Twitches Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Twitches Discussion

Post by The Little Merman »

The new Disney Channel Original Movie, Twitches, just premiered, and I must say, I loved it! I had, well, to say the least- low hopes for this, but it was really a superb DCOM.

Despite some obvious script "twitches", I thought everything was wonderful.

I'm leaguing this baby up there with the Halloweentown Trilogy!

Did you see Twitches? Feel free to post any comments, whether you hated or loved it, like me.

*tlm
ginger22

Post by ginger22 »

I just saw the movie too, and I thought it was quite good. I have never read the book, but it seemed like elements of the plot were similar to Hamlet and Harry Potter. Does anyone else think so? Anyway, I thought it was good :)
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Twitches

Post by Joshrzmeup »

IMO it was pretty good. A bit much as far as the faces in the darkness went, espically for some of the younger audience. I had never heard of the books before, so I had no idea what to expect.

The script was good, despite a few flaws. For a made-for-tv halloween movie, it was one of the best. For me, i'd rank it second to Casper for my favorite halloween movie. I'll write more when I get the chance to finish watching the movie (I didn't finish because my dad wouldn't stop talking very loudly while I was watching the movie and he was making fun of it..but thank goodness for vcr's an the fact that I wanted to record the movie in case I wound up liking it.)

This movie makes me totally want the necklace the mother was wearing.

Tia and Tamara sooooo do not look 27, and personally I think this may have been all they can leak out of this whole "identical twins finding each other" thing (which has been done to death by sooo many people). It would be nice to see them do seperate things on Disney Channel and not just twin things. I know one is on a Lifetime show, and she shows she's a good actress. Just a thought.
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
ginger22

Post by ginger22 »

Sorry this is way off topic, but Lizzie I love your avatar, Josh is one of my absolute favorives!
tepper420

twitches

Post by tepper420 »

I have to say I thought this movie was just dumb. The "darkness" was lame and the acting was crappy. I have actually read the books and love them, and the movie changes some MAJOR points. For example, the girls are only 18 in the books, Karsh is really old and wise, Ilena is young and beautiful and is their cousin, their mother is in a mental hospital, and Thantos IS NOT THE BAD GUY! His and Aron's other brother is, and Thantos really is trying to help the girls. The only thing this movie had in common with the books is the name. If you thought the plot of twin witches was interesting, I really reccomend you read the books, they are sooo much better.
TaleAsOldAsTime
Limited Issue

Post by TaleAsOldAsTime »

to be honest, i was looking forward to the film. and i must say i really liked it. i thought it was very good, sure not the best acting or special effects, but i really enjoyed it
tepper420

twitches

Post by tepper420 »

As soon as I saw the previews I cringed. I knew Disney channel would screw up the storyline, especially with the Mowry sisters. Nothing against them, but if you look at the book covers, you'll see what I mean.
Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fee-Hee-Hee-Eny »

I thought it was pretty good. And I want it on DVD! :lol:

I thought the whole storyline was excellent and the Mowry twins were perfect casting. I really liked them a lot in Sister, Sister and am glad I got to see how much they've changed.
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

I really liked the movie except the special effects were weird but then again it is DCOM. Also they kind of tell you who the bad guy is, it was so obvious I almost thought they would twist it and make the mom turn evil or somthing. I would buy it on DVD.
tepper420

twitches

Post by tepper420 »

Instead of wasting your money on the DVD, you guys should buy the books. then you'll see how dumb the movie really was! :roll:
corrwill
Gold Classic Collection

Post by corrwill »

I thought it was OK for a DCOM. Halloweentown was better.
tepper420

twitches

Post by tepper420 »

I really liked Halloweentown, but the 2 sequels weren't that great, especially Halloweentown High.
MJL356
Limited Issue

Post by MJL356 »

I saw Twitches yesterday. It was okay, but the acting was down right terrible. The darkness was a little cheesy. But it was enjoyable. Okay story, put me in the Halloween spirt. But it doesn't come close to comparing with the quality of the Halloweentown Trilogy. Those are the best Halloweentown movies ever.