The Golden Girls Season 4 DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

The Golden Girls Season 4 DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

<center><b>See QUENTIN TARANTINO In His TV Debut!

THE GOLDEN GIRLS
THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON

<i><u>The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift
On DVD February 14
</b></i></u></center>

BURBANK, Calif., November 4, 2005 – Own all 26 episodes from the hysterical fourth season of
the multiple Emmy and Golden Globe-winning comedy <b>THE GOLDEN GIRLS</b>, on DVD
February 14 from Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur), Sophia (Estelle
Getty), Rose (Betty White) and Blanche (Rue McClanahan) are four mis-matched housemates
living together in Miami. Season 4 features some of the funniest antics of the fabulous
foursome, including adventures with charming Cubans, dirty dancing lessons, and a marriage!
With incredible guest stars including famed director Quentin Tarantino (in his TV debut), bestselling
recording artist Julio Iglesias and legendary entertainer Bob Hope, <b>THE GOLDEN GIRLS
THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON</b> is a must-have for any DVD collection. Plus, meet these
guest stars and more in the ”Top Ten Guest Stars From Season 4” exclusive bonus feature.
Available just in time for Valentine’s Day, this comedy treasure is priced at $39.99 (S.R.P.).

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]
Buy <b>The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season</b> from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... html">Read our <b>The Golden Girls :The Complete Fourth Season</b> DVD Review</a>

Coming May 9, 2006:
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ">Preorder <b>The Golden Girls: The Complete FifthSeason</b> from Amazon.com</a>

<b><u>STREET DATE: February 14, 2006</b></u>
<u>Direct prebook</u>: December 20, 2005
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: January 3, 2006
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $39.99 (3-disc DVD box set)
<u>Rated</u>: TV-PG. Bonus materials not rated.
Bonus materials subject to change.
<u>Total episode run time</u>: Approximately 624 minutes.
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
<u>DVD Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital Stereo Sound
<u>DVD Language</u>: English audio

<b><u>Past Seasons Reviewed at UltimateDisney.com:</b></u>
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Third Season</a>
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Second Season</a>
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete First Season</a>

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great
television on DVD. BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an ever-increasing
amount of quality television entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE’s superbly
mastered DVD box sets include “Alias,” “Scrubs,” “Tilt,” “The Golden Girls,” “Home
Improvement,” “Felicity,” “Boy Meets World,” “Sports Night,” “Once And Again,” “Lost,”
“Desperate Housewives” and more. Upcoming box sets include “Extreme Makeover: Home
Edition.”

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home
Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney,
Touchstone, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.
Last edited by Luke on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: The Golden Girls Season 4 DVD Press Release

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I want to :roll: at this:
<b>See QUENTIN TARANTINO In His TV Debut!</b>
But I know I really should reserve my :roll: for this:
Plus, meet these guest stars and more in the ”Top Ten Guest Stars From Season 4” exclusive bonus feature.
I hope this isn't the lone feature they're planning, but it won't be anything like a surprise if is. Well, I'm still excited for the show. Thanks for posting, Luke.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Re: The Golden Girls Season 4 DVD Press Release

Post by Luke »

AwallaceUNC wrote:I want to :roll: at this:
<b>See QUENTIN TARANTINO In His TV Debut!</b>
Yeah, that seems odd because I'd think there are more important things about Season 4 to promote and because he's not exactly known for being an actor. Still, I'm sure his performance as "Elvis Impersonator" is one for the ages!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I can't wait! Season four has my favorite episode, "Valentine's Day". :)

Once again, the bonus feature looks quite boring. :zzz:
- Jonathan
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Obviously, as a fan of this show, I am very excited that we are getting Season 4 sooner than I thought. However, Buena Vista should be SHOT for the lack of bonus features, and the careless manner in which they present this CLASSIC show!
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Wow! Lets hope BVHE continues to swiftly release these GOLDEN GIRLS sets.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Anyone else think that The Golden Girls: Their Greatest Moments is being saved for Season 7? It only makes sense, since the 90 minute special is about them reminiscing the entire series.

Anyways, I'm so excited that Season Three will be available in a week! A week, people, a week!

As for Season 4's bonus feature...what. the. f***. WE DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE GUEST STARS! WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE STARS!!! Give us some meaty bonus features that delve into the production of the show and the careers of the 4 great women and the 2 recurring men! People loved the show because of the chemistry of the cast and the sharp dialogue and the fun stories! We didn't give a rat's ass that such-and-such guest starred! If we cared about who was guest-starring on a show in the 80s, we'd watch The Love Boat or Hotel!

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Does Buena Vista own Golden Girls Greatest Moments?
Last edited by Robin Hood on Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Robin Hood wrote:Does Buena Vita own Golden Girls Greatest Moments?
I'm not sure, but I kind of doubt it. They could most likely get it, though. They went the extra mile for getting similar things for Slingblade. Or alternatively, they could do something crazy like making their own retrospective piece (or dare I say it -- audio commentaries).

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Aaron's new review is up:
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season</a>