Frozen (formerly The Snow Queen) - Part II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Don't understand why people make such a big deal over that. The Disney Princess line is already rife with inconsistencies over inclusion. In the end, the only reason it exists is for $$$ and so understandably, Disney would choose to include characters which will get them the most $$$.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

qindarka wrote:Don't understand why people make such a big deal over that. The Disney Princess line is already rife with inconsistencies over inclusion. In the end, the only reason it exists is for $$$ and so understandably, Disney would choose to include characters which will get them the most $$$.
Cue more jokes about them being an evil corperation who only cares about money. :lol:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Patrick wrote:So according to this post, both Merida and Anna will join the princesses in the Fantasyland expansion at Disneyland. They also mention her making a "princess debut."

No idea where the information came from, but this Tumblr is generally reliable and insanely popular. Not that that means much. Interesting regardless.
This information is false. Diana, the blogger who runs that Tumblr, is from Peru and she probably came across this information from the very unreliable Hispanophone fan-blog Disney Noticias Mexico.

I've searched online and there is nowhere any reference to either Merida or Anna regarding the upcoming Princess Fairytale Hall at Disneyland.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Sotiris wrote:
Patrick wrote:So according to this post, both Merida and Anna will join the princesses in the Fantasyland expansion at Disneyland. They also mention her making a "princess debut."

No idea where the information came from, but this Tumblr is generally reliable and insanely popular. Not that that means much. Interesting regardless.
This information is false. Diana, the blogger who runs that Tumblr, is from Peru and she probably came across this information from the very unreliable Hispanophone blog Disney Noticias Mexico.

I've searched online and there is nowhere any reference to either Merida or Anna regarding the upcoming Princess Fairytale Hall at Disneyland.
Youuuu're the best. :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Patrick wrote:Youuuu're the best. :)
Oh, stop it, you! :D
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris wrote:

This information is false. Diana, the blogger who runs that Tumblr, is from Peru and she probably came across this information from the very unreliable Hispanophone fan-blog Disney Noticias Mexico.

Yeah, I don't know if Merida will be an official princess. To be an official princess is to have prince. And she doesn't have a prince. Anna, possibly.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

TsWade2 wrote:Yeah, I don't know if Merida will be an official princess. To be an official princess is to have prince. And she doesn't have a prince.
If Merida ends up not joining the Disney Princess line (we still don't know for sure), it won't be because she doesn't have a love interest but because she's a Pixar character.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Sotiris wrote:
TsWade2 wrote:Yeah, I don't know if Merida will be an official princess. To be an official princess is to have prince. And she doesn't have a prince.
If Merida ends up not joining the Disney Princess line (we still don't know for sure), it won't be because she doesn't have a love interest but because she's a Pixar character.
Exactly my point. :wink:
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

TsWade2 wrote:
Sotiris wrote: If Merida ends up not joining the Disney Princess line (we still don't know for sure), it won't be because she doesn't have a love interest but because she's a Pixar character.
Exactly my point. :wink:
Actually, that's not what you said at all, but OK.
"I don't get high on drugs; I get high on Disney."
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Miss Jo wrote:Actually, that's not what you said at all, but OK.
:lol:
shellysunfish

Post by shellysunfish »

I was hoping that Anna would be
blonde, like in the concert art. : :(
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

shellysunfish wrote:I was hoping that Anna would be
Then certain complain... I mean bloggers on the internet would get mad that Disney has another blond princess with blue eyes.And yes I heard people accuse Disney of promoting European standards of beauty.And man the funny thing is that they have more members with black hair in the line than blond hair.Heck,Ariel could even be considered having anime hair.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

jazzflower92 wrote:
Then certain complain... I mean bloggers on the internet would get mad that Disney has another blond princess with blue eyes.And yes I heard people accuse Disney of promoting European standards of beauty.And man the funny thing is that they have more members with black hair in the line than blond hair.
I know, right? Its really ironic.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Are you guys really discussing her hair color now? :lol:
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

PatrickvD wrote:Are you guys really discussing her hair color now? :lol:
Why not the certain whiny people on the internet will complain that Disney once again will be promoting European standards of beauty?Although I do like it if once in a while when they do a nonEuropean setting I think people will still grill them if they make any mistake with potraying the culture.Anything Disney does will always get complainers on the fence.Although I have a feeling that they will complain that Disney has not actually made an adaption of the Snow Queen but it just seems like its Wicked in a Snow Queen setting.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I really expect Anna to be in the new Princess Meet and Greet. WDI is always one step ahead, and Anna will be in the Princess lineup, so I'm expecting that WDI know about Frozen and they're planning WDW/DL things for it right now.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Anna should have pink-hair that would shut everybody up. :lol:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

thelittleursula wrote:
Anna should have pink-hair that would shut everybody up. :lol:
Or green... or worse: grey.

Honestly, I could care less about their hair color. How about decent story structure, compelling music and innovative visuals?

And seeing as how there's nothing to discuss yet, I would rather this thread just rest for a while until we have some news.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

jazzflower92 wrote:
Then certain complain... I mean bloggers on the internet would get mad that Disney has another blond princess with blue eyes.And yes I heard people accuse Disney of promoting European standards of beauty.And man the funny thing is that they have more members with black hair in the line than blond hair.Heck,Ariel could even be considered having anime hair.
Aryan race. The superior race.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney Duster wrote:So, from the original tale of The Snow Queen, does anyone understand this:
The roses on the leads hung blooming in at the open window; there stood the little children's chairs, and Kay and Gerda sat down on them, holding each other by the hand; they both had forgotten the cold empty splendor of the Snow Queen, as though it had been a dream. The grandmother sat in the bright sunshine, and read aloud from the Bible: "Unless ye become as little children, ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."

And Kay and Gerda looked in each other's eyes, and all at once they understood the old hymn:

"The rose in the valley is blooming so sweet,
And angels descend there the children to greet."
Do they just feel like the hymn has come true or does it mean something more, a message the story was trying to say, that perhaps Disney should be including in their version, too? Do they just realize their happiness feels like angels, or something?
Edthehyena wrote:Typically, typically the too much complex, philosophical, spiritual, religious, symbolic stuff i've been written about before that Disney would NEVER get embarassed with (and that i don't like that much myself). Same than "The Eternal Soul" theme of little mermaid original tale.
What did you mean by that? That Disney usually doesn't use such complex or spiritual symbology? Mentioning angels doesn't have to be more spiritual beyond Aladdin mentioning Allah or The Princess and the Frog using voodoo and demons. But what does the hymn mean anyway? Disney could use the message of the hymn without using the hymn about angels itself.