X-Men: The Animated Series

All topics on all things Marvel.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

The only 90's design I don't like is the Dazzler she looked a lot better in her Pryde of the X-Men design, plus their designs reminded me of the Konami arcade game.

However the 90's desgins rule all :D
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I actually much prefer, for instance, Rogue's Evolution and Wolverine. Either way, I'll happily be buying both sets when I get the chance.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Blech. I hate Rogue in Evolution and Wolvie & The X-Men. She's too based off the movie version of her, and Rogue shouldn't be a whiny little teenager; she's a major player and one of the big hitters.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I meant her design. Her X-Men (1990) character looks like she's in her late twenties.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

CampbellzSoup wrote:The only 90's design I don't like is the Dazzler she looked a lot better in her Pryde of the X-Men design, plus their designs reminded me of the Konami arcade game.
I totally agree, I love Dazzler. And the series made her too butch, and just rude and nasty. LOL.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

PeterPanfan wrote:I meant her design. Her X-Men (1990) character looks like she's in her late twenties.
Because that's how old she's supposed to be. Late 20's/early 30's. The 90's series was the closest thing there's ever been to the comics.

Btw, you guys should see what Ultimate Dazzler looks like. :p

Looks different, but Ultimate X-Men is actually a pretty good series.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

xxhplinkxx wrote: and Rogue shouldn't be a whiny little teenager; she's a major player and one of the big hitters.
Totally agreed!
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

I've heard sales have been huge for these releases.

interview with cover artist:
http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?act ... ews&id=259
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

just got mine in the mail yesterday from amazon! Vol 2 had a slip cover and Vol 1 didn't :(

So I will check my local best buy to see if they still have the slip covers and get one lol. :D
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I love Ultimate Dazzler.

I'm a big fan of Ultimate X-Men though, so that could be why.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Awesome! Thanks for posting that article, Ioz! Hopefully these huge sales will give us some extras on the next few volumes... OR! Disney might just be lazy and figure that since 1 and 2 have sold so well, they can get away with not having extras. :(

But yay, Widdi! Always good to meet another UXM fan. :D

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Volumes 3 and 4 are here!!! Due to be released September 15th :D

Here's the cover art:

My only complaints about the cover art, is that for Vol. 4, it should be Cyclops facing off with Mr. Sinister and Rogue should be facing off with Mystique.

I love Siren!
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Holla!!!

Chris does this cover all the seasons??
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I don't think so... I think they would need just one more volume to cover it all. I hope they at least include extras in the last set!

I love Siren!
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Great news. I haven't yet finished Volume 1, but I'm really enjoying it.

Also, since there are 76 episodes and typically 15 episodes per volume, there will need to be 1 more volume to finish off the series. But with the rate they are doing it, hopefully that will be out by late 2009/early 2010.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Yes, and hopefully after they're done with this, we'll get the old Spider-Man series.

I love Siren!
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Well I am preordering way in advance this time so I get a slip cover and won't have to bother Disney like I did last time.

The series is fantastic. This in my opinion is the definitive version of the X-men, their attitudes, costumes, and ...just overall everything was so awesome.

I even subscribed to the comic book X-Men Forever because it places them back in their 90's costumes/scnerios. Plus Marvel vs Capcom with them in this era comes out on PSN this month :)

X-Men are jsut awesome!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

CampbellzSoup wrote:X-Men are jsut awesome!
You're welcome. :P

I love Siren!
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

Am I the only one confused by the labelling of these releases? They call them DVD comic book collections, which makes me think of the 40 Years of X-Men DVD-ROM with actual scans of the Uncanny X-Men comic pages. These episodes may be mostly (all?) adaptations of comic stories, but the audience knows the series as X-Men: The Animated Series.

Marketing issues aside, I remember liking the show, and I would like to rent some episodes to see if it holds up.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs