The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
enjoy

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

Post by enjoy »

OMG I just found out Disney is making a movie from that book!! I was in love with the book and I cant wait till next Christmas now!!!! So since I saw that im going to go read the book again MWAH!!! Anybody have any more info on it?
Ludwig Von Drake
Special Edition

Post by Ludwig Von Drake »

jeffs854

Post by jeffs854 »

Enjoy,

Check out http://www.narniaweb.com/default.asp

It has the latest news on the upcoming Narnia movie.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Wow...interesting news.
I remember watching this cartoon film a loooong time ago. Cannot remember who made it or where I saw it (most likely TV somewhere) but I did enjoy it nonetheless.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
enjoy

Post by enjoy »

Thanks so much Jeffs!! That is what i needed!!
tijerin

Post by tijerin »

I loved the Narnia books. Cant wait for these movies!
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Buena Vista to Publish Chronicles of Narnia Games

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Buena Vista to Publish Chronicles of Narnia Games Source: Buena Vista Games Monday, May 10, 2004

Buena Vista Games, Inc., the global interactive entertainment arm of The Walt Disney Company, today announced that it will publish video games based on the epic tale of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, the best-selling story by C.S. Lewis and the forthcoming film by Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media, for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PC and handheld consoles in fall 2005. The action-adventure series, which will be published under the company's Disney Interactive label, will be the first multi-platform video games introduced that let gamers and Narnia fans step inside and immerse themselves in the magical world of Narnia.

"We are pleased to announce our plans to develop a full slate of video games based on 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe' film currently in production in New Zealand," said Graham Hopper, senior vice president and general manager of Buena Vista Games. "Given the truly unique, creative nature of the story, we see it as especially suited for a spectacular translation to game consoles and something that the millions of Narnia fans and gamers worldwide will love."

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is based on the first in the series of phenomenally best-selling novels by C.S. Lewis. The live-action film concerns a war between good and evil, pitting the magnificent lion Aslan against the forces of darkness in the magical world of Narnia. A White Witch has used her dark powers to keep Narnia in winter for 100 years, but it is foretold that four humans will be able to help Aslan break the spell. When the children - Lucy, Susan, Edmund and Peter -- discover the magic of Narnia by entering the enchanted world through a wardrobe, the stage is set for a classic battle of epic proportions.

The film, under the direction of Andrew Adamson (Shrek, Shrek 2), is scheduled for release Christmas 2005.

"The opportunity to work closely with the video game production team at the same time we're creating the film is very exciting. I'm looking forward to watching both projects come to life," said director Andrew Adamson. "Through the video game, fans will be able to re-open the wardrobe countless times to revisit the magical world of Narnia and all of its characters and environments."

Source from http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4634

With a second game for all the systems of video game Disney really wants to make kids hooked on the movies.
Disney wants to make this movie a hit like Shriek, since it's a live action movie so it's safer for kids to watch.
What's the difference kids are still going to watch the movie even if the parents don't want to buy the game.
A good family movie at the threatre is a great way to make kids bond with their parents, not from a video game.
Video games just make kids to stress out.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Well I bought the Finding Nemo game because me daughter loved the movie.

It was the absolutely lamest game I have ever seen.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

...Then you musn't have played the Toy Story game for N64. Yuck!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Finding Nemo's a great game. Remember it's a game designed mainly for young children. While it may be easy to complete (but I must admit, we found the sewer level quite hard), there's enough challenge for adults who want to complete the game properly (ie. get all the stars on all of the levels). Plus, in some places, the graphics are incredibly close to the film.

I think Finding Nemo is an ideal game for 6-10 year olds.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Chronicles of Narnia 's first pictures

Post by KinOO »

here are the first arts from the next Xmas features from Disney: Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion the witch and the wardrobe...

Ludwig Von Drake
Special Edition

Post by Ludwig Von Drake »

It looks interesting and I can't wait for a preview to see how it will all come together.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

"Save Target As" "Save Target As" "Save Target As" :P

Simply amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait for the trailer!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

That's some gorgeous concept art. I hope the film retains the moody atmosphere of this artwork. :up: I can't wait to see the teaser trailer later this year (bectha anything it'll be attached to The Incredibles in November). :D
Todd_star
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Todd_star »

Is it going to be an animation film or a live action one?
I haven`t heard anything about it..
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

I too love the atmosphere. Very Lord of the Ringsish which isnt a surprise since the two writers were friends who greatly influenced each others work.

That is what was missing from the BBC Series. Entirely too bright. The BBC's normal total lack of production values.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Todd_star wrote:Is it going to be an animation film or a live action one?
I haven`t heard anything about it..
Live-action.

And JJJ, I agree. And I believe it was Tolkien who influenced Lewis to convert from atheism to Christianity, which later served as the basis (at least partially) for all his works, including the Chronicles of Narnia.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
ckdish

Post by ckdish »

I hope the film is as beautiful.
<a href="http://www.filmartist.com">FilmArtist.com</a>
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

Wow thats stunning :shock:
I cant wait. I dont want to get too excited yet though....
Im not avery patient person :)
Jules: You know the shows on TV?
Vincent: I don't watch TV.
Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Disney's Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion the witch and the wardrobe looks awesome!
I can't wait to see it!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's: