I've finally worked out what Atlantis reminds me of!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

I've finally worked out what Atlantis reminds me of!

Post by ichabod »

Ever since i first saw Atlantis it's been bugging me that it reminded me of something and last night i worked out what!

Last night Stargate (The film not the TV series) was on and the similarities were astonishing.

The main characters in both are both 'geeky' kinda guys who are into books and dead languages and things.

Both characters are recruited by an elderly person who has been part of research on discovering the meaning of something for years.

Both characters make a discovery about an ancient relic.

Both correct a previous translation to show what it really says.

They both set out on a voyage of discovery to explore the new world.

Both characters make a discovery about a secret which has been hidden for years which reveals information about the past.

Both characters have to decipher wall markings to find a key.

Both have to fight to save this new world.

Both characters fall in love and the girl they fall in love with becomes endangered in both and he has to save her.

Both characters decide to stay in this new world in favour of returning home.

Both characters send a necklace home to the an elderly person who has been part of the planning for years.

weird huh?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Don't read this then!

http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/atlantis-i.htm

Yes, I still have the complete Nadia on DVD, and yes, I do intend to do my own comparison. I just haven't had the time.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

2099net wrote:Don't read this then!

Yes, I still have the complete Nadia on DVD, and yes, I do intend to do my own comparison. I just haven't had the time.
Same boat here. I have both complete sets with the two soundtrack cd's in both sets. Barely touched Disc One. Been too busy.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Ditto. I hear the movie is mostly a series of clips from the series.

They were excellent value for money!
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

I already knew about the comparisons that had been made between Atlantis and Nadia. But i was just shocked to see jow similar the actual plot unravelled in the two films!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

ichabod wrote:

I already knew about the comparisons that had been made between Atlantis and Nadia. But i was just shocked to see jow similar the actual plot unravelled in the two films!
It does make an interesting point about one thing though.

Alot of people assume that people who like Disney films have never seen anime and that people who hate Disney animated films are anime fans. I've noticed alot of this from imdb.com when I see people who say this "Disney film sucks" and then they'll recommend some sort of anime for them to watch. It gets really annoying. I am a huge fan of both an indeed it is shocking to have these dead on resemblances and for these folks to be completely unaware. (Like with Lion King vs Kimba the White Lion)

I dont buy Wise and Trousdale's claims that theyre fans of anime (heheh). I think the Miyazaki films are the only anime that they probably ever heard of.