New Disney online movie and show service

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

New Disney online movie and show service

Post by skippy »

New online service with rare Disney films unreleased on DVD.

www.disneymoviesonline.com

It has Trenchcoat, Amy, and alot of other stuff.

This may be the new way we get "exclusives" since DMC dried up.[/img]
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

http://www.disneymoviesonline.go.com/home

This was actually where clicking through on the email took me.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

They've got some really interesting choices on there (The Sword and the Rose, for instance). I doubt I'd ever use it (and especially pay five bucks extra to buy online versions of movies I already own), but it's neat, anyway.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

This could be a potential way to how Song of the South would get released, and its going to be according to Jim Hill. Then again, according to Jim Hill, we were also getting a 60th Anniversary release of Song of the South DVD.

Unless they do release that or I ever get tempted to buy a movie with a poor DVD release or even no release at all like Ducktales The Movie(ignoring DMC exclusive)I see no purpose for this as the only way I want to watch a movie is either on the big screen with an audience or on a fairly nice home theater system.

I apparently have Wall-E and Nightmare on it though(through digital copies). I doubt I'd ever get so bored as to watch it that way though. But it did seem to be in good quality and even had bonus features on there to view.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Some interesting titles there, including The Fighting Prince of Donegal (with good picture quality!). However I would prefer having these on the itunes store, which some already are, but not all.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I got an e-mail about this and initially thought it was spam, so I deleted it without even reading what it was.

To be honest, the concept is good, but I'd only be interested in it if they offer a manufacture-on-demand DVD-R service as well. Warner Bros. does this with their Archive Collection, they offer the option of MOD DVD-R's or online renting. I like physical product too much to ever trust paying for something I can only download online and watch within a limited time frame. This is why Divx Disc failed, and why online renting will not catch on, IMO. Too many people prefer physical media of open content that doesn't have an expiration date.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

I agree they must run this like Warner' Archive and offfer at least DVD-R Mod service and offer the Walt era stuff through this (at lest the animation part of it).
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
JoeyOhhhh
Limited Issue

Post by JoeyOhhhh »

Hopefully they put up some old TV shows as well.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

While I am happy to see such great older live-action films as The Sword and the Rose and the Sign of Zorro see the light of day in some form of "release," definitely add my vote for Disney offering a parallel MOD DVD-R service (like Warner Archives) for such titles especially if there is no possibility of those titles ever having a general retail or DMC exclusive release on DVD.

Darby
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

A step in the right direction, but as others have posted, I'd like DVD-on-demand hard copies (without limitations) of the great unreleased films like The Sign of Zorro and The Sword and the Rose (hope they add all the other features and TV shows on our frequent lists too).