Brother Bear DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

Starion wrote:I wonder how the 1.66 : 1 video will look like on my TV.
There's an explanation of that in the FAQ of Ultimatedisney...
chrisrose
Limited Issue

Post by chrisrose »

Just want to comment on other people's comments about the lack of "proper" commentary. :P

I'm guessing there's no filmmakers commentary because all the folks who made Brother Bear have been fired? I mean the Florida unit is toast, right? I suppose they could ask the director, etc, to record a commentary track before leaving, but I don't blame the filmmakers if they're just not in the mood, all things considered.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." -- Walt Disney
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I think youve got a point there.. I wouldnt be in the mood to do a commentairy if they fired me first... :roll:
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Billy Moon wrote:
Starion wrote:I wonder how the 1.66 : 1 video will look like on my TV.
There's an explanation of that in the FAQ of Ultimatedisney...
Ack, I need to clarify that statement. :oops: I wonder how the 1.66 : 1 video will be different than the 2.35 : 1 video. I'm thinking that Disney will use a form of pan and scan?
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

cool, i wish they came up with a more original design for the dvd cover

it's obvious they just clipped images out of their promotional folder
Waikiki

Post by Waikiki »

hey everyone. i reckon the DVD of Brother Bear will be great. i can't wait (though i have to. stupid May release date). the moose commentary sounds like a laugh.

P.S. I have a Brother Bear role-playing website. please visit it! I badly need new members to sign up. here's the address.
www.avidgamers.com/bbear
Dolphins are forever
Waikiki

Post by Waikiki »

oh, and would anyone complain if I said I liked the cover-art for the DVD? coz I do like it. I think it's cool. also, if this is the 'last-but-a-few' 2-D Disney film and they decide to do nothing but CG like Finding Nemo and all them, no matter how much i liked Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo, i will NEVER AGAIN watch a Disney film released after Brother Bear (Home On The Range doesn't interest me much, see). Not even if I was payed. That's how MAD I AM!!!!!!!! :evil:
Dolphins are forever
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Waikiki wrote:also, if this is the 'last-but-a-few' 2-D Disney film and they decide to do nothing but CG like Finding Nemo and all them, no matter how much i liked Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo, i will NEVER AGAIN watch a Disney film released after Brother Bear (Home On The Range doesn't interest me much, see). Not even if I was payed. That's how MAD I AM!!!!!!!! :evil:
why not give them a chance? If the story is good than the medium it uses isnt the issue. if they got a cool concept then what does it matter wether its 2d or CG? Of course I do not a gree with the reason as to why they switched to 3d, but thats because the management is messed up right now. But in this case, what everyone has been saying still counts, story story story! not 2d or CG, it really is the story that counts. :) :wink:
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

More info regarding the extras... now from the film's original site:
Bonus Feature(s):

Three Viewing Options: Family Friendly Aspect Ratio 1.66:1; Original Theatrical Aspect Ratio 2.35:1; "Rutt & Tuke's Commentary" - Watch Along With The Hilarious Moose From The Film

Fully Animated Outtakes -- Exclusive To The DVD!

Deleted Scenes -- Including A Funny New Character

2 Exciting Games Featuring Your Favorite Animals From The Film

All-New Song By Phil Collins, "Fishing Song"

Paths Of Discovery: The Making Of BROTHER BEAR

"Look Through My Eyes" Music Video Featuring Phil Collins

And Much More!

Technical Specifications:
Color
1.66:1, 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
Closed Captioned
Region 1
DTS 5.1 Digital Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, THX-Certified, Including THX Optimode
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

for some reason this DVD doesnt make me anxious, maybe because I know it's going to be a stinker like other recent Disney DVDs (::cough:: Lion King ::cough::)
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:for some reason this DVD doesnt make me anxious, maybe because I know it's going to be a stinker like other recent Disney DVDs (::cough:: Lion King ::cough::)
come on it cant posibly be worse than Lion King :p
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:for some reason this DVD doesnt make me anxious, maybe because I know it's going to be a stinker like other recent Disney DVDs (::cough:: Lion King ::cough::)
Hey, not all recent DVDs were stinkers. The Lion King may have been but Sleeping Beauty and Pirates of the Caribbean were both awesome. Also it looks like the Alice: ME is going to be just as good as those two. Give Disney a little credit. ;)
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Well, I actually like the Lion King dvd :| , I think it has a lot of great things on it. The only things I didn't like were the division of the continents and the "Morning Report" song. :roll: Overall thought, I think it is a nice dvd.
Image Image
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

This DVD sounds like it will be pretty good, I'm looking forward to it because I liked the movie. The Lion King DVD wasn't as bad as MMB is making it out to be, he's just mad that he has three copies of it! :lol:
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

I wish they used this as the cover for the DVD:

It is the coverart of the comic adaptation released here in Brazil (by the way, a very good adaptation)
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

That picture is nice, but I kinda like what they chose...the only thing I don't like is that Koda's mouth is open a little too wide :lol:
Image Image
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

The disc art Luke posted looks very nice - features the beautiful paintings used for the landscapes in the film. :up:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I don't know how to post pictures, so I'm providing a link to a page on DisneyStore.com. It's a picture of their limited cover art for the "Brother Bear" soundtrack. As you can see, the positioning of the characters is very similar, but I like these drawings better. However, I prefer the background on the DVD cover than the CD. The CD background looks like they are in a glacier.

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPag ... ear&Page=1
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Oh I agree Jack, I love the disc art!!! :D
Image Image
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

the CD 1 image is absolutely beautiful!!!!! it looks like the very first image we saw from this film like two years ago....I think is the best cd art I've seen so far.

now I'm crazy to see the menus :D
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...