Happy St. Patrick's Day - Where's a Darby O'Gill Blu-Ray?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Where's a Darby O'Gill Blu-Ray?

Post by Barbossa »

Darby needs to hit Blu! 'nough said.

If Disney is slowly starting to release some of their vintage titles like Babes in Toyland. I can't see why this quintessential St. Patrick's Day movie can't get a Blu-Ray release. And while I typed this, It just occured to me that I have not seen or heard any announcements about any vintage live-action Disney coming to Blu this year. Has anyone?

Releasing Darby this year would've tied-in perfectly with the Bond 50 anniversary as this is what gave Connery his big screen start.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day - Where's a Darby O'Gill Blu-Ray

Post by Luke »

Nothing has been announced, but a booklet last year indicated that Absent Minded Professor and Son of Flubber would be coming soon. And, though I shudder at the thought of anyone seriously referring to it as a classic, the Robin Williams Flubber was said to be coming too. There's also The Muppet Movie, though that doesn't count, in my opinion.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

I wasn't a huge fan of the Robin Williams FLUBBER remake. But it did include a cameo by the lovely Ms. Nancy Olson (original star of Absent Minded Professor/Son of Flubber) as the secretary at the Ford Company which was a nice treat. Maybe a Flubber 3 pack with the 2 original films, + the Robin Williams remake would make a nice package. But back on topic yes Darby O'Gill, would make a great blu ray release. It was a wonderful film.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Count me in! I'd love to have it on Blu-ray. Maybe St. Patty's Day 2014...
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Luke wrote:Nothing has been announced, but a booklet last year indicated that Absent Minded Professor and Son of Flubber would be coming soon. And, though I shudder at the thought of anyone seriously referring to it as a classic, the Robin Williams Flubber was said to be coming too. There's also The Muppet Movie, though that doesn't count, in my opinion.
Don't forget Pollyanna!

I'd love to see Darby O'Gill on Blu, as well. It's a really fun little film, and definitely worth watching for those on here who have yet to see it.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Next year will be the 55th Anniversary, so I wouldn't put it past them to release it just to attach a number to the edition subtitle.

I hope when they do release the film to Blu-Ray, it has all the supplements from the DVD, along with Donald in Mathmagic Land, as that short was attached to the film in theatres.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:Next year will be the 55th Anniversary, so I wouldn't put it past them to release it just to attach a number to the edition subtitle.

I hope when they do release the film to Blu-Ray, it has all the supplements from the DVD, along with Donald in Mathmagic Land, as that short was attached to the film in theatres.

Scaps
Amen to that! :eye:
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney