My Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs BluRay Copy

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Its weird that there would be a trailer for Beauty and the Beast and not one for the Fantasias when they are supposed to be coming first. Also that BatB is listed before them as well. Could it be possible that we are going to get BatB first, sometime in Feb or March? I guess the double release would be easier to sell in a fall setting, but to release one of their biggest princess films in the spring is odd.... does the trailer give a release date?

Also, THANK YOU brownpuppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Brownpuppy, could you please also post pics of the Disc art and any other ads inside? Thanks.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
DisneyPrincessSyndrome

Post by DisneyPrincessSyndrome »

BatB is coming to theatres next February, that's probably why. I'm so excited that they didn't axe Fantasia/Fantasia 2000. :] -is all giddy now-

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/index.html

Use the scrolling thingamajib and you'll see that BatB 3-D is coming February 12. :] I can't wait.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^That only makes a 4th quarter release more sensible. I think they're just listing it instead of Fantasia because it's more marketable. And Fantasia was still listed to have a summer release instead of spring or fall.
brownpuppy

Post by brownpuppy »

HELLO EVERYONE!

Alright, I just gotten through watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Blu-Ray and let me just say, I'm so blown away, this movie is the first film that will always have the throne of becoming a classic. Today's Disney that's going on now, cannot match to this film or the other classic films made after Snow White. When you get the Blu-Ray disc you will be blown away and love the new digital restored animations as if you were in the museum watching a masterpiece (and I mean it). Now...I don't do SPOILERS so here's a heads up on what to expect.

HEADS UP!
- Go into the magic Mirror, Mirror on the Wall game to see which Princess you are.
- There will be a sneak peek of the new Disney film for 2009, "The Pirncess and the Frog" and its a rough cut of the film from the beginning it takes about only 6 minutes for the preview. And all I have to say is, this will be the new classic Disney film for the 2010's because I see a resemblance to "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin". And most of all I love hand drawn animations period (no 3D).
- Take a look at the documentary of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on how it started it all.
- And this Blu-Ray also includes the DVD inside for only the film.

And that's all I'll give you. Bye-bye...oh yes and one other thing these are ads I scanned to show to most who wanted to know the next releases.

Hope it satisfies you guys, Bye Bye. :)
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

singerguy04 wrote:Its weird that there would be a trailer for Beauty and the Beast and not one for the Fantasias when they are supposed to be coming first. Also that BatB is listed before them as well. Could it be possible that we are going to get BatB first, sometime in Feb or March? I guess the double release would be easier to sell in a fall setting, but to release one of their biggest princess films in the spring is odd.... does the trailer give a release date?
I would be surprised if they released it in the Spring. Especially because when I was at the D23 Expo, I talked with a representative from Disney Store about the deluxe dolls they are doing for each princess film. They did Snow White with preorders for the upcomming Blu-Ray and they had Tiana on display advertised as coming next Spring with the Blu-Ray release of Princess and the Frog. I asked her what would be next and she said "Belle in the Fall for the Blu-Ray of Beauty and the Beast." So corporate Disney Store has been told Fall and has planned their merchandise accordingly.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

ajmrowland wrote:^That only makes a 4th quarter release more sensible. I think they're just listing it instead of Fantasia because it's more marketable. And Fantasia was still listed to have a summer release instead of spring or fall.
unless they do something like, see it in 3D and get an extra five dollars off the blu-ray out in may.. i wouldn't be surprised..
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

What? The cover art is the same as the slipcover?? :x

Oh, well. Makes me glad I got the steelbook case. ^_^
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

You are a lucky boy indeed Brown Puppy!! I'm really looking forward to seeing my copy a month after the US release , because in England we don't get it until November 2nd !!

Here is the first review : http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... lu-ray.htm
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
Gnomeo

Post by Gnomeo »

A question:

* the spanish audio in the SNOW WHITE [US] Blu-Ray, is from 2001 Mexican dubbing or 1964 dubbing by Edmundo Santos?

:)
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

Deco King wrote:
Here is the first review : http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... lu-ray.htm
I love all the first screenshots!!

Are those from the dvd?

The new dvd or the 2001 dvd?

Because they look much better than the Blu Ray screenshots!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Marky_198 wrote:I love all the first screenshots!!

Are those from the dvd?

As much as I don't want to do this...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

yeah, but those dvd screencaps aren't nearly as gorgeous as the VHS caps. They really need to bring this thing out on VHS.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

No, Patrick, you're really rather wrong. They should re-release Snow White on the old 35mm copies that may still exist from the reissue in the 1960s as second-hand copies. I'm sure there's a few thousand old reels lying around in a few basements down in Minnesota dying to see the light of day again. :P
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

Marky_198 wrote:
Deco King wrote:
I love all the first screenshots!!

Are those from the dvd?

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Those DVDBeaver comparison shots give the ending of the film away. Gee, now no one needs to buy it. Way to go with the spoilers people! :)

I find it very interesting that the colours don't seem to vary that much at all. Not as dramatically as various previews and web-movies have indicated. So move along people - it looks like after all that fuss, there's nothing to see here after all.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

IMO, it seems perfectly clear that the Blu Ray shots look superior to the shots from the 2001 DVD. I'm extremely excited to get my BD copy of this film!!!
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

Wonderlicious wrote:

:roll:
Well, you could at least be honest and take a proper look, instead of giving me the roll-eye.

I think anyone can see that there is not much of a difference between the shots by the wishing well, the queen, and the dwarves shots.

Some other shots, however, like the one with the Prince sitting on the wall, look really bad. The prince looks more feminent and cartoonish than ever before in the Blu-ray shot. I like the dvd screenshot much more. The colors just look better.

And also the one where Snow white stands with her hands put up, she doesn't even look human anymore in the Blu-ray shot. While she does loos human in the dvd shot.

See what you want to see, and feel free to fool yourself with the idea that everything new must be better, but if you are from this world and actually pay attention and see what's in front of you, you would notice this too.
Last edited by Marky_198 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Marky_198 wrote:Some other shots, however, like the one with the Prince sitting on the wall, look really bad. The prince looks more feminent and cartoonish than ever before in the Blu-ray shot.
I'm pretty sure the Prince has looked like a girl in any shot on any format in any decade since 1937. :lol: No format-update is gonna change that or make it less/more noticeable.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Marky_198 wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:

:roll:
Well, you could at least be honest and take a proper look, instead of givinge me the roll-eye.

I think anyone can see that there is not much of a difference between the shots by the wishing well, the queen, and the dwarves shots.

Some other shots, however, like the one with the Prince sitting on the wall, look really bad. The prince looks more feminent and cartoonish than ever before in the Blu-ray shot. I like the dvd screenshot much more. The colors just look better.

And also the one where Snow white stands with her hands put up, she doesn't even look human anymore in the Blu-ray shot. While she does loos human in the dvd shot.

See what you want to see, and feel free to fool yourself with the idea that everything new must be better, but if you are from this world and actually pay attention and see what's in front of you, you would notice this too.
The character design/animation ALWAYS looked that bad*! It's just now you can see it clearer. In theatre's it would've been more obvious. On your HDTV and sitting the responsible distance away from the TV will make it look the same as the dvd (minus all the compression artefacts)

*bad in the sense that the animators were only just started animating human-life figures to this degree. or maybe it was a stylistic choice. either way i think it looks pretty nice!
Last edited by yukitora on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.