The Search for Mickey Mouse!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

Search for Mickey Mouse - 2004 release, does anyone know?

Post by 2099net »

Here's the IMDB.com Link
Mickey Mouse gets "mouse-knapped." So Minnie hires the greatest detective alive, Basil of Baker Street, to help find Mickey.
Does anyone know anymore about this? Is it for the cinema or DTV? It sounds more like a DTV project to me. Looking at the cast list provided by IMDB it looks like this could be similar in concept to "House of Mouse" or even "Kingdom Hearts".

The cast includes the following characters:

Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Alice (in Wonderland), Fifer Pig, Pete (yay!), Goofy, Pluto, Practical Pig, Basil of Baker Street, Robin Hood, Daisy Duck, Fiddler Pig, Minnie Mouse, Peter Pan, Aladdin and Elliot (the dragon).
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

I hope this isn't a 3D flick because I really didn't like the way Mickey looked at the Oscars. But it would be nice to see Mickey in the Cinema's again its been 8 years since his last outing.

Hooray my first post!
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

this project is down now that a Kingdom Hearts anime is on the work. he two storylines were too close each other.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I love the idea of this movie. And it would be great to see Mickey on the big screen - been so long.
The most information I have ever seen about this movie is at the brilliant animated-movies.net site. (It just rocks :D).
The Search for Mickey page is here:
http://www.animated-movies.net/TheSearc ... Mouse.html

It details the problems they've had with getting it together, the main one being getting a cohesive story that didn't come across as just "Hey look! It's Pete...now let's go see if Donald is about..." kind of story. It needs to emotionally engage the audience for 90 minutes if it is to be a feature.
Anyways, check out the site - it says it much better than me.
And KinOO - that site seems to mention stuff about the Kingdom Hearts movie too being another option that hampered production. I guess Disney just has to go where the money is - and if the game is selling...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Sadly Kindom Hearts is not selling in the UK. Last count it has sold less than 25,000 copies.

I don't know, I guess there's not enough blood and sex in it to appeal to todays UK gamers. :(

Great link Loomis!
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Wow, thats suprising that Kingdom Hearts isn't selling there. Its gotten some good reviews here and even has its own line of action figures.
disneyaholic

Post by disneyaholic »

Here is a much better link for The Search for Mickey Mouse. The The Search for Mickey Mouse has been cancelled since December 17, 2002, and has been replaced with The Three Musketeers
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

this movie was supposed to be WDFA 50th Animated Feature.
disneyaholic

Post by disneyaholic »

Actually it is for Mickey's 75th birthday
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

nope it was WDFA 50th Animated movie :)
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

MMB and Disneyholic: I've heard various stories that would indicate you are both right.
I think there were plans to do a Mickey feature of this nature, and it couldn't be decided as to whether to do it for Mickey's 75th birthday or as the 50th feature. The 75th looks unlikely (it is this year isn't it?), while the 50th is still 8 movies away.
Who knows if we will ever see it now?
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
disneyaholic

Post by disneyaholic »

MMB, I know what I am talking about since I originally reported about The Search for Mickey Mouse in October of 2001, many months before anybody else. The Search for Mickey Mouse for Mickey Mouse was originally going to be WDFA's 50th feature film due in 2010, but in the middle of last year, they deided to move up the release date to February 2004 in honor of Mickey Mouse's 75th anniversery that will begin in January orf 2004. The Search for Mickey Mouse has now officially been scrapped now due to the fact they could never come up with a semi-plausible storyline. Also, Treasure Planet is only the 42nd Feature film and it will be a few more years until WDFA feature reches it's 50th feature film. So it may or may no ome up with new plot for The Search for Mickey Mouse by then.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

i dont wanna bicker with you since this is not Vondrake.com
IggieKuzco
Special Edition

Post by IggieKuzco »

I cant wait for this one!!!! unfortunatley, its only schedualed for 2012!!!! way too far! Anyway... it's supposed to be about how mickey dissapears and minnie hires Basil of Baker Street to find him..... and since its going to be the 50th disney classic its going to have at least one character from every disney movie..... EVER! this is going to be too awsome!

:mickey: Lets find him already!!!

:) :) :) :)

The wait is too long..... im goin gto go crazy!!!!!!! aughh!!!!!!!

:brick:
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

I haven't heard anything about this movie. Where did you get your info so I can look it up in more detail?
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
IggieKuzco
Special Edition

Here ya go

Post by IggieKuzco »

film I haven't heard anything about this movie. Where did you get your info so I can look it up in more detail?
here: http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/detailed.cgi?film=25094

Im still looking all over the web and i cant find nothin! :cry:

If you find somthing.... tell me!!!
MagiChar

Post by MagiChar »

According to this site it's canceled.
http://www.magicalears.com/films/animat ... Mickey.php
IggieKuzco
Special Edition

i dont think so!

Post by IggieKuzco »

Well... check this out! according to IMDB, (the internet movie database) its not and it seems to be scheldualed for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0313571/

I am so.... f$%@& happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) !!!! cant wait!!!!!

If anyone knows anything at all....... post IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

This sounds like a good idea for a cartoon short that would last about 15-20 minutes, but as it said in the article above, having it go on for 90 minutes does sound annoying.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Re: i dont think so!

Post by Jack »

IggieKuzco wrote:
Well... check this out! according to IMDB, (the internet movie database) its not and it seems to be scheldualed for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0313571/

I am so.... f$%@& happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) !!!! cant wait!!!!!

If anyone knows anything at all....... post IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!
The magical ears site has been updated in December 2002, while IMDB has been updated in April 2002. So its more likely that it is indeed cancelled for the time being.