Peter Pan Blu-ray (2013)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Peter Pan Blu-ray (2013)

Post by NeverLand »

Last week I received the new update for the Disney releases from Rotana Home Entertainment (Disney Distributing Company in the Middle East), and according to the new update, Peter Pan and Peter Pan 2: Return to Never Land are scheduled to be released on Blu-Ray for the first time ever on 1 March 2013.. and also available on dvd.

By the way the date of the release could change at any moment with the new updates from the distributing company.. but the release of the film is confirmed.

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Thanks, NeverLand! Does it say whether there will be separate releases or a 2-movie combo pack?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Your welcome Sotiris, and about your question, yes it will be separate releases like all of the other movies that released here in the Middle East such as Pocahontas, Pocahontas 2, The Fox and The Hound, 101 Dalmatians, 101 Dalmatians 2, The Rescures and The Rescures Down Under, In fact we never had a two-movie combo in the Middle East and as you can see from the picture I posted, it will be separated.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

NeverLand wrote:In fact we never had a two-movie combo in the Middle East
Really? Not even with live-action movies like Tron/Tron Legacy, The Princess Diaries I & II, Sister Act 1 & 2 or Father of the Bride 1 & 2?
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

In fact these movies you have mentioned have never been actually released on Blu-ray here the Middle East except for Tron Legacy which was released without the first Tron.

So really we never had a two-movie collection.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Watch this trailer!

It is has been done by a fan when we all thought that peter pan was going to be released in the Diamond Edition line.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ev2JXd6nAKE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ev2JXd6nAKE?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

So... Peter isn't getting a Diamond release?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Peter Pan won't be a Diamond Edition release?! When did that happen?! :o oh, well, it's Disney, they always do this at the last moment. Considering the fact that the film wasn't even suposed to be in the Platinum Collection (at least, that's what I've heard), it shouldn't come as a surprise. So, which films are confirmed to be re-released as Diamond Editions.

So, far we had:
1. Snow White - Fall 2009
2. BatB - Fall 2010
3. Bambi - Spring, 2011
4. TLK - Fall, 2011
5. LatP- Spring 2012

The next ones I know for sure are Cinderella (this fall), Aladdin (spring 2013), and TLM (next fall). Which ones are next?
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Does this affect the final result? I mean, has past experience taught us that non-Diamond editions receive a lesser restoration? It's starting to worry me 'cause Peter Pan is one of my favorites.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

rodis wrote:Does this affect the final result? I mean, has past experience taught us that non-Diamond editions receive a lesser restoration? It's starting to worry me 'cause Peter Pan is one of my favorites.
Well, up until recently ALL Disney Blu-Ray titles have had impeccable and PRISTINE transfers. Recently however (since Disney started fast forwarding their release schedule) the transfers have started to be much less impressive... Most recently both Tarzan and Home On The Range had much less than impressive transfers. Especially concidering how old those movies are. Other releases such as The Aristocats and The Fox and The Hound does not have transfers that match those of previously released older titles.

It seems to me that Disney is in a real hurry to release as many catalogue titles as possible before Blu-Ray gets replaced by streaming. It's great that we get all these titles so much sooner than expected but what does it all matter when the quality is not what it could be?
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

271286 wrote:It seems to me that Disney is in a real hurry to release as many catalogue titles as possible before Blu-Ray gets replaced by streaming
Blu Ray never replaced DVD, so why would streaming replace Blu Ray, surely there's room for both so I don't understand why they'd be so quick to rush everything out?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sicoe6256 wrote:The next ones I know for sure are Cinderella (this fall), Aladdin (spring 2013), and TLM (next fall). Which ones are next?
Well, the only ones left are The Jungle Book and Sleeping Beauty.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Weren't there hints or rumors that Mulan might be getting a Diamond edition? I thought I saw that somewhere on here a while back...

I could be wrong.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:Weren't there hints or rumors that Mulan might be getting a Diamond edition? I thought I saw that somewhere on here a while back...

I could be wrong.
I think this is what you probably recall:
Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King… a key part of Disney’s diamond treatment is EMC West bonus features. Animators know how to make images come to life, and EMC West knows how to make the amazing work that animators do come alive in funny, fascinating, jaw-dropping bonus features!
Source: http://emcwest.com/news/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well, this is wonderful news that it is going to Blu ray; it really is a popular movie, so I am surprised it took so long ?

But I guess you could look on it as being a (possible) gem of a release, much as the Alice In Wonderland Blu. I wasnt expecting that to be half as good as it was.

I am really excited for this now ! Made my day :)
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Well, as far as streaming vs blu ray...

It's a bit hard to predict, isn't it? I mean, home video started with VHS, and that WAS replaced with DVD. DVD however, hasn't been replaced... at all. Most of the home video market still functions on dvd (hence the studios' desperate attempt by producing the combo packs).

The idea of intangible media is interesting, but what happens when one's hard drive crashes? One loses one's whole movie collection?

But I can definitely understand why disney is being quick at releasing their movies on blu ray... may as well make money on that format while they can. Maybe DVD will survive and blu rays will go the way of the Dodo... (NOT the Alice in Wonderland character...)
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Personally, I only know one person in Australia who streams legally.

I see hundreds of people in the buying DVDs and BDs every time I go shopping.

Streaming is already available for free (illegally) and its been in the process of slowly replacing physical mediums for certain people for years now, but BD sales have, at the same time been growing and physical medium sales have not been diminishing at a rate that 'the end' can be forcasted within 2 years.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Marce82 wrote:Well, as far as streaming vs blu ray...

It's a bit hard to predict, isn't it? I mean, home video started with VHS, and that WAS replaced with DVD. DVD however, hasn't been replaced... at all.
One of the reasons DVD is still much alive could be that the studios have dumped the prices on new releases - and let's face it most people prefers quantity over quality :roll:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

From the BBFC

00:01:13:06 DISNEY - PETER PAN - DIAMOND EDITION Trailer
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

:shock: so it IS maintaining its Diamond/Platinum status ?! Oh I'm so glad !

I really feel this film deserves it so much; it is one of Disney's figurehead films after all !