iTunes Poll + Homeward Bound I in Widescreen on iTunes!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Do You Buy Movies on iTunes?

No. I think dowloading movies is stupid.
58%
Yes. I enjoy the convenience!
11%
No, but I will when they lower the price.
32%

Total votes: 19

That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

iTunes Poll + Homeward Bound I in Widescreen on iTunes!

Post by That1GuyPictures »

I downloaded Homeward Bound today on iTunes, and was surprised that the film was actually in Widescreen, and appears to be a much better transfer than the horrible fullscreen release as well. It appears that it is minted from a nicer print. It's nice to have the film in it's original aspect ratio for the first time though. Maybe that means that it will be released to DVD in widescreen sometime in the near future, though I think that it is still unlikely. Now if they would just bring A Goofy Movie to us in Widescreen!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the info. It's crazy when Disney jumps into iTunes or PSP or Blu-ray and yet remains so apparently reluctant to put its popular properties on DVD or on a better DVD. While admittedly, the costs in making something available for iTunes are minimal, the same can be said for doing DMC Exclusives and yet there are few of those and not at all customer-friendly presentations.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

No because I find downloading movies a waste of time when you can just go out and buy the movies.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Man, we need more of the early DVD releases on iTunes if it means OAR! One of the reasons I never got HB was because it was fullscreen only, and since I already have the VHS there was no need.

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
JM :thumb: