What movies scared you as a kid?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
DarthBoy
Limited Issue

What movies scared you as a kid?

Post by DarthBoy »

For me.

Magic: Anyone remembers this 1978 horror shocker with Anthony Hopkins and his evil dummy? i saw this when i was 4 on video back in 1986 and it scared me witless especially that dummy, made me afraid of dummies.

Return to Oz: I saw this on video when i was 4 and those heads of Mombi with the Wheelers spooked me good.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure: Saw this on video when i was 5 back in 1987 and the Clown with Large Marge scared me.

Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey):Anyone remembers this evil dummy horror movie? i saw this on HBO at the age of 5 and the dummy itself terrified me much like the one in "Magic" did.

Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night: Anyone remembers this dark and eerie 1987 Filmation animated movie? i saw this in a theater when i was 5 after christmas and it scared me good especially this absolutely horrifying scene that has to be seen to believed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCLhGj-DQ_o

Disturbing wasn't it?
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Re: What movies scared you as a kid?

Post by jeremy88 »

DarthBoy wrote: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure: Saw this on video when i was 5 back in 1987 and the Clown with Large Marge scared me.
Oh my God, Large Marge use to scare the heck out of me!!

"On this very night, ten years ago, on this the same stretch of road, in a dense fog just like this. I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound, like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building. And when they finally pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck, it looked like this! BWWAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Yeah, I use to leave the room when that part came on lol.

Anyways, I can't say that many things scared me as a kid, since I wasn't allowed to watch many scary movies lol, a lot of my friends found the Childs Play movies scary when they were kids, but that never bothered me for some reason. The Exorcist still scares me though :(
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

My fears as a child are all thanks to one movie... Gremlins.

I don't know why, but that movie caused me to have nightmares for a long time. I still think they are creepy, but I can watch the movie now and not be terrified like I was 20 years ago.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

The animated hobbit used to scare me a lot. I havn't seen it in years and it's mostly because I have no desire to, probably because it's appealness was lost when i was young. It was all golems (sp?) fault by the way.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

singerguy04 wrote:The animated hobbit used to scare me a lot. I havn't seen it in years and it's mostly because I have no desire to, probably because it's appealness was lost when i was young. It was all golems (sp?) fault by the way.
The animation in that and the Lord of the Rings series by the same company simply IS scary, period.
That's hot.
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

The secret of nimh use to scare me! I don't why but didn't have some kind of scary bird in it? And another one that scared me was Rover Dangerfield.
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

The Black Hole - Maximillian scared the crap out of me. Also when the ship is getting ripped apart by the Black Hole, I thought at the time, was pretty intense.
The Dark Crystal - another one that creeped me out. I think it was those giant spider things.
Dragonslayer - One word: Vermithrax
The Never Ending Story - The wolf creeped me out (the sequels did too)
Raiders of the Lost Ark - End scene when the Ark is opened and the ghosts are flying around. Then Toht's face melts and Belloq's head blows up.
The Goonies - When Mikey is in Captain One-Eyed Willie's quarters with all the skeletons around him.
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

None. :)
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Sleeping Beauty - One Word. MALEFIECENT.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - The only movie I had to leave the theater during.

Hocus Pocus - The only scene I distinctly remember scaring me is when they are executing the witches. I don't remember much else about it the movie. I want to see it again but no store I've been to has a copy.

The Care Bears Movie II I had to be sent home form kindergarten one day when we were watching it because it disturbed me for a reason I no longer recall.

There were many more but those four come to mind right of the bat.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

*sigh*

What movies scared you as a kid? created by Johnboy on May 28, 2006

What movies scared you when you were a kid? created by DarthBoy on December 21, 2006

Unsurprisingly, both feature the movie Magic (right down to the description), as well as a few other movies. Methinks Johnboy and DarthBoy are one and the same...

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Barbie And The 12 Dancing Princesses is a horror movie.
Edit:It's funny that I don't remember I worte this :lol: anyway I was kidding,it's actually cute (Not to mention that there are scary\bad movies) :lol:.
Anyway,seriously,Prince Of Egypt scared me in 2nd grade and I still avoide it,I guess that one of the reason why I hate this film.
Last edited by Ariel'sprince on Fri May 30, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

I don't think I was ever allowed to watch anything scary when I was a kid.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The Lion King- Scar... creepy. Actually, If I was in a dark room all alone, with Scar on the TV screen, I'd still be scared.

Had I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was younger, I would have been afraid of Hellfire, ironcially one of my favorite moments in Disney animation.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Superman III - when the computer takes that Vera chick and turns her into a robot. Still gives me the creeps
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

"Return to Oz" used to scare the holy bejesus out of me, but now it's one of my all-time favourite films.

"The NeverEnding Story": Probably because I owned a pony at the time, and went into hysterics when the horse sank into the Swamp of Sadness (or whatever the damn thing was called).

"The Dark Crystal": Creepy people puppets!

"The Boy Who Could Fly": That dream scene where the mean girl hits Lucy Deakins with a volleyball and she falls out the window.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm pretty sure the only animated film I was ever scared of was All Dogs Go To Heaven (at the end, when the "devil" comes looking for Charlie, especially).

The Exorcist and The Neverending Story (the wolf) are the only others I can recall right off.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Snow White...hey, I was still a little kid... :P
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I don't understand why people thinks that some parts in Snow White,Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast are creepy but I have to say that concept arts creep me sometimes,I don't know why thought.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Movies that scared the crap out of me

Post by carolinakid »

The Wizard of Oz (Margaret Hamilton's Witch of the West)
the Universal Studios Monsters films of the '30s & ''40s
Halloween (1978)
Friday the 13th (Parts 1 through 8)
the Exorcist

jon
Last edited by carolinakid on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Ariel'sprince wrote:I don't understand why people thinks that some parts in Snow White,Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast are creepy but I have to say that concept arts creep me sometimes,I don't know why thought.
Eeh...because we were kids (think as a 5 year old)?