TOTORO VS MICKEY MOUSE

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
boss
In The Vaults

TOTORO VS MICKEY MOUSE

Post by boss »

Here is a great tag team for you... I would hate to see mickey go up against Totoro... Mickey would be lunch lol :)

I am just wondering about Disneys version of Totoro as far as extras go, I heard/seen some where that there are other short films of Totoro?, does anyone know if this is true? and if it is, whats the chance they might be included on disneys version?
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Actually I think Mickey would kill Totoro. If you have seen any of Mickey's early shorts you would know how crazy Mickey really is! :twisted:

Yes there is a Totoro short staring Mei & the Catbus made for the Studio Ghibli museum. Disney only has the rights to the theatrical Ghibli films so we won't get the Mei & the Catbus short here. That is why our Cat Returns DVD didn't come with the Ghiblis episode 2. Besides the Mei & the Catbus short hasn't been released on DVD in Japan.
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Totoro would sacrifice himself if he sees THE MOUSE.
Dolce fare niente...
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

It sure would of been cool if Disneys version could of had the short film too. We really like the Fox version and think it's well done. I hope Disneys version will be better with good extras. We are still really looking forward to Disneys release of this film.

As far as Mickey goes, he would not stand a chance no way...no how lol, Totoro has got him out weighed :lol:
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

boss wrote:We really like the Fox version and think it's well done. I hope Disneys version will be better with good extras. We are still really looking forward to Disneys release of this film.
The US version should have the same extras as the Japanese version plus a behind the microphone feature and minus the Ghibli Collection, Panda Go Panda, Mononoke and Sherlock Hound trailers.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc ... s/1145.php
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

Thats some good info in that link... thanx :)
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

Does anyone know what rating disney will give Totoro???
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

boss wrote:Does anyone know what rating disney will give Totoro???
It was rated G, apparently in 1993.
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

I am wondering if Disney will change that rating to PG.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

boss wrote:I am wondering if Disney will change that rating to PG.
Disney doesn't rate things, the MPAA does. And Buena Vista is already attached to the 1993 rating. That won't change.
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

I thought Disney was involved in this process, it makes me happy to know Disney has no involvment in it. I was just thinking that Totoro would get a PG rating because the film shows the cat bus balls/nads/testicals. :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

boss wrote:I was just thinking that Totoro would get a PG rating because the film shows the cat bus balls/nads/testicals. :)
I didn't notice that. :shifty: :frog:
boss
In The Vaults

Post by boss »

YUP!, it's no big deal to me or my family but it just got me wondering with the Pom Poko film. IMO I feel the MPAA has lost it's grip on reality. Maybe the MPAA wants to bring back the inquisition too lol. :wink:

jafar

Re: TOTORO VS MICKEY MOUSE

Post by jafar »

none can ever come close to the thunderous roar of totoro; forget about mickey....he's just a mouse!! disney and buena vista have just not been fair with miyazaki dvds when it comes to extras. as far as the extras are concerned, alongwith the storyboards and trailers, totoro region2 dvd set has an alternate opening and closing for the film and a very interesting documentary on the recently opened miyazaki museum in japan!!! i have a very strong doubt if they'll include these features on region1 release. any such thing about ghibli and miyazaki always seem to hurt the egos of the people at disney and buena vista in US. for years they've been delaying just the release of totoro on dvd :angry:
miyazaki-san and nick park are the greatest, most gifted and most humble human beings i've ever known!!!!!!
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Re: TOTORO VS MICKEY MOUSE

Post by castleinthesky »

jafar wrote:none can ever come close to the thunderous roar of totoro; forget about mickey....he's just a mouse!! disney and buena vista have just not been fair with miyazaki dvds when it comes to extras. as far as the extras are concerned, alongwith the storyboards and trailers, totoro region2 dvd set has an alternate opening and closing for the film and a very interesting documentary on the recently opened miyazaki museum in japan!!! i have a very strong doubt if they'll include these features on region1 release. any such thing about ghibli and miyazaki always seem to hurt the egos of the people at disney and buena vista in US. for years they've been delaying just the release of totoro on dvd :angry:
You can see why Totoro is being delayed at http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... toro+delay
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

What I posted in this thread seems to be the most likely reason Totoro is delayed. http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... a47d9033f8

Disney just uses the Japanese DVD transfers for the R1 Ghibli DVDs so I don't understand how there could be a technical error with the transfer.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

Little Red Henski wrote:What I posted in this thread seems to be the most likely reason Totoro is delayed. http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... a47d9033f8

Disney just uses the Japanese DVD transfers for the R1 Ghibli DVDs so I don't understand how there could be a technical error with the transfer.
Yes that is also a prominent reason. Henski you are great. :thumb:
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
jafar

Post by jafar »

whatever technical problem they may be facing with the digital transfer, one year time is good enough (or shall i say- a bit too much!!) for any such problem to be resolved. if totoro is not in the list of miyazaki wave3 dvds, then its shame on you, disney.
miyazaki-san and nick park are the greatest, most gifted and most humble human beings i've ever known!!!!!!
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

jafar wrote:whatever technical problem they may be facing with the digital transfer, one year time is good enough (or shall i say- a bit too much!!) for any such problem to be resolved. if totoro is not in the list of miyazaki wave3 dvds, then its shame on you, disney.
Some of us may want Only Yesterday or Whisper of the Heart more than Totoro. :roll:
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

jafar wrote:whatever technical problem they may be facing with the digital transfer, one year time is good enough (or shall i say- a bit too much!!) for any such problem to be resolved. if totoro is not in the list of miyazaki wave3 dvds, then its shame on you, disney.
The sooner those old Fox Totoro DVDs disapear the sooner Disney will release the new Totoro DVDs. I heard that Disney is trying to get rid of the old Fox DVDs by selling them at the Disney theme parks.

source http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... ost2539735

I don't think Whisper of the Heart is comming anytime soon. The University of California Berkley is screening every theatrical Ghibli film this summer except Whisper.