Aristocats Out of Print!?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MichaeLeah
Gold Classic Collection

Aristocats Out of Print!?

Post by MichaeLeah »

I like to occassionally type in titles at www.disneydvd.com to see if anything has quietly gone out of print. I tested out The Aristocats because I have long had the suspicion it would go out of print since Robin Hood went out of print. Well, to get to the point, it appears Aristocats has gone out of print. It has also disappeared from the list of available films from the Disney Movie Club. Here is the link for those interested: http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/movie ... 53603.html
This means you can probably count on this coming out as the "Soft and Furry Edition" next fall or something. Don't panic if you wanted this title and never got it. It will come again soon (probably).
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

This doesn't surprise me since the R2 disc has features that R1 doesn't, just like with Fox and the Hound and Robin Hood. Expect these to be on the Aristocats SE:

* The Sherman Brothers: The Aristocrats of Disney Cats (6:56)
* "Ev'rybody Wants to Be A Cat" Sing-Along (2:19)
* The Country Cousin Short (8:53)
* O' Malley's Singing and Painting Game

And maybe Disney will be nice and toss in a surprise bonus feature not on DVD before like a deleted scene or art gallery.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Ooooh, it would be cool if the Aristocats got an update next year. Granted I'd rather see Hercules, Hunchback and Oliver and Company first, The Aristocats is a cute movie that I'd love to have in my collection. :)
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Disneykid wrote:This doesn't surprise me since the R2 disc has features that R1 doesn't, just like with Fox and the Hound and Robin Hood. Expect these to be on the Aristocats SE:

* The Sherman Brothers: The Aristocrats of Disney Cats (6:56)
* "Ev'rybody Wants to Be A Cat" Sing-Along (2:19)
* The Country Cousin Short (8:53)
* O' Malley's Singing and Painting Game

And maybe Disney will be nice and toss in a surprise bonus feature not on DVD before like a deleted scene or art gallery.
Wonderful, another give and take edition.

Say goodbye to the trailer, read-along, and trivia game, folks. They won't be on The Aristocats: Feline-AIDS-is-the-number-one-killer-of-domestic-cats Edition.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Escapay wrote:Say goodbye to the trailer, read-along, and trivia game, folks. They won't be on The Aristocats: Feline-AIDS-is-the-number-one-killer-of-domestic-cats Edition.
:lol: Ha ha ha, love the subtitle, it's catchy!! :lol:
~Daniel~
Limited Issue

Post by ~Daniel~ »

Oh darnit, and I've had the original DVD for a few years now :(

I was definelty predicting a special edition from the Aristocats, mainly because of the sequel rumors.

But, If the special edition has great bonuse's and improved restoration, I just might get it :D
NarniaDis
Special Edition

Post by NarniaDis »

as much as I would buy this, PLEASE GIVE US OUR MUCH REQUESTED 2-DISC editions first!!!!
Im a riding on cloud Nine.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

It may be OOP, but my local Target still has a trillion copies on their shelf. I still need to pick it up.
HappyPug
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HappyPug »

Littered around Tokyo Disneyland are plush Maree's from
Aristocats.

Plus a Maree Character in practically every parade and constantly walking round Fantasyland so excited people can get photos with her.

I have no idea why, but the Japanese seem to love Maree.

They still had their copy of Aristocats on the shelves though all I could translate was what was already on the R4 release, which is whats on the R2 release so nothing exciting.

A re-release would send the Japanese into an exciteable frenzy!
kustomboy

Post by kustomboy »

We just got back from Tokyo and could not get over how much Marie stuff there was. She really is in every single parade and they have everything from stuff animals to balloons to popcorn buckets with her on it. She's even predominately featured in several of the shows including Big Band Bang (or something like that).

Tokyo Disney Resort is awesome.
w00t
Limited Issue

Post by w00t »

I was gonna get this soon but if it will be on 2-discs I think I will wait
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I was gonna go ahead and get this with x-mas money as well, but now i'm betting we'll get a release around the time of Dumbo's Big Top Edition was released. So i'll wait and see.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

kustomboy wrote:We just got back from Tokyo and could not get over how much Marie stuff there was. She really is in every single parade and they have everything from stuff animals to balloons to popcorn buckets with her on it. She's even predominately featured in several of the shows including Big Band Bang (or something like that).

Tokyo Disney Resort is awesome.
Maree IS a real cutie. My cousin got a Maree plush when we were in Disneyland Paris 9 years ago.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Prince Ali wrote:It may be OOP, but my local Target still has a trillion copies on their shelf. I still need to pick it up.
Mine too. If I see it for real cheap I might get it. I don't think it was the best (or most memorable) DAC, IMHO.
UDer #3495 :D
brotherbear
Special Edition

Post by brotherbear »

nooooo!!!! :( I am really hoping Disney dosn't make a new SE of Aristocats....I only have 2 Gold Collection titles: Robin Hood and The Aristocats. And I don't really have the money to double-dip on RH at the moment, nor The Aristocats. In general, I REALLY dislike double dipping as a whole. Only on a few occations do I feel the need to do it (if it's a huge upgrade, such as a LI edition to a PE edition). With new RH and Aristocats SE's, I will be VERY tempted to buy the new editions. If Disney continues the path they are on now (ala: Dumbo, TENG, Tarzan, TFatH, and RH), Aristocats will be another single disk, special edition with a little improvement on picture quality and some added bonus features (but not ANYWHERE near a difinitive release). But, if Disney suprises us (for a change) and gives us a 2-disk SE of The Aristocats with improved pic quality, and intriguing bonus features, then I welcome it with open arms. But, that will never happen. :(

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I think people are dreaming too much about 2-Disc releases!! Only very, very famous and generally loved titles such as the Fab Four or the real classics like Snow White or Cinderella will get 2-Discers. All the others won't. Why should they spend a lot of time on producing 2-Disc sets if sales were only average level?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Dottie wrote:I think people are dreaming too much about 2-Disc releases!! Only very, very famous and generally loved titles such as the Fab Four or the real classics like Snow White or Cinderella will get 2-Discers. All the others won't. Why should they spend a lot of time on producing 2-Disc sets if sales were only average level?
I agree. If Dumbo didn't even get a 2-disc treatment, than I highly doubt that The Aristocats will get a double disc. My guess is if it does get released it will just be along the lines of Robin Hood or The Fox and the Hound -- a one discer with very limited bonus features. I'll be happy with that, the movie was cute and I don't own it yet, and it can wait...
NarniaDis
Special Edition

Post by NarniaDis »

as to the things about Marie, when I was in TOKYO last month that was the same reaction I had, Marie was everywhere and I told my mom at that time that with this stepped up promotion (its been stepped up here in the states as well) that I could see them rereleasing it sometime next year
Im a riding on cloud Nine.
adam_omega

Post by adam_omega »

Here's hoping that it will at least have some type of making of. The Fox and The Hound making of was soooo short, but at least it had one.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Dottie wrote:Why should they spend a lot of time on producing 2-Disc sets if sales were only average level?
Right. Disney's "Gold Collection" is just for Home Video titles that didn't sell all that well, and don't have much bonus features.
UDer #3495 :D