijItQXMM?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/8j6n6HkT0ns?si=wYqa6WTfHvJjr0by
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 pm LMM can do a Winnie the Pooh story.
I would love to see Winnie and Piglet rap :-D
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Eh, I was never a big fan of the TLK remake, I think it's one of the most useless remakes Disney has done and I never really liked the animation style that much. However, I am curious to see what they'll do with this movie.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 am The Trailer has now almost 200k :down: dislikes :milkbuds: compared to 90k likes.

I didnt knew it comes out the same day as Sonic 3, I can see a new Barbenheimer situation with this, with the majority watching S3 to show their distaste to that Mufasa thing. Its gonna flop. I think it will make Wish numbers, 200-300M$, cause who on earth thought Simbas father would make a great lead? Its as if there is a LA prequel to Cinderellas parents, or Rapunzels, why????? :?
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:57 am Come on, dude. There wonโ€™t be any rap songs in this movie. There werenโ€™t any in the original Moana, there wasnโ€™t even one in Encanto. I doubt there will be one in this movie, too.

Also, that depends on if any song becomes a breakout hit from either movie.
uhmm actually๐Ÿค“โ˜๏ธ :mischief:
https://youtu.be/5c3ZrTXYY8Y?si=sheLZNexRmNDNtdE
https://youtu.be/79DijItQXMM?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/8j6n6HkT0ns?si=wYqa6WTfHvJjr0by
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 pm LMM can do a Winnie the Pooh story.
I would love to see Winnie and Piglet rap :-D
Actually, that would be more of Tiggerโ€™s thing.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I downvoted the trailer! It was dreadful!
Especially when I saw Blue Somebody and her Moms were involved as well as LMM.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

To be honest, the teaser was fine. The two things that felt out of place were the reflection on the raindrop and the locations with ice and snow. Mostly due to how lions usually never interacts with ice and snow. But yeah, like with most people here, I don`t see what Lin-Manuel Miranda has to do with this. It made sense that he was a part of The Little Mermaid, due to his obsession with it. But what has he got to do with The Lion King? It would`ve made much more sense to have the original songwriting crew or even Marc Mancina, as he was slightly a part of it.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

For some reason I was pretty neutral and thought about going to see it, but if they're going to go with some clichรฉ underdog kind of story rewriting the part aboit his father etc being a king too... and the music being a central part of Lion King for me but now we have LMM... I'm don't think I'll watch it

But I'll definitely check Hans Zimmer's soundtracks
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Screenshot_2-5-2024_82651_www.msn.com.jpeg
Screenshot_2-5-2024_82651_www.msn.com.jpeg (97.87 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Why couldn't Jenkins have directed the Snow White remake?
bulgaross

Post by bulgaross »

I hope he is referring to the original animated version. The CGI remake is utterly soulless and lifeless.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

What a strange response. Its like he's lumping the whole ip into one thing with the "for decades" line. Like, yea, all that stuff applies...to the original, and only the original.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

It definitely reads to me like he was speaking to The Lion King as a larger mythology while still keeping the animated film as its face, the thing we are here to discuss.

I spotlight his response here because it's a bit of a change of pace for the creative team of one of these remakes to build their platform on celebrating the animated film it's based on instead of tearing it down. Even "The Little Mermaid" was generally positive about the source material, but they couldn't resist throwing Ariel under the bus and kowtowing to the lines about Ariel changing herself for a man because that's what the memes say.

I've said before that I don't think the remakes are themselves a terrible idea. I don't think they are "soulless" as an institution, and a few of them have been genuinely good. I think they have historically disappointed because of creative decisions that are, on the whole, easy to identify and articulate. There's obviously a lot to that equation, but Jenkins certainly has the filmmaking prowess to pull it off. Blending that with genuine reverence for the animated film is he is building on is as good of a starting point as we could hope for.