Camp Rock 2 - Confirmed

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Camp Rock 2 - Confirmed

Post by MouseHouse55 »

E News is reporting that Camp Rock 2 has been green lit, and was actually given the go-ahead well before the premiere of Camp Rock. No real idea yet on a release date, or any other details for that matter, beyond the confirmed casting of the Jonas Brothers.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

figures! lol

Like I didn't see this one coming. ;)
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Hooray!

Let the next trainwreck begin!

:party: :party: :party:
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://www.twistmagazine.com/2009/07/th ... deets.html

We just got word on a possible storyline for Camp Rock 2!

Check it out: Demi, Kevin, Nick and Joe return to Camp Rock only to discover a group of fellow students and teachers have left to join the rival Camp Star in Camp Rock: The Final Jam. Expect to see Nick as the leading man in this flick -- he'll have a major on-screen fling with newcomer Chloe Bridges, who plays the daughter of Camp Star's owner! A little opposites attract meets falling for the enemy? Love it!
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Wasn't really a fan of the first Camp Rock, will probably want to punch the TV during the second one. Haha
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
blackcauldron85

More info:

http://www.j-14.com/2009/07/camp-rock-2-is-a-go.html

It was just announced today that the title will be Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam and the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato are set to reprise their roles at the band Connect 3 and Mitchie Torres. Meghan Martin, Alyson Stoner, Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, and Roshon Fegan have also signed on for the second movie.

Here's the deal: The campers will return to Camp Rock for another summer -- but this time there will be a rival camp, Camp Star, that has taken some of Camp Rock's staff and campers! Camp Star's big shot, Luke (played by Matthew "Mdot" Finley), will challenge Camp Rock to a huge showdown to see which camp really is the most talented.

And if that wasn't enough drama, Nick's character, Nate, will have a love interest this movie! He's going to fall hard for the owner of Camp Star's daughter, Dana (played by Chloe Bridges).

Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam is set to premiere in the summer of 2010!
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

blackcauldron85 wrote:More info:

It was just announced today that the title will be Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam and the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato are set to reprise their roles at the band Connect 3 and Mitchie Torres. Meghan Martin, Alyson Stoner, Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, and Roshon Fegan have also signed on for the second movie.

Here's the deal: The campers will return to Camp Rock for another summer -- but this time there will be a rival camp, Camp Star, that has taken some of Camp Rock's staff and campers! Camp Star's big shot, Luke (played by Matthew "Mdot" Finley), will challenge Camp Rock to a huge showdown to see which camp really is the most talented.

And if that wasn't enough drama, Nick's character, Nate, will have a love interest this movie! He's going to fall hard for the owner of Camp Star's daughter, Dana (played by Chloe Bridges).

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Haha.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

blackcauldron85 wrote:More info:

It sounds like High School Musical 4 and Camp Rock got married and had a baby.

I read on a teen blog somewhere that Demi Lovato's twitter one day was that she just finished recording the music for Camp Rock 2. I wonder how much time there is between recording the soundtrack and actual filming.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Kram Nebuer wrote:It sounds like High School Musical 4 and Camp Rock got married and had a baby.
Great, so it's an attractive baby with passably decent dance moves, groan-inducing songs, and the inability to act its way out of a paper bag.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
bluemoon86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bluemoon86 »

I am way past sick of the Jonas Brothers. Why are they popular again?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

You know, Camp vs Camp does sound just like the East vs West of the proposed HSM4.

Gee. Disney can't even imagine stories even with a hint of uniquness for its pop-star spin-offs anymore!

And then people complain about DTV sequels.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

The first Camp Rock was pretty enjoyable (not as good as High School Musical of course =P) so I'll watch a sequel.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
blackcauldron85

http://tommy2.net/content/?p=11151

The first round of clips from Camp Rock 2 have been screened by those working on the project at Disney over the last month. The initial feedback that we’ve heard is that it’s significantly better than the original.
WDWLocal
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WDWLocal »

Escapay wrote:
Kram Nebuer wrote:It sounds like High School Musical 4 and Camp Rock got married and had a baby.
Great, so it's an attractive baby with passably decent dance moves, groan-inducing songs, and the inability to act its way out of a paper bag.

albert
Stop treating the Disney Channel stars like garbage! You don't even know them and they never did anything to you!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

WDWLocal wrote:
Escapay wrote: Great, so it's an attractive baby with passably decent dance moves, groan-inducing songs, and the inability to act its way out of a paper bag.

albert
Stop treating the Disney Channel stars like garbage! You don't even know them and they never did anything to you!
Its not so much they the stars are garbage.....just the programming isn't good.....and its like in the 90s when The Lion King came out...they didn't use young simba's voice on the Disney Channel (If I recall it was Jonathon Taylor Thomas....but he did do a lot of movies for disney and they were good movies.....and they related not to just teens but it was more family movie such as Man of the House or Tom and Huck.....and Nickelodeon is doing no better with I-Carly and True Jackson VP....

But most of the stuff that dcom on Disney Channel is overusing their teen tween franchises....I mean.....some people compare HSM to Grease....wel I don't think there was a Grease movie beyond #2 where at this rate it looks I think it may be very well possible that we could be having a prequel backstory to High School Musical or even Camp Rock.... franchise...ala Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins.....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

That's right. We don't know them, we're just um-impressed by their acting skills (the Wizards of Waverly Place cast is an exception,as they can actually act). However, we're not treating them like garbage, because of they themselves. I would never do that. The only thing I criticize about the Disney Channel tween stars are their acting (which is either wooden or over-the-top*).

*Though again, Wizards of Waverly Place doesn't fall into these trappings.
Dragonlion
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dragonlion »

The plot for this movie has been used so many times. Even on Disney Channel shows!

Even though I know this'll stink, I'll still watch it.
WDWLocal
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WDWLocal »

estefan wrote:*Though again, Wizards of Waverly Place doesn't fall into these trappings.
Same with the High School Musical movies. Their actors CAN act!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

WDWLocal wrote:
Escapay wrote: Great, so it's an attractive baby with passably decent dance moves, groan-inducing songs, and the inability to act its way out of a paper bag.

albert
Just because you disagree with what others say (in this case, me), it doesn't mean you can tell them they can't say what they feel. Last time I checked, this is a public forum. If you disagree with something, tell them you disagree. But you have no right to say anything along the lines of "stop saying this, don't post that". This isn't the only thread you've done it in. :roll:

In the Iger sucks thread:
WDWlocal wrote:
2099net wrote:...it certainly looks like all Iger is good for is rolling over to any demand...
That's not true.

Watch what you say about Bob Iger. He IS a great CEO and lightyears better than Eisner was.
In the Why is the Fab Five only for kids now? thread:
WDWLocal wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:It's still a big downgrade.
No, it is not!

End of story.
WDWLocal wrote:
jediliz wrote: Not Disney Channel. It spells "only for tweens, we don't care about any movie made before Miley Cyrus was born" case in point......never showing Pollyanna or Swiss Family Robinson, for example.
Enough with the Disney Channel-bashing already!

Geez, people can be so goshdarned cruel and insensitive... :x :(
And in the More to DL's Small World renovation than meets the eye?!? thread:
WDWLocal wrote:
magicalwands wrote:I don't know how Kim Irvine can call herself an Imagineer when she ruined the ride.
The ride is not ruined. It was plussed significantly. And the Disney character additions were indeed done very tastefully.

The Kim Irvine-bashing that has gone on since these changes happened really needs to stop.
It's really ironic that you see it fit to tell people what not to post when you yourself once said this:
WDWLocal wrote:Please don't bash me. I'm just stating my open, honest opinions. That's all.
albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Very nice job, Scaps! My thoughts exactly.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!