Who has Napoleon Dynamite in their DVD collection??

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Who has Napoleon Dynamite in their DVD collection??

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

I bought this DVD today, and thought it was pretty funny, not crazy funny though, like Wedding Crashers, or Dumb and Dumber. I was an ok movie, I liked Napoleon Dynamite, but I thought Pedro made the film. Everything about him look funny. Anyways who has ND in their DVD collection, becuase I am happy it is in mine. It's a movie you can watch over, and over, and find it still funny!!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

I don't have this DVD, nor do I ever plan on getting it :)
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

I couldn't even sit through it. I thought it was pretty bad. This is one of those indies that PRETENDS to be a thoughtful indie features, and ends up fooling a large portion of the population, much like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which I liked the first time, but couldn't quite sit through the second time. :(
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
yankees
Gold Classic Collection

Post by yankees »

I dont have the movie but I like it alot and I may pick it up spomeday.
________
IKEA GIFT CARDS
Last edited by yankees on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

I def have it. One of my fav movies. I never go on a road trip w/ out it.

It's got that type of humor that u just gotta understand to like the movie. I didnt see it till it was on DVD-but I'm glad i did!
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't. :lol:
I liked the movie. It wasn't a classic but certainly funny.
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

VOTE FOR PEDRO!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

No, I still haven't seen it either. Really need to rent it sometime.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I have it... oh wait I'm just borrowing it from my sister. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

I do!!! I do!!!

I don't think it's a good movie but it's flip'n hilarious!!! :)
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

Being from Idaho, It's one that had to be in my collection.
I fell asleep the first time I watched it, but then the more I watched it the funnier it got. You have to be in the right kind of mood when watching it to think that it's funny.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I often wonder if the people who enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite have a *bigger* sense of humor. I dunno. Just ignore that comment. :p

But yea, we have it. :oops: I found the movie stupid funny, and I don't get tired of watching the movie. :lol: Gosh!

(and He's almost the same in the upcoming movie, Just Like Heaven.)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Napoleon Dynamite is the worst movie of the decade!!!!

Sorry for everyone who likes Napoleon Dynamite but I found it so boring I had to foward some parts....yes I rented it at Blockbuster Video. :roll:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I really think age has a lot to do with whether a person likes or dislikes this movie. It is definitely a 60's type movie with the same goof-ball humor of the time.

I own the movie, and it gets watched at least oncea week.

When I was in school, I WAS NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!!

This movie does really rock. It can be very obnoxious to some.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

I have it. I don't think it has any meaning at all, and I don't think that was their point. It's just meant to be weird and funny... a collection of stories from Jared Hess' life and the lives of other people he knows (with some made-up stuff thrown in for fun). It's not life-changing, but I like it. And when I went to Disneyland last month and saw about a hundred people wearing "Vote for Pedro" shirts, I realized that's it's had quite a lot of impact on people. The more some people love it, the more others will hate it... that's just how it works. I know Jon Heder... he was in a bunch of my classes... so of course I own the DVD. Gotta support the local projects.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Wow, I am going to agree with MMP. Lame movie. Totally disappointed after all the hype.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

On first viewing, I thought it was an enjoyable if not particularly amazing film. Repeat viewings have improved my opinion of the film. It's minimalist-type comedy, which seems to make everything stand out all the more and make greater impressions on return visits. I think it's great that a small movie can catch on big like that, and I can understand how it's popular. I'd rather a unique and fairly clever movie like this catch on than see some inane big budget blockbuster (like [insert loathed inane blockbuster of your choosing here]) rack up hundreds of millions of dollars around the world.

And to answer the question, yes, I own the DVD. Got it as a gift and I'm quite glad to have. Not sure if I will be taking the obligatory Fox double dip. Probably not.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Luke wrote:And to answer the question, yes, I own the DVD. Got it as a gift and I'm quite glad to have. Not sure if I will be taking the obligatory Fox double dip. Probably not.
Is a special edition of the movie actually coming? Anyway, back on topic; I haven't seen it yet, but I will rent it if I can. :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Wonderlicious wrote:Is a special edition of the movie actually coming? Anyway, back on topic; I haven't seen it yet, but I will rent it if I can. :)
Yes, I've read in a couple of places that one is slated for Q4, so an official announcement should be turning up soon.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I heard a special edition was in the works as well somewhere but I forget where.

It was kinda obvious though that it was coming since this is a Fox DVD, the DVD had some extras but not enough for a new cult favourite and yeah it's a cult favourite so they'll exploit that if they can.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>