Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Maleficent (Live-Action)

Post by Disney Duster »

Great find, Disneynerd! I agree with you and MoonMarc21, it was better as live-action, so it feels less canon.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm Great find, Disneynerd! I agree with you and MoonMarc21, it was better as live-action, so it feels less canon.
Thank you, Dusterโญ๏ธ :D They had at least some amount of dignity back in the 2000s when they left those sequels and prequels for Disneytoonstudios or live action, now they do it themselves with Ralph2, Frozen 2, but I try to stay Optimistic with F3, Moana2 or Zootopia 2 as they have still potential.
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 pm WOAH! Great find Disneynerd! ๐Ÿ‘ You're the GOAT when it comes to finding lost media regarding Disney. For some reason, I can see you and friendoftheotherside working together...BAHAHAHAHA rotfl

Anyways, I actually agree that Maleficent was better off as a live-action movie rather than being part of the Disney Animated Canon. If it was, that would've been in Disneytoon Studios territory. Seriously, how they pitched it really feels so in line of what Disneytoon did in the late 2000s onward with the TinkerBell movies already popping up on my head when I read it. But I guess because they really wanted to copy Wicked's success, they made it in a studio that made features that were more theatrical instead of one that has their movies only relegated to straight to dvd, given that they were so confident in it at first as an animated movie. Now I'm curious of those 3d test animation they made for this movie. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘€ But yeah, it would be so jarring if it switched styles just like what you said in that last sentence.
Thank u Moonmarc <3 :-P Imย  I was sceptical at first because I found the article at the cancelledmovies.com which is usually filled with fanmade stuff.. but aside of thatย fanwebsite DenofGeek and lostmediawiki are the main sources and are actually really trustworthy.

And yeah, they were desperate with preexisting disney property in the 2000s, giving that they were thinking of remaking the Disney classics in 3d starting with Pinocchio, yikes. Glad they left that to the live Action department. :)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm glad it happened as a live-action film, too, but perhaps it might've been a little better if it had been made by WDAS instead. It would've been very weird if that had happened though.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"