Complete List of DAC Character Vinylmations:

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Re: Complete List of DAC Character Vinylmations:

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Edited to add the following, all part of Animation Series 5:
Doc
Donald Duck
Piglet
Either Rutt or Tuke
Flynn Rider
Fix-It Felix, Jr.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2014/07/2 ... on-series/
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

I'm pretty behind, so, this is going to be doozy... Edited to add the following:

Anastasia & Drizella (Villainous Duos #4 Two-Pack)

Si & Am (Villainous Duos #1 Two-Pack)

Flotsam & Jetsam (Villainous Duos #3 Two-Pack)

Louis the Chef (Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eachez)

Jafar & Iago (Villainous Duos #5 Two-Pack)

Pain & Panic (Villainous Duos #2 Two-Pack)

Lilo & Scrump (Animation 5 Two-Pack)

Big Hero 6 -
Armored Baymax (Big Hero 6 Series)
Fred (Big Hero 6 Series)
Go Go Tamago (Big Hero 6 Series)
Hiro Hamada (Big Hero 6 Series)
Honey Lemon (Big Hero 6 Series)
Nurse Baymax (Big Hero 6 Series)
Wasabi no Ginger (Big Hero 6 Series)
Yokai (Big Hero 6 Series Chaser)

101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan & Cinderella have also all been confirmed for their own Series of 8 figures. Will update when those are announced.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Double-post.

Also added the following:
Shadowy Chernabog & Smoky Chernabog (D-23 Expo Fantasia 75th Anniversary Eachez)

The name on these is my own, based on their designs. http://vinylmationkingdom.com/wp-conten ... 1238_n.jpg -When they've been released, I'll try to edit the list to change the names to whatever the official description is.

Also, I got VERY excited when I learned about the 'Villainous Duos' sets, specifically when I learned that Jafar & Iago were part of the series. "Finally," I thought, "A decent Jafar Vinylmation at last!" http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/ ... G_1685.jpg -Oh. Never mind. Sigh. I sometimes genuinely think Disney is incapable of making appealing Jafar merchandise. It's hideous. It's worse than the Villains 1 design. And that one was pretty awful as well, but at least it actually LOOKED like the character. HOW is it that the Vinylmation JR. figures of Jafar have more detail? Well, I guess, Jafar will join Maleficent as one of the characters whose Vinylmation designs ALWAYS seem to underwhelm me.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:Well, I guess, Jafar will join Maleficent as one of the characters whose Vinylmation designs ALWAYS seem to underwhelm me.
I think their designs, being so tall and angular, don't particularly lend themselves well to the Mickey shape of the vinylmations. That being said, I think the Villains 4 version of Maleficent was good. It appealed to me at least. The rest, including the original Jafar and this one, are not very good. Jafar's hat is just very difficult to translate to the two Mickey ears.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

lord-of-sith wrote:I think their designs, being so tall and angular, don't particularly lend themselves well to the Mickey shape of the vinylmations. That being said, I think the Villains 4 version of Maleficent was good. It appealed to me at least. The rest, including the original Jafar and this one, are not very good. Jafar's hat is just very difficult to translate to the two Mickey ears.
Frollo and Hades are both rather tall and angular with long, drawn in faces, and theirs look terrific. I think Jafar needs to be done like a combination of those: the face going down into the body like Hades and the turban being its own separate hat piece, like Frollo. (Frollo's Vinylmation hat piece is one of the BEST uses of an accessory I've seen so far on the Vinylmation mold.)
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

The Sleeping Beauty set Maleficent looks amazing. It's my favorite maleficent figure.

So does the robot villains Jafar.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

I didn't like the Sleeping Beauty set's Maleficent either, to tell the truth. I did, however, think DRAGON Maleficent looked great. As for Robots Jafar... It's fine. But, it's a robot. I want an actual Jafar that resembles his film appearance. I just hope that since Aladdin is the fall Diamond Edition in 2015 that they'll do an Aladdin series (though I imagine it'll only consist of 8 characters if they do).
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:I didn't like the Sleeping Beauty set's Maleficent either, to tell the truth. I did, however, think DRAGON Maleficent looked great. As for Robots Jafar... It's fine. But, it's a robot. I want an actual Jafar that resembles his film appearance. I just hope that since Aladdin is the fall Diamond Edition in 2015 that they'll do an Aladdin series (though I imagine it'll only consist of 8 characters if they do).
http://blog.disneystore.com/.a/6a013481 ... fd0970d-pi
-Brave.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Yeeessss... Those are Vinylmation Juniors, however. Notice, in my earlier post, I said, "HOW is it that the Vinylmation JR. figures of Jafar have more detail?" We need a PROPER Aladdin series. Not 1 inch key-chains.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

101 Dalmatians Series:

I LOVE this Cruella. This is the first Vinylmation in a WHILE that has excited me. A HUGE improvement over Villains Series 1 Cruella. If they do another, angry 'climax' Cruella (her psycho face at the end when pursuing the pups) then I think Cruella fans will have the best possible versions of her in Vinylmation form. (Sadly, Disney's artists CANNOT seem to get Jafar right. God, even this new 'Villainous Duos' Jafar is hideous.)

Roger is looking...giraffe like, though. The Chaser, by the way, is Patch:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Aww, no Rolly.

That's a mighty fine Cruella, though.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Avaitor wrote:Aww, no Rolly.

That's a mighty fine Cruella, though.
You can just hear her saying, "Anita, daaaahhhhling!"

The only thing that could have made it better is if it looked EXACTLY like the concept art:

-I mean the sketchiness. If they had translated that sketchy quality, it would lend it SO much more charm and almost look like it stepped straight off the screen. Even cleaned up, it's still a GREAT design. I will definitely be adding Cruella to my Vinylmation collection as soon as she starts popping up on eBay!

EDIT: Added the following! http://vinylmationkingdom.com/cinderella-series/ The Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, Lucifer, Bruno, Cinderella (Maid Outfit), Cinderella (Pink Dress), Cinderella (Silver Gown).

I LOVE Lady Tremaine. Oh, my gosh, yes! This is exactly how I always wanted to see her done on the Vinylmation mold. Seriously, if she came with her cane as an accessory, that would be the only thing that would make her any more of a win for me. Damn, between this and Cruella getting a great new design, I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what Captain Hook is going to look like in the Peter Pan Series!
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Edited to add the following:
Tarzan and Jane (Two-Pack)
Prince Charming (Cinderella Series)
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Just revealed that they will release an 8 piece Frozen set on March 18.
-Brave.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Peter Pan series!

Captain Hook
John Darling
Michael Darling
Nana
Peter Pan
Tinkerbell (Angry)
Wendy Darling

...I LOVE this Captain Hook. I feel like the chaser is going to be Tiger Lily. I could be wrong, but that would make the most sense.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Huh, no Smee?
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Avaitor wrote:Huh, no Smee?
It's ok. the figure they made of him in one of the villains series was perfect. As well as croc.

So I'm hoping that those two are not the chasers.

Also, I'm surprised and sad that Michael doesn't have his teddy bear!
-Brave.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

We're getting a regular-sized Aladdin Series! http://diskingdom.com/2015/08/06/first- ... ox-series/
:dance:

Remember when Disney released that Junior Vinylmation Aladdin Series and we were all, "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THEM FULL SIZE?!" Well, they have! Most of them look JUST like the Vinylmation Juniors, which is a-okay with me--those designs were beautiful! And FINALLY a JAFAR Vinylmation that I LOVE! I'm so happy. :)

So far, Abu, Aladdin, Iago, Jafar, Jasmine, Rajah and The Sultan are the ones that have been revealed. I highly suspect Genie will be the chaser, but who knows? Hopefully, the various different designs from the Vinylmation Juniors Series (Prince Ali Aladdin, Slave Jasmine, Cobra/Genie/Beggar Jafar, etc.) will be used as Variants. Honestly, this Series needed the 12 Figure treatment... So many possibilities!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Aladdin looks really weird. Way too much unnecessary baby fat on him, IMO. But I do really like Jafar.

Also, have you seen the new Vinylmation, Jr. series for Adventureland?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ney-parks/#

I actually picked one of these up while I was at the parks yesterday, and got the Jungle Cruise elephant. They look pretty nice, so it may not be my only purchase.