Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray/DVD out Nov. 2, 2010 Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray/DVD out Nov. 2, 2010 Discussion

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

There is word that there will be 5 version of Toy Story 3 out for retails when the movie hits store selves! That is insane!!

In title news today, retail sources are telling us that Disney and Pixar will soon announce the DVD and Blu-ray release of Toy Story 3. Word is there will be 5 versions - a single disc DVD, a 2-disc DVD Special Edition, a 2-disc Blu-ray, a 4-disc Blu-ray (which includes DVD and Digital Copy) and the 4-disc Blu-ray packed in a Gift Set. No word yet as to whether any of these will include Blu-ray 3D. Watch for official details in the next couple of weeks.

Link: http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Update: Now we know that the movie will be released on Blu Ray, and DVD on Nov. 2 2010!
Last edited by MICKEYMOUSE on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Dibs on the 2-Disc DVD SE!
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Wonder what would be in the gift set? And would that be in a collectors tin or something?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Glad to hear there is an option, unlike Up, to buy a blu-ray that is not a combo pack.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Kyle wrote:Wonder what would be in the gift set?
Maybe it'll be packaged to look like a vending machine with poker-playing toys hidden in the top.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

What about a set if all 3 movies, will that happen?
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

^^^ I'm sure that'll come eventually.

Definitely getting one of the Blu-rays, probably the combo pack so I can watch it on my iPod, in the family room with the Blu-ray player, or my room with a DVD player/friends' houses that don't have Blu-ray players lol.

I wonder what the gift set will have. Depending on what it is I may or may not get the gift set.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Awesome! I'll probably get the combo pack, or maybe the gift set if it's worth it. And Disney's finally releasing a real 2 Disc Special Edition DVD! But I bet the second disc will be a Digital Copy, ala Up.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Can't wait for Disney to announce the gift set! :D
VagueSimplicity
Limited Issue

Post by VagueSimplicity »

Anh, I'm in for the 2-disc Blu-ray. The DVD is useless and I have yet to use any of my Digital Copies. Plus, it'll most likely be the same size as my Blu-rays of Toy Story 1 and 2, so consistency! XD
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Sign me up for the 2-disc SE! DVD, that is. I sure hope it's as nice as the 10th Anniversary of Toy Story and the accompanying SE of TS2 (the versions that I own, that is).
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Margos wrote:Sign me up for the 2-disc SE! DVD, that is. I sure hope it's as nice as the 10th Anniversary of Toy Story and the accompanying SE of TS2 (the versions that I own, that is).
How many want to place their bets that the "2-disc DVD" is actually disc 1 with some features and the movie and disc 2 is a useless digital copy disc that once used...can be used a a frisbee or anything. :roll: :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Margos wrote:Sign me up for the 2-disc SE! DVD, that is. I sure hope it's as nice as the 10th Anniversary of Toy Story and the accompanying SE of TS2 (the versions that I own, that is).
How many want to place their bets that the "2-disc DVD" is actually disc 1 with some features and the movie and disc 2 is a useless digital copy disc that once used...can be used a a frisbee or anything. :roll: :P
Ugh, you're probably right.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
That would be too bad. I think so far as new Disney films go, the worth while 2 disc is a thing of the Disney past. :(
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

hmmm......Wonder what they're putting in the gift set and how overpriced it'll undoubtedly be

Either way, I'll see how much the Combo costs cuz it will cost more than $20 on release date.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:hmmm......Wonder what they're putting in the gift set and how overpriced it'll undoubtedly be

Either way, I'll see how much the Combo costs cuz it will cost more than $20 on release date.
Plus the probable reality of a $10 off coupon of Toy Story 3 Blu ray combo pack...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Kyle wrote:Wonder what would be in the gift set? And would that be in a collectors tin or something?
Probably Toy Story 1 and 2. :P
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Woo! November 2nd, just about 3 months away. Can't wait!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Wonder what the chances of it being bumped all the way into October? I hate waiting till November for their releases.

cool though that it got pushed up at all.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

I really hope the cover art is similar to that of the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 blu-ray cover arts we got earlier this year.. we got a blue and red color scheme for the first two films, maybe a green for TS3? It would be nice to have all three spines and cover arts match.