Bomb Threat at Our School System Today!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
brotherbear
Special Edition

Bomb Threat at Our School System Today!

Post by brotherbear »

Wow. So, I've had the most interesting day at my High School in a long time. Apparently today, there was a bomb treat at our middle and elementary schools. (They are right across the street from my high school). Rumor has it that there were "suspicious looking packages" in front of both schools, and so the middle and elementary school kids couldn't go to their schools so they wound up in our (high school) gyms. Now, while this was going on, any seniors or juniors that drive (myself included) had to park out by our football field (which, believe me is pretty far from our school), and sit in our cars for a long time. Then, as a result of these threats, many juniors/seniors who saw what was going on just left. So, all classes wound up with less than half of the class there, which resulted in study halls. Because of all of this crap, I wound up driving BACK home without any penalty whatsoever. The Element. and Middle school kids are also now going home thanks to the buses.

But, now that I'm done ranting about my day so far, I was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced a bomb threat while at their school? (middle, elementary, high schools or college)? Because I'm getting a little worried. This has been our (around) fourth bomb threat in ONE WEEK. It's starting to get a little crazy. (On a good note, at least I get a day off! :P) Honestly though, I find it absolutely horrible that someone would think of bombing an ELEMENTARY school! :( I also find it weird that this is happening in VA, where most people would think of it happening in somewhere like California or New York. :scratch: But seriously, just keep those at my school (or even my local middle school and elementary school) in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully nothing will happen, but you never know.

-BB
MY "FAB FOUR": 1- FANTASIA, 2- THE LION KING, 3- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 4- THE JUNGLE BOOK

SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I had one in 9th grade or so. Nothing ever came of it. What happened with mine was that once one happened, several more threats were made. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be concerned, obviously, but it seemed to be the case in some of the reports I've heard about.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

mmmm bomb treat...yummy
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

We had quite a few bomb threats during both middle and high school, as well as a lockdown during middle school over a possible shooting threat. Nothing happened during elementary school that I can remember, though my elementary school was recently locked down when a man shot or threatened to shoot his cafeteria worker wife or something like that. There was a rumor of a bomb threat during my freshman or sophomore year of college at our dorm, but I never found out how true that was. Of course, the scariest thing was the much-publicized "pit terrorism" incident on our campus (which was one year ago this month).

Definitely scary stuff, though bomb threats rarely turn out to be more than a prank. I remember it was always kind of exciting to get out of school all day, but also nerve-wracking, as we weren't allowed to leave the football field.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

In high school, I believe we had about 7 or 8 bomb threats in my 4 years. One year I think we had at least 4.

Only one of those times I didn't enjoy this fact, and that was one day when there were flies everywhere.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

9th Grade- Major Drug Bust, took 2 hours while everyone was out in the field

9th Grade- Supposed Gang Drivebys, no one came to school

10th Grade- Supposed Gang Drivebys, no one came to school

11th Grade- Bomb Threat, stood outside in a soccer field for most the day, most everyone left

12th Grade- Supposed Gang Violence, everyone came to school, 2 helicopters ciricled school, 12 or so cop cars (for what reason?)

It's not like I live in any dangerous area. My city was ranked Safest large city in Florida for a couple of years.

4 times guns have been brought on school.

1 Girls Gone Wild. :lol:

1 day of no school due to power plant problem.

3 days of no school due to fires.

21 days of no school due to Hurricanes Frances/ Jeanne.
1 day of no school due to Hurricane Charley
5 days of no school due to Hurricane Wilma
1 day of no school due to Hurricane Katrina
1 day of no school due to Tropical Storm Ernesto.

I think that's about it.
Last edited by castleinthesky on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I have never experienced a bomb threat so far but I had a supposed gas leak in 9th grade and got to go home. The gas leak turned out to be a chemical test from one of the science rooms.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Blimey! I'm sure schools in Northern Ireland during "the troubles" didn't has as many bomb threats/shooting alerts as some of the schools mentioned here! Now, that just seems wrong, on so many levels.

That said, I may have been partly responsible for triggering a fire alarm which evacuated three whole buildings when I was at university and possibly making the authorities think it was the work of Snooker "Ace" Jimmy White (who was playing at the Guild Hall at the time). I couldn't possibly comment either way.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

We've had more drug busts than anything else.
That's hot.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Wow BB, what excitement! :lol: When I was in middle school, we had a big bomb threat in 7th grade, and there were some others throughout middle school. So far, there have been none in high school.

In fact, the 7th grade bomb threat, there was a girl in my grade supposedly involved, but she really wasn't. There was just a pencil on the bathroom floor with her fingerprints on it. The jackass principal just assumed that she did it because she dropped a pencil. I know you probably don't believe me, but I can't really explain it. If you knew what this principal was like, you'd understand. :roll:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I went to private shool until high school and we never had a bomb threat. My first week in public high school, there were two. lol. They were both called in by the same student and they caught him. Then there were two bomb threats my senior year and one lock down.

The scariest thing that happend to me was I had come back from a choir field trip. We got off the bus and the doors were locked and my teacher called the office and they told us to get as far away as possible. There was supposedly a man outside with a gun and the bus had already left. We all ran to the parking lot and got in our cars and drove off. My VW bug fit 4. I had 6 people in it. Turns out a person in appartment buildings across the street saw a man ouside with a brown paper bag and she thought he had a gun in it... it was his lunch. lol.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

goofystitch wrote:The scariest thing that happend to me was I had come back from a choir field trip. We got off the bus and the doors were locked and my teacher called the office and they told us to get as far away as possible. There was supposedly a man outside with a gun and the bus had already left. We all ran to the parking lot and got in our cars and drove off. My VW bug fit 4. I had 6 people in it. Turns out a person in appartment buildings across the street saw a man ouside with a brown paper bag and she thought he had a gun in it... it was his lunch. lol.
That must've been frickin' SCARY! I would've like spazzed out!
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Don't think how this is really that scary or important, but w/e

Yes, we've had a bomb threat before (last year)... We had to evacuate to the middle school gym (right next door) and spend like 2 hours there... At least I missed my pre-calc test :)
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Wow! That's some scary stuff! I'll be sure to pray for the safety of you and the students at all of these schools. I hope nothing comes of these threats!

My high school gossips about a shooting that is supposedly going to happen on April 20th. This happens every single year. Of course the shooting never actually occurs.
Harbinger
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Harbinger »

no no bomb threats.

however one time in middle school a drug dealer was on the loose and they shut our whole school down in lockdown. the neighborhood right next to our school was swarmed with FBI agents and stuff.

And we missed around 4 days of school one time due to the evacuation for Hurricane Rita, which ended up pointless since it totally missed us.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Alan wrote:Don't think how this is really that scary or important, but w/e
Remind me not to make you babysit my children if you have that flippant attitude about bomb scares. :roll:
castleinthesky wrote:9th Grade- Major Drug Bust, took 2 hours while everyone was out in the field

9th Grade- Supposed Gang Drivebys, no one came to school

10th Grade- Supposed Gang Drivebys, no one came to school

11th Grade- Bomb Threat, stood outside in a soccer field for most the day, most everyone left

12th Grade- Supposed Gang Violence, everyone came to school, 2 helicopters ciricled school, 12 or so cop cars (for what reason?)

It's not like I live in any dangerous area. My city was ranked Safest large city in Florida for a couple of years.

4 times guns have been brought on school.

1 Girls Gone Wild. :lol:

1 day of no school due to power plant problem.

3 days of no school due to fires.

21 days of no school due to Hurricanes Frances/ Jeanne.
1 day of no school due to Hurricane Charley
5 days of no school due to Hurricane Wilma
1 day of no school due to Hurricane Katrina
1 day of no school due to Tropical Storm Ernesto.
5 Golden Rings...

4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge In A Pear Tree...

:D :lol:

The evacuation scare we had in our high school was during my sophomore year. Some anonymous source tipped that a kid was going to put a bomb in his locker, so we had everyone out for about two hours, on the football field. Then they boarded us on buses and sent us to the middle schools, brought us back, and we had to finish up the rest of the day after a brief announcement by the principal saying that it was a false alarm and the student in question was suspended. He then chastised a lot of students for using their cell phones to call their parents and friends, as there's a chance that a remote signal from cell phones could have set off a bomb if one existed.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

castleinthesky wrote: 1 Girls Gone Wild. :lol:
That was totally innapropriate for a girl gone topless at school grounds. I would've closed my eyes if it happened in my school. :headshake: However, that was totally weird. :P

I remember we had a bomb threat when I was in 9th grade. The students stayed at the field for 3 hours. It was hot outside and I had to sit in the shade of trees because of it.

We had a lockdown last week ago, but I don't know the reason why they done that unless the priniple told us the reason for the lockdown. It lasted for 20 minutes. Last time our school had a lockdown, we wait inside our destined classrooms until 3:30pm when the principal dismissed the class. The lockdown started around 2:30, so no one will ever get out. Main reason: a man with a gun was chased by police and it wondered around in our school grounds. That lockdown happened when I was in 11th grade.

I also encountered some hurricanes from Charley to Tropical Storm Ernesto. This was resulted in few days of no school and make-up days.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

RyougaLolakie wrote:
castleinthesky wrote: 1 Girls Gone Wild. :lol:
That was totally innapropriate for a girl gone topless at school grounds. I would've closed my eyes if it happened in my school. :headshake: However, that was totally weird. :P
Actually it was different. Some guys got videotapes and took pictures of girls (willingly) in the bathrooms. Then the videos were copied and sold around the school. :lol:
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

castleinthesky wrote:
RyougaLolakie wrote: That was totally innapropriate for a girl gone topless at school grounds. I would've closed my eyes if it happened in my school. :headshake: However, that was totally weird. :P
Actually it was different. Some guys got videotapes and took pictures of girls (willingly) in the bathrooms. Then the videos were copied and sold around the school. :lol:
Oh....my....god. :o That's even worse than Quagmire sneeking in a girls restroom to see Louis doing her business. :lol:
Your school needs bathroom-locking protection so that males wouldn't access to female restrooms. I hate it when boys at the age of 13 and older got sexual interests of girls. It's way too common in this country. I blame sexual education for some schools. :P
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

There were a few phoned-in bomb threats, but it didn't disrupt the school day. Sometimes the police were called in to break up fights.
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>