Winnie the Pooh DVD/Blu-ray (October 25)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Winnie the Pooh DVD/Blu-ray (October 25)

Post by Sotiris »

It will be released on October 25, 2011.

Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy

Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray/DVD in DVD Packaging

1-Disc DVD

According to dvdizzy.com:
The DVD will include 3 deleted scenes and 2 bonus shorts.

The Blu-ray combos will include the above along with 2 additional deleted scenes, sing-along viewing mode, "Pin the Tail on Eeyore" game, and "Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too".
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

No word on a re-release of the 1977 movie?

Would have expected both movies to be released together on the same date.

OT: that drawing in your signature of all the princesses, did you make that yourself? And if so, would it be possible to get a bigger size of it?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Khonnor wrote:OT: that drawing in your signature of all the princesses, did you make that yourself? And if so, would it be possible to get a bigger size of it?
No, I didn't. This is some stylized art used for merchandise (mainly for clothes, watches, and canvases).

For a larger version of each princess, click here: http://d-princesses.livejournal.com/1033314.html#cutid1
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

LOVE the Italian cover! Please let this be the North American cover.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm disappointed by the very slim bonus features. Not that I would expect anything better from Disney.
Escapay

Re: Winnie the Pooh DVD/Blu-ray Discussion

Post by Escapay »

Sotiris wrote:Disney Italy has also provided a list of Special Features:
Deleted Scenes:
• The Tummy Song
• Rabbit's Friends
• Original introduction: Eeyore
• Original introduction: Tigger
• Winnie's Search for a Tail

Short Film: "The Ballad of Nessie"

Discover Blu-ray 3D with Timon and Pumbaa
Unsurprisingly lean set of extras for the DVD. :roll: Hopefully the Blu-Ray will at least have a commentary, documentary, and gallery.

BBFC classified the introductions for those deleted scenes some time ago, but I forgot to make a thread about it here:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV277953

00:00:14:13 (INTRODUCTION TO DELETED SCENE: "THE TUMMY SONG" - EXTENDED VERSION)
00:00:15:02 (INTRODUCTION TO DELETED SCENE: "ORIGINAL EEYORE INTRO")
00:00:31:03 (INTRODUCTION TO DELETED SCENE: "RABBIT'S FRIENDS AND RELATIONS")
00:00:31:19 (INTRODUCTION TO DELETED SCENE: "ORIGINAL TIGGER INTRO")
00:00:19:20 (INTRODUCTION TO DELETED SCENE: "POOH SEARCHES FOR A TAIL")

They're all pretty short, and the actual scenes haven't been classified yet.
Sotiris wrote:Do you think there is a possbility it won't be released on Blu-ray in Europe or perhaps even in North America?
I think it will be released on Blu-Ray. Disney hasn't done a DVD-only release for any new movies since 2006, and I don't think they'd start with Winnie the Pooh, which is sure to grab a lot of consumers regardless of which format it's under.

I just hope that they have a Blu+DVD combo of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as a tie-in. Preferably with both the theatrical film and the individual shorts available on their own.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

A Blu-ray of many Adventures being bundled in would be great.

And I hope 'Ballad of Nessie' being included makes it to the U.S. Disney keeps promising shorts lately either in theater/on disc and then goes back on that.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

I think there will be a re-release of the 70ties movie for sure. In the Netherlands a there is a series of shops(blokker) which sells new versions of all the pooh films. they've got very simple and terrible covers, see below :P
next to that, most of the internet-shops don't sell 'The Many adventures of winnie the pooh here anymore', while a month ago they still did. This shall be due to the fact that disney will release a new version of it, hopefully not the one below.

Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I like the concept behind these covers - but the execution is terrible.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

How odd, it isn't even in theaters yet. Man, the window between theatrical release and home entertainment release is getting crazy short!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

milojthatch wrote:How odd, it isn't even in theaters yet. Man, the window between theatrical release and home entertainment release is getting crazy short!
But it IS in theatres all over the world already. It is not yet out in North America however.

-Skyler
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Those covers would look great if done properly.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I've seen those covers before. I want to say they were... French?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
milojthatch wrote:How odd, it isn't even in theaters yet. Man, the window between theatrical release and home entertainment release is getting crazy short!
But it IS in theatres all over the world already. It is not yet out in North America however.

-Skyler
Really? Then it's odd that a US film would be released in other countries so much earlier then in the US. I actually didn't know that.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

milojthatch wrote:
JiminyCrick91 wrote:But it IS in theatres all over the world already. It is not yet out in North America however.

-Skyler
Really? Then it's odd that a US film would be released in other countries so much earlier then in the US. I actually didn't know that.
Where've you been brah. There all kinds of reviews already in the Winnie the Pooh thread.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

SWillie! wrote:
milojthatch wrote: Really? Then it's odd that a US film would be released in other countries so much earlier then in the US. I actually didn't know that.
Where've you been brah. There all kinds of reviews already in the Winnie the Pooh thread.
I don't read all the threads, just ones that catch my attention. But, I should have look at this one.

-Walt Disney
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

We have a slightly better versions of those covers in Australia.

But those came out at least a year ago and I think there is still room for a BD re-release of Many Adventures. I certainly hope so, or else I'll be very disappointed in not getting one of my top 3 films in BD (I forget what the other film is :lol: )
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Toky wrote:I think there will be a re-release of the 70ties movie for sure. In the Netherlands a there is a series of shops(blokker) which sells new versions of all the pooh films. they've got very simple and terrible covers, see below :P
next to that, most of the internet-shops don't sell 'The Many adventures of winnie the pooh here anymore', while a month ago they still did. This shall be due to the fact that disney will release a new version of it, hopefully not the one below.

Someone took the "use huge photoshopped heads in the cover" in the wrong direction, I think. If it had that sketch look, then it might have worked, but this is just awful.
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

No Blu release probably because Pooh bombed like no other in every country it was released in.

Disney's fault since they didn't market it and virtually no one knew about it in every country.

Though, apparently it's not even any good.

So, in reality, Lasseter, Iger and friends decided to get even more merchandise sales by whoring out Pooh yet again, however it backfired when they simply dumped it in theatres. Pooh was supposed to have good buzz and JL was touting it but all it was was a cash grab and yet it even failed to do that.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^There's sure to be a NA Blu. Disney releases blus no matter how much a new release movie bombs.