Frozen (formerly The Snow Queen) - Part II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

^Oh look! It's Snow Mater!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

RyGuy wrote:^Oh look! It's Snow Mater!
:lol: My thoughts exactly. :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:
RyGuy wrote:^Oh look! It's Snow Mater!
:lol: My thoughts exactly. :wink:
I could literally hear Larry the Cable Guy making snow cone jokes in my head. That characters looks absolutely... terrible. :lol:
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I like his design...
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Old Fish Tale wrote:I like his design...
I'm undecided. I thought Ray's design (from The Princess and the Frog was really ugly when I first saw it, but I enjoyed his character. His goofy look fit his character, Jim Cumming's voicework, etc.

I'll give Olaf a chance. I just hope he isn't voiced by David Ogden Stiers.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

RyGuy wrote:
Old Fish Tale wrote:I like his design...
I'm undecided. I thought Ray's design (from The Princess and the Frog was really ugly when I first saw it, but I enjoyed his character. His goofy look fit his character, Jim Cumming's voicework, etc.

Hey,I loved the guy as Cogsworth.I mean there are other projects he has worked on but I defiantly remember him as Cogsworth and Cogsworth was funny. :lol:

In fact I hope he is voiced by Mr.Stiers although he might need an accent change for the character.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

jazzflower92 wrote:
RyGuy wrote: I'm undecided. I thought Ray's design (from The Princess and the Frog was really ugly when I first saw it, but I enjoyed his character. His goofy look fit his character, Jim Cumming's voicework, etc.

Hey,I loved the guy as Cogsworth.I mean there are other projects he has worked on but I defiantly remember him as Cogsworth and Cogsworth was funny. :lol:

In fact I hope he is voiced by Mr.Stiers although he might need an accent change for the character.
I liked him as Cogworth too. But then he was in Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, Spirited Away . . . It's kind of like John Goodman . . . in The Emperor's New Groove, Monster's Inc., The Princess and the Frog.

To be fair, though, this happened a lot in Disney's time too with actors like Verna Felton, Sterling Holloway, Eleanor Audley, etc.

I just like variety, I guess.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

RyGuy wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote: Hey,I loved the guy as Cogsworth.I mean there are other projects he has worked on but I defiantly remember him as Cogsworth and Cogsworth was funny. :lol:

I liked him as Cogworth too. But then he was in Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, Spirited Away . . . It's kind of like John Goodman . . . in The Emperor's New Groove, Monster's Inc., The Princess and the Frog.

To be fair, though, this happened a lot in Disney's time too with actors like Verna Felton, Sterling Holloway, Eleanor Audley, etc.

I just like variety, I guess.
:D He's a voice that will never go away from our minds and hearts.

Plus it must be kinda of empty doing Cogsoworth without Jerry Orbach doing Lumeire.I miss Mr.Orbach.Its always sad when your favorite childhood voice actor/actress dies.

Its times like this I also miss Tony Jay.Boy,he should have gotten an reward for his peformance as Frollo.

I think voice acting is underappreciated than live action acting.I mean the voice is at times also what the spirit of the character is.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU MADE MY DAY!

Olaf looks very cute! :D I can defientely see Jim Cummings as Olaf. I hope it's not some celebrity. I think I'll like Olaf. Remember how everyone hated Ray (from PatF) and ended up, loving him?

I love the character designs for Elsa and Anna. Anna's dress is BEAUTIFUL and Elsa reminds me of an anime character.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU MADE MY DAY!
No problem! :wink:
I love the character designs for Elsa and Anna. Anna's dress is BEAUTIFUL and Elsa reminds me of an anime character.
You can't really tell about the character designs from storyboards. Storyboards are usually done in a very rough, basic form. The goal of storyboarding is to present movement, pose, expression, and staging; not to have detailed, refined drawings with on-model characters because it's both unnecessary and a waste of time.
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Wow, Disney finally caved in & released 2 images for Frozen. On the story board image witch one is Anna? I assume it's the one with the longer hair. Now only if we can get that teaser trailer next month with Ralph or Brave's DVD! But anyway, we all have just began our journey following Disney's Frozen.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyEra wrote:Wow, Disney finally caved in & released 2 images for Frozen.
I think it was probably a mistake and they never intended to release them. They must have included them by accident when creating the gallery because the images weren't featured in any of their articles about the Destination D event.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Sotiris wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:Wow, Disney finally caved in & released 2 images for Frozen.
I think it was probably a mistake and they never intended to release them. They must have included them by accident when creating the gallery because the images weren't featured in any of their articles about the Destination D event.
True. People at the event said that NO CAMERAS where allowed & they had peolpe checking the ailes! Disney should have known in this modern internet 24hr media era, something was bound to leak! Didn't last May, you had to remove 2 images of Wreck-it Ralph you posted because some one affiliated with Disney told you to? Why are they being so damn secretive with Frozen? But after seeing Olf's design, I kinda have an idea :P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyEra wrote:People at the event said that NO CAMERAS where allowed & they had peolpe checking the ailes! Disney should have known in this modern internet 24hr media era, something was bound to leak!
But the thing is it didn't leak anything from the attendees.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Sotiris wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:People at the event said that NO CAMERAS where allowed & they had peolpe checking the ailes! Disney should have known in this modern internet 24hr media era, something was bound to leak!
But the thing is it didn't leak anything from the attendees.
We know pics were taken during the Frozen presentation, It seems Disney was more concered with the attendees taking pics instead of their own employers at the event taking pics. This is why Disney should have released a pic or 2 officially back in August. They showed lots of images to a paying crowd behind closed doors, did everything in their power to make sure they wouldn't take any pics, but eventually images from the event got out, regardless of who took them. We will see where Disney goes from here.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

Well, well, well... it finally happened.

Are we deceived ? Of course. A bit.

But, we all knew Olaf would be more ridiculous than... cute. And there it is. He's got something of... Tarzan's Tantor ! In the face... More than Flounder obviously.
About the girls on the storyboard, i don't know... Can we really trust those drawings ? Are they finished ? Actualized ?

I have a clue this is a scene at the beginning of the movie, at the crowning maybe, when Elsa unleashes her power in front of every one for the first time, so before she transformed herself into the real snow queen and left for exile... Anna wears a classical princess dress, she doesn't seem to be in winter travel clothes. So it can't be the finale face to face.

From what we can see, Anna's look is very classical, plait hair, childish face... She's OK.

But why the magnificent, elegant, regal snow queen has MUPPET SHOW - TRUMPET LIKE NOSE and TOMBOY SHORT HAIR ??? !!!!!!!!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Olaf'd better be an appealing and interesting character, because that design does nothing for me.

Rather, I can hardly imagine him inhabiting the same universe as Tangled-style characters. If he's gonna be so cartoony, then the other characters should be too.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't really dislike Olaf's design, but assuming the final character looks the same as in that concept art, then the rest of the film's cast would be better off looking like Hotel Transylvania characters than Tangled characters.

I would definitely not mind that, you know. I'm dying to see WDAS do some cartoony CG animation again. They haven't really tackled that since Chicken Little.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Edthehyena wrote:Well, well, well... it finally happened.

Are we deceived ? Of course. A bit.

But, we all knew Olaf would be more ridiculous than... cute. And there it is. He's got something of... Tarzan's Tantor ! In the face... More than Flounder obviously.
About the girls on the storyboard, i don't know... Can we really trust those drawings ? Are they finished ? Actualized ?

I have a clue this is a scene at the beginning of the movie, at the crowning maybe, when Elsa unleashes her power in front of every one for the first time, so before she transformed herself into the real snow queen and left for exile... Anna wears a classical princess dress, she doesn't seem to be in winter travel clothes. So it can't be the finale face to face.

From what we can see, Anna's look is very classical, plait hair, childish face... She's OK.

But why the magnificent, elegant, regal snow queen has MUPPET SHOW - TRUMPET LIKE NOSE and TOMBOY SHORT HAIR ??? !!!!!!!!
I don't think she is meant to be magnificent and regal in this version.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

On that page, someone wrote he saw the final character design and talks about the Elsa's long beautiful blue hair... http://livinganimationland.blogspot.fr/ ... n.html?m=1 So, it's either an old storyboard, or a storyboard that does not include the long sparkling hair special effects (i remember i saw once fast sketches of rapunzel with just a temporary short amount of hair) or in the plot, her hair is supposed to change color and length later on, with the spell...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Edthehyena wrote:About the girls on the storyboard, i don't know... Can we really trust those drawings ? Are they finished ? Actualized ?

I am repeating myself but...
Sotiris wrote:You can't really tell about the character designs from storyboards. Storyboards are usually done in a very rough, basic form. The goal of storyboarding is to present movement, pose, expression, and staging; not to have detailed, refined drawings with on-model characters because it's both unnecessary and a waste of time.