Ghibli Wave 2 Reviews + Info on Totoro

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Ghibli Wave 2 Reviews + Info on Totoro

Post by castleinthesky »

Spoilers in the links Below

Thanks to http://www.nausicaa.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 27, 2005 Wave Two R1 DVD Reviews
In anticipation of the next three R1 Studio Ghibli DVDs IGN.com has created a master page here listing all of their reviews except for The Cat Returns, that review is here.

Thanks to Scott Hall and Patrick Phutthavong for the news.

January 25, 2005 Where's the R1 "Totoro" DVD?
QUESTION: Why was My Neighbor Totoro replaced by The Cat Returns in the February 22nd release line up that includes Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind and Porco Rosso?
ANSWER: The DVD for My Neighbor Totoro was replaced by The Cat Returns, due to technical problems with the DVD transfer. BVHE wanted to make certain to put out the best quality product, so delaying Totoro made the most sense.

QUESTION: When will My Neighbor Totoro be released by Disney?
ANSWER: No Date set yet, but soon.

Our thanks to Rick Rhoades of Disney for providing the answers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is good news to know that Disney is trying to do their best with Totoro, instead of puting out a bad form.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Ah thanks. I don't want to see spoilers so I didn't click on the links. I was wondering what the deal was with the switch and well now I know. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Wow, it's good to hear that they're doing what they can to make sure the transfer looks good. My original guess was that I figured they decided to hold back on Totoro in favor of a title that hadn't been seen in America yet.

Rock on.
Tolhurst
Limited Issue

Post by Tolhurst »

They would be wise (if they had the rights, that is) to do a limited release of Totoro in the theaters
I think it's safe to assume the Disney dub will be released alongside Howl's Moving Castle
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

If they did to a limited release of Totoro or some other older Ghibli films I would for sure NOW!/THIS TIME! take my family to see it on the big screen :) , I kind of wish Disney would try it. :!:

My kids have already asked me if they could have there birthday party with their freinds at the local movie theater in june/july... looks like Howl's Moving Castle could get expensive for me lol.