All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Indiana Jones: The Complete DVD Movie Collection

Post by Jack »

poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

:o Thanks for the info! I will definately be getting this set when it comes out (probably around Christmas time for me though)!!!!!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Yes! It is coming out here on the same day (i think it is coming out worldwide on the same day)!
Very exciting news!!!
That means I have to buy that AND the Two Towers SE on the same day - d'oh! And coming hot on the heels of the Lion King Box, it will be a very expensive end of year....
Hopefully someone will think of me around Xmas....
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
maj
Limited Issue

Post by maj »

Yay it's official (had heard rumours of this about a month ago)
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

its about time!!!!! :o :lol:
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

I've peed in my pants about this!!!!!!!

FINALLY

wonder when Indy 4 will come to theaters
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

poco wrote:I've peed in my pants about this!!!!!!!

FINALLY
You've been waiting a while to pee your pants? :? :)
Brink!
Limited Issue

Post by Brink! »

actualy raders of the lost ark is my favorite film of all time
so this is something i must have on dvd
to bad they had to retitle the movie to indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark :cry:
"Can't put me finger on what lies in store,
but i feel what's to happen all happened before"
(Mary Poppins)

"Pull the lever, kronk.
- WRONG LEVER !
why do we even have that lever ?"
(The Emperor's new Groove)
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

I can't wait for the release of the 4-disc Indy Box to arrive on Nov. 4... the only bad news is that they are to be "special editions". Let's just hope that when they put the CGI-enhanced versions of the films, they will also release the original versions like they did for ET. They *cough Lucas* can't leave things the way they were. The reason they were so great in the first place was because of how they looked then, not how they could look now.

As far as the Indy 4 movie, who will still be alive when they do start filming after Episode III is done. At the rate they're going we're going to be looking at Great Grandpa Jones and the largely overaged Indy.

I would also like to note, I am happy they are not releasing Two Towers on 2 seperate release dates. In August, the Extended version (standard) and Box Set come out at the same time so I don't have to wait for Nov. to come around to get the good one... Although I did get both the regular and extended versions of the last movie (different featurettes on the standard than the extended).

So as it goes, Stitch the movie and Two Towers in August; Sleeping Beauty Special Edition (WOOHOO Finally!) in September; The Lion King Special Edition (Box set baby!) in October; and finally Indy in November.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I will now crawl back into the dark abyss once more to ponder the meaning of life.
Meega Nala Qweesta!
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

There will be no visable changes or extra scenes put into the Indy DVDs.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

FROM AMAZON.COM

-Fourth disc features 200 minutes of extras including never-before-seen footage from all three films

-A new, feature-length documentary of the making of the trilogy

-From the Lucasfilm Archives:
-The Stunts of Indiana Jones
-The Sound of Indiana Jones
-The Music of Indiana Jones
-The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones

-Trailers

-Weblink to exclusive content
maj
Limited Issue

Post by maj »

hope they offer raiders separately to the uk if possible (back to the future 1 you can get separately, so why not raiders)- not really into temple of doom and last crusade to be honest
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

The BBFC are certifying the extras now, so here's the underwhelming runtimes for some of the supplements:

THE STUNTS OF INDIANA JONES 10:52
THE LIGHT AND MAGIC OF INDIANA JONES 12:22
THE MUSIC OF INDIANA JONES 12:24

Really these films deserved more - let's face it a Stunts documentary covering all three films could still have a lot missing from a 1.5 hour programme.

Expect another Indiana Jones set to be released in the next 2-3 years.

Still, when you see how Paramount treats Indiana Jones, it's no surprise they gave the Brady Bunch movies such a screwing! The two pack didn't even get a cardboard slipcover! (And yes, I think the Brady Bunch movies are infinitly better then the Indiana Jones movies)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

More (substantial) extras from the BBFC

MAKING OF INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 1: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
Run Time 50m 47s

MAKING OF THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 2 - TEMPLE OF DOOM
Run Time 41m 6s

MAKING OF THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 3 - LAST CRUSADE
Run Time 35m 0s
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Ok, that second set of extras looks a lot healthier.

Really, I am just looking forward to having these on DVD (Ok, maybe not Temple of Doom...).

Paramount gave the Godfather films a rather lacklustre set of features on the 'bonus disc', but made up for it with an audio commentary on each film by FFC himself.

Mind you, a 30-50 minute documentary on each film is not too shabby, particularly given Speilberg's aversion to commentaries (I think he said he prefers to keep some mystery about the process, which I understand and respect, although I do like commentaries :P). The doco on the 'Close Encounters' set was brilliant though (and about 1.5 hours! And the Jaws doco (on VHS) was really good too).

At any rate, can't wait until they come out. November is going to be very expensive. Hulk, Indiana Jones and the Two Towers SE all coming out within a week of each other!

It will be like September 2 all over again...
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Yeah, I have to agree with you on Speilberg discs. He seems not to embrace the new technology and doesn't want to let us see "behind the curtain" too much. But, his documentaries are really in depth and fantastic. The guy he gets for them is also doing the Indiana Jones ones, so they should be good.

But in actuality, they have enough material to make each film at least a 2 disc set and that is really what they should have done.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

But in actuality, they have enough material to make each film at least a 2 disc set and that is really what they should have done.
Call me a cynic, but I'm sure this is what they will do when the set is re-issued when Indiana Jones 4 comes to DVD.

I'm all for these trilogy boxes (BTTF, Godfather) - and I wish the Brady Bunch movies had one, with the TV movie The Brady Bunch in the White House included - but it seems stupid to release one when everybody knows a 4th installment is in the offering.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents says:
Also today, we're getting a lot of reports from retail sources that Paramount has moved the street date for its The Adventures of Indiana Jones: The Complete DVD Movie Collection up to 10/21 (from 11/4) to avoid competition with Disney's Finding Nemo.
Competition :? lol

Buy.com, Walmart.com, Movies Unlimited and CircuitCity.com say that The Adventures of Indiana Jones will be out on 10/21/2003, but indianajones.com says November.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

I've seen October 21st a lot of places, too.
It's no big deal for me one way or the other, but I can see why this might make sense to them. My guess is Finding Nemo will probably have one of the biggest release days in history (eclipsing what The Lion King does on 10/07) so why try and compete with that?

It's doubtful that folks spending $20-25 on FN will want to add in an additional $45-50 for The Indy Trilogy at the same time.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Yep, makes sense. And even if the content seems worlds apart, the audiences aren't really, as the Indiana Jones movies and Finding Nemo are among the most popular films of all times. And if it's the choice between getting Nemo for $14.99, getting the Indy Trilogy for $50 or whatever, or getting them both, well the average DVD collector buys something like 10 DVDs a year, so while blowing $65-$70 in a week may seem like nothing to us diehards, for many, it's not nothing. It's something. Paramount hasn't often made wise decisions, but I think this one is. (Though I do wish they were releasing the films indivdually.)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president